Mr. Bean: The Animated Series

ITV (ended 2003)

Mr. Bean: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (17)

7.8
  • A show that is overplayed, boring, dumb, ugly, and a bad influence to kids

This show is now Wii! A lot of kids get insulted by their dads because of this show. I remember when I started watching this show, I actually imitated when he was eating paper. Because of that, I got a C- in my conduct grade. Not only that. Also, the humor in this show is very very disgusting! Like in one episode, Car Trouble, after watching it, I wanted to imitate Patty Farrell. I would also say that "Only a complete moron would find any humor in bird poop". When I first watched that episode while eating, I lost my appetite. Stealing is a moral lesson in this show. Also, this show is f***ing overplayed. It ended ten f***ing years ago! And they show it a twelfth of a day. I think Rowan Atkinson is a ***. He needs to go to a Mental Hospital. I'd rather watch Bad-Oy! than this piece of sh*t! If only I could give this show a 0, I would do that. It deserves a 0 becuase it is lame.

• this show is so boring

sorry to any fans out thyere but mr bean is not for me i just dont get it its so boring i cant stand it oviously no offence to all ya fans out there im not questioning your choice of cartoon but its really crap and i cant stand it in my opinion theres no plot to it really pathetic storys you might think that my programmes aka danny phantom and yugioh are really crap but everyone has a different opinion and different liknings of programmes but sorry folks this is not the show for me but it could be for other pepole sorry but this show is really crap
  • I love this show!!

At first glance it may look like a show that's for kids, but it's still really funny even if I'm not a kid anymore (although I still am a Children's show fan.. hehe). Anyways, Mr. Bean still doesn't cease to amaze me and make me laugh. Imagine, he now is a cartoon character and he still is funny! Even with just the voice! I think that the show is also a good idea because there can only be one Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) and once he gets too old, he might not be able to portray Mr. Bean anymore, but in cartoons, he can last forever! :D Bravo!
  • old Childhood Classic

Mr. bean is one of my favort chartoons arond better than the oringenal, When they were going to be pez Inever hear of this seris & try to find away to watch it, than PBS us start to air this show & after summer 2003 it got cancelled but I hope Nicktoons US will replace Yakkity Yak for this.
  • Not as good as the original.

The storyline is slightly different than the one in the original - in this series Mr.Bean lives in an apartment with his landlady, Mrs. Wickets and her cat, Scrapper.

Don't get me wrong - I love both the animated series and the original series, however the animated one just doesn't have the "feel" of the original series. Although the animated series does have some funny moments that can have you rolling on the floor laughing, it just can't compare to the funniness of the original one. Overall, I'd give this show an 8/10 as it still needs some adjustments to become as good and as funny as the real one.
  • Should be a lot better- right ideas that lack the fireworks to be really successful.

I have seen a few of these on Utube and I think it's sad. The show is done amost right to me and captures Bean almost exactly. But it's largely too low key and fails to get the right level for Bean. As a cartoon the material should be more over the top without being the kind of cheap slapstick that makes up so much of today's animation. The stories are in the right direction and not cheapened for animation but the show lacks the energy I want from it. And I want more sets- with Animation I want to see more things going on in the London area. There are so many places Bean can go from Fish & Chips, to Sweet shops, to dance clubs to the Tower of London to boarding schools and the theater to a wide diversity of places in England- he might go to France and Spain on Holiday too. In watching the show it feels like Rowan has become a bloated Rock Star and finds it hilarious that he can do so well off the Bean empire without putting in the effort and almost as if he is making fun of it. The first film was such a let down. It like they finally get it right and then 1 minute later the credits come on. And to make it with that cute American family and with very commercial themes like that that are anti-Bean man I am let down. I thought that this would have been a major opportunity for Rowan to do something on the level of Mr. Herlot's Holiday and I got Beethoven 4 and bad recycled Bean gags from the TV show. Too bad. And too bad for the animated series because it has the right ideas but fails to take them to the next level. So instead of being great the animated version is good. And the teddy bears for sale are not the real ones- the only real ones are the ones you have to make from a pattern off the internet. Should be great and not mildly interesting... He fights a lobster as a waiter and it's not the human condition per se and not really dramatic and so on.
  • Wow this cartoon is great.

This cartoon is great.The animated Mr. Bean almost acts like the real Mr.Bean.This cartoon can make anyone laught even the grumpiest person in the world will like this show.Almost everyone will like this show and will get addicted by this show.This catoon is very classical if you ask me because thre isn't much voice acting.This show includec a lot of comedy acts as well.There's one episode where Mr.Bean shows bravery and justice.Mr.Bean lives in some sort of apartment with some old granny.Hr sleeps with his teddy bear called Teddy.Mr. bean owns a car(beetle).
    He drives recklessly around the town with his car as if he dosen't have a licence at all.
  • HAHAHA! very very funny.

HA HA HA! very very funny. takes the daily stress and pressure from work away. you dont even need speakers to watch it. its so very very funny and i think more shows should be like these, especially cartoons. just like charlie chaplin's silent movies. you'll laugh from start to finish.
  • Good

This is a good show about mr bean but it can defientaly carnt be as good as the normal Mr Bean by Rowan Atkinson. It is a bit funny in places but its not allways funny. This show is quite bad compaired to the normal Mr Bean a while ago!
  • Great British show!!!

Mr. Bean: The Animated Series is a great show not as good as Mr.Bean but Mr. Bean: The Animated Series is still great.This great shoes about,Mr. Bean, star of film and television, is back -- but this time he's a cartoon hero, appearing in a new series of hilarious animated adventures! The animated Mr. Bean series consists of a total of 26 episodes broken into two shorts each. This Show actually appears on NickToons TV but is not listed and used to show on ITV when it was first aired. Mr. Bean is a daft man living in an apartment........

• Some laughs, but nothing spectacular.

Animated Mr Bean is OK, but its no where near as good as the real Mr Bean. Its really simple humour and I have found myself laughing quite often, but the animated Mr Bean just doesn't look right. He has this sort of evil look in his eye whereas the real Mr Bean looks a lot more innocent like he has no idea what is going on.

There is much worse stuff on the box and so I don't mind watching this from time to time.
  • It's a kids cartoon, I know, but it's still very, very funny!

Brilliant cartoon! And congratulations to the new editor, Star Blaster for editing this superb cartoon. Good luck! OK, I don't know what to write now. This show rocks! This show rocks! This show rocks! This Show is awesome and it rocks! This show rocks! This show rocks! This show rocks! This show rocks!
  • Sometimes enjoyable to watch, but not as good as the original Mr.Bean!

7.1
    This show has it's moments of laughter, but it just can't measure up to it's original counterpart! They had Mr.Bean's idiocy right and the fact he can't talk too! There are MUCH worse shows I can think of, so this show is sort of underrated!
    As a big fan of Mr.Bean, I've come to appreciate this show.
  • It isnt as good as the classic Mr. Bean. But, it still has its funny times!

7.4
    Mr. Bean: The animated series, is a spinoff from the ver-popular show. I think what dragged fans like me to watch this show was that Rowan Atkinson is the voice of Mr. Bean! I love that man! I also like teddy. now he is cuter than the one used in the old Mr. Bean.

However, I feel sometimes the storylines arent that nice or funny with Mrs. Wickett or her cat. The best storylines are usually ones without them . Anyway, I hope more people will watch the show as its alright and the show can be reached to all.
  • Great!

Mr. Bean deserves a cartoon, and it's funny. Really funny. I like most episodes because of the halirious scraps Mr. Bean gets himself into, like losing his teddy, causing traffic jams and messing up the house. It's good really. And my bro watches it too and he's 17. I think it's exciting and cool. A great idea, make Mr. Bean into a cartoon series.
  • Mr Bean (2002)

This cartoon version of Mr Bean is good. Even though they haven't made any new episodes of it but its real good to watch though. Hope they make new episodes really soon. The classic Mr Bean is cool as well that is real funny. As far as I'm concerned they are both really good.
  • "I got an idea, let's bring back Mr. Bean!" "Hey, I got even a better idea, Mr. Bean as a cartoon" Ok, so the idea of Mr. Bean being a cartoon was a bad idea.

6.1
    Mr. Bean (Cartoon)
    By: StarFry64

For those who were disapointed of the ending of the last Mr. Bean episode, will find themselves a new Mr. Bean. However, this cartoon version is not that funny. It tries to be funny in a cartoony way. Although yes the animation looks totally great, it doesn't fit in with this show. The humor is not realistic, and in Mr. Bean the humor was funny because it can happen in real-life. But how can it be realistic if you have a bomb on top of car and then it lands on you and your car and making it explode?????????? Overall, I recommend watching the regular version of Mr. Bean or the movie. Also Rat Race can be a good pick...

6.1 out of 10