Mr. Bean

Blind Date

Aired Unknown Mar 12, 1993 on ITV

• Mr. Bean jumps into "Blind Date" for another episode for Comic Relief. Will he find his true love there?

I'm not familiar with the show "Blind Date" (or the American version of it), but we used to have a similar show in Finland, so I know how it is supposed to work.

Mr. Bean, on the other hand, seems to have a very different idea about how to find his potential other half.

It so happens that he refuses to answer most questions set before him, but still the woman, Tracy, chooses him - a choice she surely regrets for the rest of her life.

A night in an English Country Hotel is a dream come true for Bean, as the video diary tells us, but for his companion, it surely is the longest date of her life. Not to mention life-threatening.

While this episode was fun at places, it seemed Bean was somehow out of character the whole time. I just didn't get the usual vibe out of him. Could it be that he talked so much, and didn't have as much room to dominate the screen as usual? Either way, a decent episode, but there have been better ones for sure.