Mr. Bean

Mr. Bean

Aired Unknown Jan 01, 1990 on ITV

• This episode is my favorite, and the church skit explains why I try hard to keep a straight face when singing "All Creatures..." and other hymns with the same tune in church!

The first episode is my favorite of the whole sitcom thanks to the skit when Bean goes to a church service!

The exam warms me up - with Bean cheating off a fellow student's answers, then gives up and cries for his "mummy!" Then, the protagonist goes to the beach and changes into his swimwear while trying hard to be discreet! But his experience in a church service does this show big justice. There are a lot of reasons why it's my favorite skit in the series: Howard Goodall playing the organ, Bean making faces, Bean dozing off, Been sneezing and wiping his nose on his pocket, and Bean trying to eat a mint!

But the crowning moment of awesome has to be the part when the congregation sings, "All Creatures Of Our God And King." Bean doesn't know the verses, just the refrains and alleluias. During the second verse (actually the last), he searches frantically for his fallen mint. While he checks for his mint in his pants, he dances and sings the alleluia in the middle of that verse. He picks up the mint from the floor during the refrain, and as he and the congregation sing the final alleluia, he tries to put the mint in his mouth again. When he senses Mr. Sprout noticing, he puts the mint in his mucus-filled pocket. No wonder why I try to keep a straight face when singing that hymn or any hymn with the same tune in church!
  • Mr. Bean...

The Exam: Mr. Bean goes to take an exam, it's as simple as that. Funny first sketch. The bit with Pink Panther doll is really unexpected, and would probably be too risque for American television (probably not then, but more than likely it would be now).

The Beach: A very short, and extremely funny sketch. Mr. Bean goes the beach, and he needs to put his bathing suit on, except there is someone is in the same area as he his. The sketch is just so simple, and painfully funny, and the payoff is just phenomenal.

The Church: Not the best of the three. It has some funny moments, but it does drag on a little too long.

See this episode for The Beach, it's extremely funny...One of the classic Mr. Bean sketches.
  • Oh boy! excellent show you'll sure to enjoy!!!

This was the very first episode of Mr. Bean and It was excellent!
    This episode was divided into three parts, the first was Mr. Bean's exam, the second was Mr. Bean's swimming trunks and the third was Mr. Bean goes to church.

Part 1. Mr Bean sit's an exam.

Oh man! The whole thing was truly hilarious! The part where he pushed that random three-wheeled car out of the carpark, so he could get one was funny! In the exam, Mr Bean was seated next to a man who was really trying to concentrate but he couldn't because Bean had no idea on the answers, so he peaked over at the man next to him, that didn't work, he moved over more, the guy hid his paper! DARN! What could Bean do? Score a zero in his test? He wasn't about to let that happen, so he pretended to drop his pen over to where the other man was sitting and quickly peeked at his paper! Funny! The instructor was watching! The end was funny how he wasn't even doing the right test! POOR MR. BEAN!

Part 2. Mr. Bean's swimming trunks

Mr. Bean decided to go down to the beach for a swim and tried to change his clothes in front of a blind man (he didn't know) so Bean came to think that he was watching him all this time! it was pretty funny, but not my favorite storyline.

Part 3. Mr. Bean goes to church!

HA HA! Awesome one this one was!!! Halaluah! Halaluah! etc. It was sooooo funny!!! Overall: Incredible start to Mr. Bean! I'll review the other ones that I've seen later!
  • Sr. Bean es un espectáculo de comedia sobre un hombre cuya vida entera es una situación graciosa . Él apenas habla, pero las palabras no son necesarias. Todo que él hace es gracioso. Sr. Bean es un hombre cultivado, pero &eacut

En este episodio Bean va a dar un examen de trigonometria mientras se prepara coloca un despertador y variascosas con el fin de presumirlas. A la hora de empezar el examen el no sabe nada de este e inventa varias ocasiones para copiarse del examen de la pewrsona que esta al lado de el como por ejemplo tirar el lapiz. Asi pasa la mayori del tiempo hasta que es hora de entregar el examen se da cuenta que estaba tratando de resolver otro examen de color verde y tenia que resolver el blanco de trigonometria y terminaron por quitarle el examen ya que no le quedaba tiempo.
  • it was before my time when it was first released but when i seen it i had to buy all the episodes on vidio they where that good

mr been is a good example of good comedy unlike all the newer stuf that there is to much swearing and rudness, and it shows that to be funny you dont have to say much. i thought that it was painfully funny but really good, and ive always wonderd how did he get his trousers off still with the trunks on?