Mr. Belvedere

ABC (ended 1990)

boechsner

Mr. Belvedere Fan Reviews (5)

7.6
  • This was a show that I watched mostly in syndication a couple years after it stopped airing in first run episodes, and I think I ended up seeing every last episode of it too.

6.2
    There was a reason why I ended up seeing every show aired though. I thought this show was mildly entertaining when I was in school, and it was on at a convenient time as well every day on one of our local stations.

Sure, the show didn't have alot of substance and it CERTAINLY didn't have any stars in it. That is, unless you include Bob Uecker in the "star" category. Anybody who is a baseball fan (like me) or a fan of the movie Major League (Again, like me) may think he's a valuable addition to a show. He had his moments and generally did a good job portraying the role of the father. Christopher Hewitt also did pretty well in the role of the butler, Mr. Belvedere. The rest of the cast was pretty much throwaways. The little kid Wesley was a pretty annoying character actually, and the "very special" episode with him getting touched in some very private places was pretty cheesy as well.

I remember watching this show in syndication fondly and I have wished they would bring it back. I don't think that'll happen since this show never was really popular when it was in first run episodes, and certainly not in syndication. I suppose it just didn' thave the star power, nor the appeal of other 80s sitcoms. However, I still found it to be mildly funny, albiet not outrageously funny, and hope to see it again sometime.

(Don't hold your breath for a Mr. Belvedere DVD set any time soon.)