Mr. Show with Bob and David

Eat Rotten Fruit From a Shitty Tree

Aired Friday 12:00 AM Dec 07, 1998 on HBO

• \"...til death do us part...\"

One of the best episodes of one of the best shows of all time. Bob\'s delivery of \"My life...\" to illustrate the time wasted on selfish pursuits speaks volumes with two words. such is the genius of Mr. Odenkirk. The episode title does not appear in the episode as aired, but was not from a cut sketch as someone had suggested. It came from the song \"Garden of Hate,\" an original by the shows composer Eban Schletter, which played, instrumentally, through the afformentioned \"I\'ll marry your ass\" sketch. In the lyrics, you will hear, \"Walk through the garden of hate with me, eat rotten fruit from a shitty tree...\" This can be heard on the Mr. Show Jukebox feature on the season four DVD. Also it was erroneous to state that this was the only episode for which the title was not mentioned in the episode. The very first Mr. Show, titled \"The Cry of a Hungry Baby\" was also not stated, but came from a cut scene wherein Bob says, \"An audience is like the cry of a hungry baby. If you ignore it, it will go away.\" this can be found in the book, \"Mr. Show: What Happened?\" by Bob\'s wife, Naomi Odenkirk.