We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Sarah Silverman Program

st_hubbins

[1]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 7
    Has anyone seen Sarah Silverman's new show?  It's clearly Mr. Show influenced (similarly bizarre humor, and several of the same actors).  Also, there are a couple of Mr. Show references.  For example, one of the characters, played by Brian Posehn, was wearing a Titannica T-Shirt.

So what do other Mr. Show fans think of it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Atheist420

[2]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    Im starting to like it, its nowhere close to mr show or anything and some of the jokes arent great, but overall its still funny.

atomZarcon4

[3]Feb 24, 2007
    though i believe a lot of the comedy writing is definitely more sarah based than bob and david based, there is obviously a comparison, and a good one at that. i agree it's no mr. show, and simply can't be anyway seeing as how it's on cable instead of premium. it is however, hilarious, sarah definitely pushes her medium pretty far, and her style lends itself acceptibly to the limits cable forces, perhaps because she is so nuanced it is hard to validate offensively.

but yeah, i love seeing ANY mr. show alumni rejoined. Mr. Show is by far superior undoubtedly, but i don't really feel it is comparable that way. All in all, by far my new favorite show. I must admit I am particularly biased. I love Sarah.

jekyll

[4]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 86
    It's a really great show. I've been keeping up with it on DVR and enjoying it immensely.

Deznaj

[5]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 6

I only recently obtained the first two seasons of Mr Show (yesterday actually) and I really enjoy it! It's a funny off-beat show with sharp and fast paced humor. It has the edge that series like SNL and 30 Rock miss, although the latter comes close.

The Sarah Silverman Program can be compared with Mr Show due to the sharp and fast paces humor, but I don't like it at all. Silverman is such an irritating person, I can't watch that show with any amount of joy. The supporting cast is great, but she is such a pain for me to watch. She's next to Paris Hilton my second most irritating person, and that's saying something!

AlexKrycec

[6]Apr 2, 2007
    When did this show first air? Is it out on DVD? I suppose I could look it up in the TV.COM listings for more info. Thanks for the heads-up about it though!

stavenger

[7]May 16, 2007
    • level: 3
    Sarah was in at least one episode of Mr. Show, so thats probably how she met Brian Posehn and the rest of the bunch.

StarFry

[8]May 28, 2007
    • level: 2

I think Sarah has been in more than one episode of Mr. Show. Her first appearance was one of the episodes in Season 1.

I love Sarah Silverman Program but its no where near Mr. Show or its humor, but then again great to see Sarah, Brian, and Jay from Mr. Show together doing a funny show. I've seen other Mr. Show cameos on her show. Let's just hope Bob and David together are in a cameo.

Evil_Dead_Ash

[9]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 9
    stavenger wrote:
    Sarah was in at least one episode of Mr. Show, so thats probably how she met Brian Posehn and the rest of the bunch.

I didn't count her appearances, but she is in 'more than several' episodes of Mr. Show. You'd be forgiven for not realizing that she was on Mr. Show (brief appearances, few lines). But when you're watching the episodes looking for her; she does stand out.