Mr. Sunshine (1986) Forums

ABC (ended 1986)

this show had a lot of blind jokes in it.

vidking

[1]May 14, 2008
    • level: 5
    I watched this show and liked it. It figures all the shows I like at that time were canceled. Jeffery Tambor played a blind character. It had a lot of blind jokes in it. the critics say that it was making fun of blind people and maybe that's why it was canceled? I remember in one show the blind guy goes into a department store and bumps into a manician (sp) and says sorry sir. Stuff like this was all in the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xyzmikexyz

[2]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 1

vidking wrote:
    I watched this show and liked it. It figures all the shows I like at that time were canceled. Jeffery Tambor played a blind character. It had a lot of blind jokes in it. the critics say that it was making fun of blind people and maybe that's why it was canceled? I remember in one show the blind guy goes into a department store and bumps into a manician (sp) and says sorry sir. Stuff like this was all in the show.

Oh well, maybe a show will start that pokes fun at people with cancer or some other dreaded disease. I'm sure you'd like that too. Being blind is not funny. It is a daily struggle to survive. And people laughing at you because of it makes it unbearable. The funniest thing I can think of is if you, vidking, are stricken with blindness. After all, then you won't have to watch a show to have to get your jollies about it, you can experience the torment first hand. I reckon you wouldn't last very long.

The only thing sicker than the writers of this show were the executives who thought it was reasonable to air.

Edited on 11/07/2009 6:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.