Mr. Sunshine Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

will it last?

bdancer99

[1]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 11

do you think it's gonna last, or end up getting cancelled

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 23
    It was an okay episode kind made me think of the office. But better then office I say it gets cancelled after a few episodes.

TvFreak7

[3]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 26
    yeah it was okay. but i see huge potential here. The characters were good, especially Janney. I think this has potential to become a real hit show! But it definitely needs to grow, which I think it will. So, I think it will last, once it finds its footing, it is going to be a great comedy!

JulieParker2

[4]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 5

Sorry , but it won't last. Not once did I even do a smirk at anything , let alone a laugh. Never did find anything funny in the episode ,nor did my wife who loves Perry. Probably the only episode I will watch since I don't believe it will capture any type of audience.

AlexEdwards1

[5]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 8
    Nope. Ten minutes and I was already bored.

skidoo369

[6]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 9
    look, i really wanted to like this show. and i'm definitely in the target audience. Being a 41 years old male, I should identify with Matthew Perry, but i don't here (while i did in Friends for so many years).

i don't know, the entire show and its premise looks fake to me. To a point i was 'seeing' (understand: imagining) the crew filming the show around the actors and the sets being built out of cardboard... and that's a very bad sign.

add to this VERY bad jokes (understand: weak), and you have a show that's obviously way over-rated here, very likely voted heavily by its crew...c'mon, we all know the drill... the same happens to Z-movies on IMDB, right? So this show can't seriously be rated 9.2! (as of today)... a 5 or maybe a 6 if I'm generous, but over 9????

Anyway, while i SO enjoyed watching a new episode of RAISING HOPE (at last!) the same night of "Mr Sunshine" pilot, I see only clouds over this show, and certainly an early cancellation.

Maccsa

[7]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 10

It can go either way, they just have do develop a little more. Remember that cougar town started like that and now is an ok tv show that will probably last a few seasons.

It probably won't become epic but you can't judge a show by the pilot.

Edited on 02/10/2011 12:20pm

barnjasoph25

[8]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 1
    Crystal decides to hold a contest to determine the Employee of the Year, but unbeknownst to the staff, a winner has already been pre-determined. Meanwhile, as Ben contends with catering to Eli's needs, he must also keep the rest of the employees from being distracted by the fake contest and get the arena ready in time for Eli's performance-
    Watch Mr. Sunshine Season 1 Episode 1 and Episode 2 - Employee of the Year
    @ http://latests-tvshow.blogspot.com

Peterb3291

[9]Feb 11, 2011
    There's potential in the show I laughed a couple times. But keep in mind a majority of Pilots suck, and it takes sometimes for shows to find there stride.

stui8

[10]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 30

The Pilot was ok and i liked it but, i don't really think it has much of a plot. So, i hope it gets better!

haldrey

[11]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 22
    There is potential but although the second episode was better than the pilot it requires much more. Among other things give more air time to LeSure.

HycoCam

[12]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 4

I'm with SkiDoo--was there something funny in the pilot? I'm a little behind the times and just watched the Raising Hope pilot on the same night I watched Mr. Sunshine's first episode. Raising Hope had my wife and I amused the entire episode. Conversely, Mr. Sunshine was so devoid of any entertainment, it was tough to watch the whole episode. Only notable thing in Mr Sunshine was how old Matthew Perry is looking--he needs to do something with those eye bags...

tjaman

[13]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 32
    There were ax-wielding clowns, which when combined with a freak-out in the middle of a multi-ethnic babble of adorable children was at least /kind/ of funny. Also, the search for a small white tablet with Spanish on it she might have already taken, and this week, when for no reason ever explained to us or her, she glued her fingers together. "Why are my fingers glued together?"

For those not laughing, age isn't the be-all and end-all of what's relatable in terms of comedy. I find Allison Janney just sitting there to be a hoot. That and some people need a laughtrack or they really don't get it. Which is weird, because "Two and a Half Men" is improbably popular and has a laughtrack like there's a gas leak in the studio and I don't find /that/ to be funny at all. :\

waverley

[15]Feb 23, 2011

haldrey wrote:
    There is potential but although the second episode was better than the pilot it requires much more. Among other things give more air time to LeSure.

I agree about James LeSure ! I loved him as Mike in Las Vegas and I was so happy to see him on a new show ... I just wish it was a better show. I also love Allison Janney, but these two will not save this show. Matthew Perry is sooo bad. I don't know what it is about him now, but he is awful just like he was on Studio 60. He was my absolute favorite on Friends, so i'm really sad about it.

I might watch one more eppy and see how it goes ...

moatilliatta85

[16]Feb 24, 2011
    • level: 6

waverley wrote:

Matthew Perry is sooo bad. I don't know what it is about him now, but he is awful just like he was on Studio 60. He was my absolute favorite on Friends, so i'm really sad about it.

I might watch one more eppy and see how it goes ...

Wow... you just said that he was bad on Studio 60. I watched that show mainly because of him, and then I realized it was a good show, period.

This was the same story. I started watching because of him and then -lo and behold- found the show to be hilarious. I think it's just the type of humor that puts off some people. While some people LOVE The Office, they don't care much for 30 Rock, and I agree that it's different types of humor but I like them both, as I like this.

myc4971

[17]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 5

I'm really starting to like this show! The first two episodes were kinda dull but it's beginning to pick up the pace and deliver solid laughs. I hope it gets through the season without being cancelled!

Matthew Perry deserves a great break after "Friends".

kopeckee

[18]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 20
    i dont think it gets to season 2

Ingelief

[19]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 7

kopeckee wrote:
    i dont think it gets to season 2

I watched 6 episodes now and i dont know. I really like matthey perry so i started to watch for him.. I is ok but a little boring because crystal is just to fake there is no woman like that on that posistion i know its a show but i hate her to much. I also find matthew really like chandler and i know he did want to get rid of that but when i watch i stil see chandler same moves faces and kind of same humor...

the humor about he doest care and then cares was really good... roman hes also potential as hase the couple.. and heather

but crystal ruines it for me

Writerpatrick

[20]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 13
    The ratings are marginal right now so it could go either way. Wednesday's episode actually rose in the ratings so it might be picking up a following, although that's likely due to repeats on the other networks. But considering this is the first year for the show it really needs to be doing better if it hopes to get picked up, especially when you consider that most shows tend to loose viewers over the summer.