MTV Cribs

MTV - Music Television (ended 2008)

MTV Cribs Fan Reviews (36)

• Awful.

Cribs is nothing more than celebrities showing off their houses and constantly rubbing in people's faces how they're rich and poor people aren't. Now I know what you're going to ask, is that it? Well, unfortunately, yes, that's all there is to it. This is nothing but more time filler for MTV. Nobody wants to view this junk, if I wanted to see rich people's houses, I would look them up on Google Images instead of wasting my time on a pointless show were people make fun of the poor because they're not rich. This show is pointless from the start to the finish, and I am glad it's gone. MTV really needs to stop producing reality shows. Last time I checked, this was a music channel, not a reality channel.
  • How to spend money on crap

4.5
    When there are people starving to death and homeless. But enough with my cynical side. I do enjoy to see how the other half lives.
  • It's really nice for superstars to be tv stars too...

What a neat concept for a show! To find a celebrity who is comfortably being even more stalked by showing off his amazing house to the world. Like, I feel really bad for these homeowners but I love them for having taste in making their house extra unique from civilians and from another superstar. You'll get great ideas for home decor and have some laughs at it too!
  • Another show where rich people are constantly in your face saying they are better than us

This show is just flat put pointless and is just more time filler for MTV since they went and did reality shows all the time. All this show is about is just rich people or celebrities showing off their houses and rub it in that they are better than everyone else. If I wanted to see the house of a rich person, then I would do Google images on a person's house, not see the rich have so much fun and mock the poor for not being rich. This show was just unneeded garbage that just again focuses on the rich and pretty much says, "Ha, Ha! I'm rich and you aren't!" I am glad this show is over and done with. MTV, please go back to shows like Beavis and Butthead and Celebrity Death Match.
  • Appalling

Wow, so ok this show is about people touring the houses of celebrities. That's it. I mean if I wanted to think about a rich celebrities house, I'd go on the internet and see the ****** brag about his house, not waste a good hour of my life watching it. This show was one of the reasons MTV went downhill, and it sure isn't seeing an upturn anytime soon. Maybe it's just because I like a conflict or a plot in my programs, and that's why I absolutly despise this show (sorry, uneducating program) Avoid like the plague. 0/10 F-
  • People can see celebs houses.

Cribs was an interesting, great show. People could see celebrities' houses, such as Nelly, Sean Kingston, or Bow Wow. It was pretty cool to see what was inside their houses, see what's inside their fridge, and their cars.

What ever house it is, you can keep from saying wow. They would have huge backyards with gigantic pools, or even a bathroom with a music player built into the shower. (just playin' with ya! but maybe...)

It was just really amazing to see what everyone had because it'd always be some thing mind-blowing.

Well, I gotta go! Need to do more reviews! DaftPunkLover out!
  • We get it, your house is better then mine

6.2
    Cribz was interesting for about 5 episodes, then it just got boring because every single house is the same. a pool, 10 cars, a nice view from your backyard, a big bed, 3 kitchens, a huge flat screen and 4 bathrooms! God your house is friggin huge! After that i could care less about what a celebritys house looks like. Sometimes i'm angry cause really how the hell did they get all that! i mean come on.... and they always have a fridge with so many of there favorite foods. it just got annoying after season 1. and they always say something about there bed which refers to ***.
  • Great show! Makes me feel poor though!

6.9
    Again, this show is exactly what I put as the summary! it is a really great show but it makes me feel extremely poor! I love the different AWESOME homes that they have on this show it is just so cool! I wish I had half of what some of those stars had! really, the other part that I really like about this show is that it is great because they don't only have some stars that no one likes and who are dead, but they have stars that are at the peak of their carrier and it is just awesome to see what people have become from nothing and stuff like that. This is an awesome show and I hope I can see more cribs in the future!
  • This show brings me down!!!

2.2
    It's funny, because every time I watch this show it gets me so mad. But I every time it comes on I always watch it. I get mad because I get so jelous about things that all these celebrities have this great and expensive. I think when people watch this show there just torturing themselfs. It's kinda like the show is like rubbing it in our faces. Am I the only one who thinks this? Who would want to watch something that makes you feel so poor and I hopeless. It makes me feel this way everytime I watch it. But I have know idea why I watch it. It's weird!!!
  • rhetorical question - - > i want to know who thought of this show

5.1
    rhetorical question - - > i want to know who thought of this show < - - I dont HATE it i dont LOVE it but its like... what the hell. not a rhetorical question --> what is the point of this show??? its interesting to see what some poeple buy with the millions and millions a dallors they have but what do i get out of all this? nothing but a headache because i'm madd because i can not affort all that stuff.

you know what would make this show good? if they do MTV KribbZz with 3 celeb's and after the show, wait about 6 months to a year and MTV can just raid the Celebs house and take every d*mn thing and watch the Celeb's reaction when they come home... and no the Celebs dont get they stuff back
  • Life Style of the Rich and Famous, Part Deux.

1.5
    Except there is no Robin Leach, caviar and champagne wishes and whatever that British twit used to say (why was that guy famous again?) - and in the case of this show its mostly rappers, rock stars and people who are famous for being born rich. I mean, who really cares if some rapper has a basketball hoop inside his house, 20 televisions and bling all over the place? Whats the point in watching this? What do you get out of it? NOTHING. Shows like this are as bad as watching a test pattern at 3am.

MTV and VH-1 went off the rails back in the mid 90s when they started airing so called reality shows more often than music videos; theyve been a mess ever since.
  • i don´t get it they have a cool a house they are rich soo what! we have more important things in live like love, family and friends !

1.1
    i don´t get it they have a cool a house they are rich soo what we are more important things in live like love, family and friends DAMMM! It´s just to say "hey we have a great house we are rich famous and we have too much power!" I have to admit that is little bit cool see his huge houses but is not my style i like other things. When the show begins im going to internet ch, write in tv show.Who likes, likes i will am not disagree that is a cool but not my style.! just to finish have a good day or nigth!
  • Cool houses.

I like the idea of how they show a bunch of Celebities houses and they all look very cool.This show is so cool and those houses are very cool to of what I saw.It's very cool of how they have Pools,Basketball courts,Movie theaters and other things that are way very cool.MTV had done a good idea like how they made Sucker Free and it's other good shows.It's better to put it on here than putting it on that dreadful VH1.I have a grade for this show and I grade it a A because it's a very best good perfect show.
  • Awesome, I get to see other people's houses!! Great show MTV, 10/10.

Well, I get to see celebs houses! Big, small, hot, not, wicked, cool. I don't get busted trying to find out the secrets inside their home. Wow. MTV Cribs has it. Bow Wow, Shaq O Neal, Snoop Dog. Yep, great. I watch it everytime I get to. I see mansions, old style homes, sweet rides, chefs, even a look at the whole family!! Well, MTV Cribs is your source for a great informative view of any celebs house, and you see better cribs every time!! 10/10, AWESOME, I can't wait to see more! Private helicopters, indoor or outdoor gigantic pools, is just AMAZING!
  • WHy i love this show.

I love this show for 1 reason. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big. the houses on this show are awsome and big.
  • This is probably the best show on MTV

Who ever thought of this was a complete genius! I always was curious of how celebrities homes look like inside and out. its fun when you get to see their cool little nick nacks like Poster and gum ball machines. looking at there room can kinda give a hint of their personality and who they really are. This show also gives you a good idea for what you want when you get rich :P... I want work out room with a 60 inch LCD TV with Subs built in the walls. My own personly Theater room with a popcorn maker. and last but not least... a party room with rave lights and disco balls + blizzards tables and stripper pools. ya this show boosts your creativity by 300%
  • Show which celebrities invite you in and give a tour of there homes.

For me this show is okay ive seen a few not really a show you could watch all the time just on occasions. The good thing about the show is how you can compare celebrities homes with other celebrities homes and you even get to see there rides so thats a plus. Another good thing is how they show you everything around there living area including gardens and games rooms some even have antiques from other past famous people the best thing is just generally getting to the the taste of the famous people you like a decent show which is good to watch one offs.
  • I have a new name for this show. Lets' call it "I'm Rich & Your Not & I'm Gonna Rub it in your Freakin face"

1.4
    "I'm Rich & Your Not & I'm Gonna Rub it in your Freakin face"

That's my new name for this show. High profile stars, who live in their own world, completely oblivious to what the rest of us have to put up with on a day to day basis rub their wealth and privilege in our faces, as they show us what they want us to believe is a typical day at the house.
  • This is an awesome show if you love to look at houses and see famous people....U need to wwatch this show i am telling you to know!!!!!!!!!

this show is the best you need to watch it it has everything famous people rich people and it even shows you somee nice houses because these people have style!! ow listen to me watch this show next time it is on and yea i kno u will like this show!
  • No idea why I even like this show....

I say it's a decent show because it really is quite bad but I love watching it! See how the rich and famous live, see what I can aspire to... see how niceli pimped out celebrities houses and cars are... what's not to enjoy? Ok yes, it does make you wonder why on earth we can't all have houses, cars, pets, swimming pools, jacuzzies, holiday villas and everything else these people have but it is life at the end of the day! And when you see someone you have heard of on this show it is really fun to watch... I can't say why because I honestly don't know...
  • Awesome show !

I watch MTV all the time and I love to watch this show. It shows you the homes of famous celebrities like Snoop Dogg, Shaquille O'Neal, Russel and Kimora Lee Simmons and more ! You get to see your favorite celebrities as they give you a tour of where they live, tell you about their hobbies, and other things. Some celebrities have great taste in decorating, too. The only flaw about the show is you might get a little jealous about the stuff that they have. But it's still a damn good show. I hope in a new episode that they show Lebron James or Jay-Z's house, that would be awesome.
  • I guess MTV thought of it. Amazing show.

This is an amazing show that shows many celebritiesi houses. Every house they show is neat and just amazing to see. Who would know that you could see such cool homes? Like a lot of great MTV shows, Cribs brings the cool to T.V. Deffinatley check it out some time, if you want to see something you haven't seen before.
  • The only reason to watch is to be a voyeur

6.6
    Lifestyles of the rich and famous look out; there's a new sneak peek into celebrities lives, and sometimes it's downright scary how opulent, or dingy their homes are. When you see the people whose homes they're going to showcase, you realize what their home will look like. It's amazing how similar most rock stars homes look inside, vs. a major athelete like Shaq-he'll def have a lot of monochromatic colors, high ceilings, and electronic gadgets. You learn a lot about celebrities, but most importantly that they're no better than or different than those of us who aren't.
  • A good MTV show.

This show is probably classified as a reality show, but it's more of a documentary MTV style. It's a good show, even though the only take a peek at the mansions of celebrities, that's a cool thing. It's a real spectacle to watch the celebrities showing off their mansions, their cool gadgets and cool rides. It's something to look at, this show uses a very simple concept, and yet it excels in every conceivable way. Good work MTV. This show is highly recommended, it's not a trashy reality show like the Ashlee simpson show or the newlyweds. This show really makes sense.
  • New cribs episode.

There is going to be a new Mtv Cribs on tonight (July,30) it is going to be there 100th episode. They are going to have there first animated Crib featuring the Gorillaz. You can watch parts of it and also see what there is going to be this season on mtv.com the parts of the episode will be on overdrive and so will the sneak peak of the season. This should be a great new season of Mtv Cribs sence they have not done episodes in a while. The 100th episode will be aired on July 30 at 10 pm central time and if your not central time u can always look at the tv schedule on mtv.com hope u enjoy the show.
  • See the homesteads of big entertainers.

This show is one of the most fascinating studies of people, as well as funny looks into what imaginations will do given large heaps of money.

Every show brings you the unique personality of the home owner in question. Rap artist Redman keeps his sneakers in a box on top of the fridge. Plenty of other people build sport courts in the backyard, get pools big enough for an entire beach resort and gold plate the heck out of everything. I don't blame them. It's just fun to watch.

It also lets you know how normal people can still be even after they make it big: for every fancy car, there's a bunch of microwave food boxes in the freezer, and a stash of video games in the bedroom for the kids.

It's like going on vacation without leaving home.
  • Good enough

I watch MTV all the time and I love to watch this show. It shows you the homes of famous celebrities like Snoop Dogg, Shaquille O'Neal, Russel Simmons and more ! You get to see your favorite celebrities as they give you a tour of where they live, tell you about their hobbies, and other things. Some celebrities have great taste in decorating, too. The only flaw about the show is you might get a little jealous about the stuff that they have. But it's still a damn good show. I'm really hoping they have an episode with Eminem and 50 Cent...

• One of the most retarded shows I've seen

1.1
    I saw part of an episode and wow it was boring. Is this what people like to see? How rich other people are? Is this even supposed to be entertaining? It's not funny, it's not action-packed, there's no story, there's nothing. If you like this show think about this...what do you like? Do you find it fascinating that some guy has a huge room? Wow DON'T WATCH THIS.
  • Great Show! Watch it!!!!

This show is Great!! I really just love to see how the celebs live on cloud 9. The one thing I hate about celebrities is that they don't appriciate what they have. I mean comon Tony! Only cooked on your outdoor cooking range one time! haha. This is really a great show.
  • Fun show, but the excesses can get to you.

This definitely is a guilty pleasure of mine. There really isn't any reason for me to watch this show other than to oogle at what the rich and famous own. Maybe it is my way of living vicariously through them the extravagant livestyles they all seem to lead.

However, sometimes the excesses do get to be too much for me. I am always bowled over when I see the floor sized closets (or what should be floor sized closets) of clothes and especially shoes. I think the worst was Mariah Carey's large closet of nighties that were all the same. I could not see any purpose or pleasure out of that.

I will have to say that one of my favorite segments was not of someone living in excess, but someone who stayed near his roots. This was Redman's segment in his middle class house that looked like it was lived in, not overtly dolled up by some designer like the others. It looked like somewhere I would be living, well my husband would be living if he were single. Still, it was down to Earth and it really did look like Redman enjoyed where he was living, not just putting a smiley face on the camera.
< 1 2