MTV Exposed

Monday 6:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Dec 03, 2006 Between Seasons

MTV Exposed Fan Reviews (12)

7.4
  • This "show" was obviously created to fool drone couch potatoes into watching an 30-minute advertisement.

1.2
    First, it is obvious that all of the people on this show are fake. These are not real dates. The entire episode is scripted. Think about it: nobody acts or talks like that on a real date. Second, count how many times a brand name is mentioned. I challenge you to watch the show with a piece of paper and write down every time it happens. Same goes with visual product placement too. You will be surprised by how many times you notice it when you're actually looking for it. And in addition to mentioning specific brand names, the actors also play to the young audience's insecurities, such as a recent episode I watched in which the two rival "women" were exchanging stabs like "I forgot to bring diet pills for you" and "I think you forgot to bring your breasts." Oh, by the way, advertisers need teenagers to feel insecure in order to sell them things they don't need. Seriously, if you care about the well-being of your brain, quit watching MTV and go watch C-span.