Sunday 9:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

It's nearing the end of August. Students are returning to school, everyone's gearing up for the upcoming football season, and MTV is hosting its annual Video Music Awards.

I know you might have forgotten about them because MTV stopped being solely about music videos years ago—now it's all about good looking werewolves and stuff—but MTV hasn't forgotten their roots, and we want you to know everything there is about this year's awards show, which will be broadcast live from Brooklyn Sunday August 25 at 9pm.

So, gather your Moon Men, because here we go:

1. There's a livestream for anyone who can't watch the telecast on their TVs, or for anyone who has forgotten what a TV actually is. And get this: it's already live. Granted, there's not always a lot going on—as I write this it's just a bunch of strangers walking around outside in the rain in New York—but there's actual programming, too. So if that's your thing, then this livestream is for you.

2. Although voting has closed for most of the categories, you can still vote in two of them: The Artist to Watch (Austin Mahone "What About Love," Iggy Azalea "Work," The Weeknd "Wicked Games," twenty one pilots "Holding On To You," and Zedd featuring Foxes "Clarity") and Best Song of the Summer (One Direction "Best Song Ever," Miley Cyrus "We Can't Stop," Selena Gomez "Come and Get It," Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell "Blurred Lines," Daft Punk "Get Lucky," and Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding "I Need Your Love"). What are you waiting for? Go vote!

3. For every category, including those that have already closed, we've created polls so you can tell us how you voted / would have voted in those categories:

Best Hip-Hop Video
Best Video w/ a Social Message
Video of the Year
Best Cinematography
Best Visual Effects

Artist to Watch

4. Lady Gaga will open the show with her new single "Applause." Also performing on Sunday is Drake, who will perform his VMA-nominated single “Started from the Bottom” for the first time on live television. Bruno Mars and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will also take the stage.

5. The show will be live-gif'd via MTV's Tumblr. Everybody loves GIFs!

6. The MTV Video Music Awards hour-long pre-show will begin promptly at 8pm on Sunday and will feature performances by newbies Austin Mahone and Ariana Grande.

7. 'N Sync might be reuniting at this year's awards? Lance Bass addressed the rumors that started flying earlier this week on his radio show, but he never really came right out and said that the reunion wasn't happening. My guess is that they won't be performing, but they'll be there to support Justin as he picks up the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.

8. MTV's Social Radar tracks all the activity surrounding the VMAs on Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Facebook and even MTV.com and puts it in one spot for easy access. It includes tweets and photos from the artists themselves, and from fans, too.

9. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, we'll be bringing you up-to-date information, videos, polls, etc. right here before, during, and after the VMAs this Sunday. So bookmark the community for easy access.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 1 : Episode 31

4 Comments
Follow this Show
Members