MTV's The '70s House

MTV - Music Television (ended 2005)

MTV's The '70s House Fan Reviews (21)

• its pretty much just a competition of who can be the most 70's. physical ability doesnt count.

well the whole physical ability thing not counting really made it pointless. this show was a waste of time during the summer at best. mtv has got to put stuff on during the summer that people enjoy watching, like last years the assistant. that was a good show. the 70's house could have been better in a lot of different ways.
  • saw the preview but that it would be a waste a time, but proved me wrong.

i didnt think i would enjoy this show but i have to say that i did. 12 kids from different states were taken from the 2005 and were brought to the 1970s. week after week, kids were eliminated for being the least 70s. every week's challenge had to do with the 70s. one episode there were non-70s items planted around the house and when the kids saw them, the items looked foreign. there were some instances when the kids would slip and mention something that didnt exist in the 70s and it jeopardizes them. they risked themselves and were sent to the elimination round and battle. the one who wins are able to come back to the house. the show is now over. now i wonder will there another season of this show. i guess we have to wait to find out.
  • But im glad it was there, because it was good summer fun! I ena alll my favourite shows were on season breaks and I seriosuly had nothing to watch, so atleast there was somethig to watch in summer otherwise I would have been a bored bunny, I need a life!!

• Interesting Show

My husband and I really enjoyed this show. We thought it was funny and amuzing. It is interesting to see how the teens from the 2000s interact in their 1970s setting. The contests that they had were both stupid and funny. The finale was the most interesting because it took the final two contestants through a series of games from the 1970s. I hope this show is brought back for another season.
  • The show is ok

7.9
    The show is pretty good it's not one of my favorite shows but it is interesting. The concept is good. Reality with people from the 2000's go into the 70's where there were almost no electronics is well thought out. The characters are really cool because they all have their own personalities which always makes the show interesting. I would say it's a combo of The Brady Bunch and The Real World. If you like them both then this would be a good show.
  • This is a show that takes you back to the 70's! Its reality but hilarious!

I love this show.. i think that ashley is a little conceited! she thinks of herself as one of the best looking girls in the house. that is just stupid! i mean you can think that but you can't say that!! Anyways the guys that are left in the house are really cute!! i love them all!!! Andrew, and Corey are really cute!!!
  • Not much substance there,but entertaining.

This show really surprised me.I watched the first episode expecting it to really suck...but it didn't.I mean,it's not even close to as good as Big Brother or Amazing Race,but it's very entertaining to watch,and most of the cast are very funny and interesting.Try it out if you have nothing better to watch.
  • This is a show I won't miss once it ends

'MTV's The 70's House' takes reality shows to a new low. While it is fun to watch, I have to believe this show was written by a bunch a high school teenagers as it just so stupid.
    As someone who grew up during the 70's I have to wonder what these people are on as much of time 'DAWN' herself is not true to the 70's wearing garments and using lingo from the 80's and up.
    It is also very depressing to realize that most people in the house must have flunked history class. While I did not grow up in during the 40's and 50's, I do know who was president during those times.
    This is one show that will I will continue to watch it, I will not miss it once the finally pull the plug.
  • This show it just so great!!!

This show is just so great!!! How do people come up with shows like this? It is really funny and totally origional. . . I actually feel bad for the people some times. . . The things they have to do are unbelievable. . . I could never have done that stuff they had to do. . . It's just a really funny show. . .
  • MTV's The 70's Show takes a group of 12 kids to live in a real 70's world-house to compete in 70's games for outrageous winning items & acsessories!

When I first caught this show on air, it was the "Car Wash" episode. To my interest, I saw the gang washing a load of cars while doing some hardcore 70's dancing. I thought, "GROOVY!". What other excuse to watch this show than to catch a glimpse of those gorgeous guys in tight 70's clothing! It is unintentionally funny as the gang also has to try and talk the lingo without slipping some 2000's in their daily life at the 70's house. I give this show a grade A+ with high hopes for its future!
  • I LOVE IT!

I love this show soo much! Its such a creative idea! I would like to talk to the person that thought of the idea. It's really entertaining and I look forward to watchin it every tuesday at 9:30 central! The people that they cast to be contestants were perfect! I love Joey. His smile makes me melt!
  • The Worst Television/Reality Show of All Time.

0.0
    Its official. Reality shows have gone too far. This show is the dumbest, most pointless half hour of televison ive ever seen. MTV already has 955 billion other reality shows. Then they add this horrible excuse for a reality show to the 10 spot? Wow. MTV is going to downhill.
  • Fun to watch if your bored...

I started watching this show not from a blank slate, but after having alreday seen countless reality shows i came to this expecting much of what I saw. While the show has a great concept to start with the execution needs some work along with the contests they have to perform. I'd rather see them play a close game of dodgeball against each other than get slaughtered by wrestlers. It wasn't fun to watch. "Gee i wonder whose gonna win?" If sum1 took a close look at this show and asked what they could do to make it better it could be a real good show.
  • '70s House is about 12 kids from the 2000's that come to live there dayly lives in the '70s. Not only do they have to live in a'70s house,they also have to talk the talk and walk the walk(in this case it's doing the hustle randomly through out the day)

This show is HILARIOUS! I watch it every chance I get just to see then make complete idiots of themselves. It's fun to watch people from our time try to live how people used to live in the '70s. But I think the best part would have to be the Hustle. I end up rolling on the floor in laughter every time they have to drop everything and dance! Especialy when there asleep first. It's also fun to watch all the challenges that they have to do, and then watch them suffer over the "groovy" prizes that the winning team has won. This is one realy COOL show and I hope it stays around for a long time. Atleast longer than the '70s.
  • Put together a group of modern-day kids and a house from the 70s, complete from the decor of the era, products used and whatnot and most importantly, the clothes and what do you get? The '70s House!

This show is the coolest, and possibly the best reality show ever done by MTV besides Laguna Beach, My Super Sweet Sixteen, The Real World, and Road Rules! You have a group of kids living together in a house from the 1970s and they have to spend every hour acting and dressing, even talking as if they were from the '70s! The challenges Oscar and Dawn have them do are just out of this world! It's funny how they go against people from THIS era! I hope they come back for another season and possibly have spin-offs from different decades. Which, imho, would be cool!

Oh, and a note to MTV, if you ever do The '40s House, I'll probably send in a tape since I love the 40s!
  • This show is groovy! And Dawn's Dreamy!

I really was not planning on watching this, but I like to give everything a chance before dismissing it (especially in the summer when there's pretty much nothing new and exciting on - outside of SciFi and USA). Anyway, this show is hilarious. Watching teens of the "me" generation wearing '70s gear and dropping everything to do "The Hustle" everytime the song plays is too damn funny! And not only are these kids embarrassed in front of each other, but they send them out to compete in modern contests while stayings totally '70s.

PS - The Hostess Dawn is eye candy in her somehow sexy '70s gear. She's Dreamy!
  • Crazy cool 70's house with a bunch of kids from 2005 (present) go on a time warp to the 70s.

I think this show is somewhat bizarre but it's cool with the whole Oscar guy like Charlie from Charlie's Angels. Doing the hustle seems annoying if it was me, I would break the radio set from where all of them are coming from because that would be annoying. I feel bad for them that they have to wear those dorky clothes but to make the long story short, it's great.

• The 70's - try as they might - can't touch this! .....Still, it's fun to see how they try .....

Having been there, done that, I watch this show and see some blatant exaggerations, little mistakes. Some of the so-called 70's sayings are pretty much for movies and these t.v. shows only. We didn't really talk that way. We might have actually been worse. The microphone and the oozing cheese of the talk show host is pretty authentic, but the exaggeration is the mix of colors that don't match. We matched. We might have been bright and bold and psychadelic, but we wouldn't have been caught on the downward spin of a Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds journey in that suit.
    And someone needs to teach everyone how The Hustle was really done. We could take up a whole dance floor with the actual steps. It was more 'sideways' than front 'n back, but hey, this is t.v..
    For the most part it's all pretty true to form, from the shag rug to the telephones. Hope they remember the "rake" on the Kirby (um, that's a tool that actually looked like a rake that attached to the front of the vacuum cleaner and pulled the shag upright after vacuuming it; kind of like spiking your hair).
    Watching the faces of these kids when they entered the house was priceless. You could tell what part they had in mind to play, from troubled and tough 'road rules' member to studly 'Survivor-type' show castaway. Sweet and innocent is suddenly stunned and ignorant (that's not always a bad thing). To these kids, the 1970's is something as real as Santa Claus, or maybe Hippies. They've heard about it, read about it and maybe imagine what it was, is or could be...but those who lived it, well, we hardly recognize it anymore because of the spin, the movies, the t.v. shows. I knew my time had 'gone' when one Halloween, I answered the door to see what could have been me standing there 30 (or so) years ago and I asked, "What are you supposed to be?" to which the 10 year old with her similarly dressed group replied, "We're HIPPIES!". I passed out double servings of candy bars and said, to no one interested, "I was a hippie".
    Huh. Now people are interested.
    I can't wait to see how this series plays out.
    (OH, and by the way, we had plenty of fondue dinner parties and none of them involved a pot of cheese. We'd have chunks of steak sizzling in pots of oil and dipping sauces were what made it unique. Cheese fondues were more for cocktail parties, right next to chocolate fondues with strawberries, chunks of pineapple and anything else we could stick on a stick). So there's the facts on fondue.
  • It Rocks!

So far the 70\'s house is awesome. It takes a bunch of people and puts them into the 70s. It is really funny. And is it just me or is Dawn hot??? Well what i\'m trying to say is that if MTV cuts it off the air i will storm into their studio and slit all of their throats... just kidding. it is a great sho tho and i recomend it to anyone.
  • these kids from the year 2005 get stuck in the 70's. what would you do if you were stuck back in the time before they even had cell phones?

this show is awesome. it's really funny to see these poor kids have everything taken away from them. and they have to do the hustle, eat fondoo (sp?), and play pong. there's no CD players, no cell phones, and they have to use the 70's lingo i love this show.