Mucha Lucha!

The WB (ended 2005)

Rtkat3

Mucha Lucha! Fan Reviews (55)

• It was a decent and entertaining WB cartoon at first.

5.5
    Mucha Lucha was a cartoon that premiered on WB when I was probably 11 or 12. I remember back then that I liked it okay. In fact I would always tune in to watch new episodes of it on Saturday mornings. What do I think of Mucha Lucha today? Well... it's got some interesting characters and their powers are kinda... unique. But also, it might be more controversial then I had realized.

I don't know, I kind of have the feeling that for some people, this show might be a little stereotypical, if not slightly racist, with it's portrayal of Mexico, and the Lucha Libre lifestyle. Especially considering that no one in the show ever removes their mask, even outside of the ring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Luchadors don't walk around on the streets still wearing their masks. Then again, that might just be a comedic aspect of the show, and I might just be reading into it too much. Me personally, I don't think it's really that offensive to Mexican culture. If anything, my problems with Mucha Lucha stem from the fact that after the first season, it just got dull.

Though I do really like the opening theme. I also like some of the characters. Rikochet and Buena Girl are really cool, as they best represent the honor and tradition of masked-wrestling. Headmistress is pretty funny, even if she's just a typical angry headmistress. But I think my favorite character is El Ray the action figure. He's so funny, and I always wondered how the heck he can talk to Rikochet. However, I have to be honest and say that The Flea was unbearable in this show. Most of the humor that seemed to stem from him was gross humor, not to mention he can be kinda selfish. In fact, a lot of the humor in Mucha Lucha was gross, which I'm not particularly a fan of.

So yeah, the first season was pretty good, and for the most part Mucha Lucha does follow the spirit of Lucha Libre (except for the bizzare powers). However, with the uncomfortable notions of possible racism, Flea being annoying, many plots being ridiculous, and a lot of gross humor, I can't really say I like it anymore. But it's not a completely bad show, just sort of a mixed-bag. If your curious, then I say check Mucha Lucha out and judge for yourself.
  • lol this

esta loca
  • Pretty awesome.

This was a pretty awesome cartoon.
  • Racism? I think so.

This is somewhat a disgrace to mexicans, depicting their culture incorrectly. It's crap in anyways. The plot sucks, characters' personality are crap, and actors act in the wrong place! Overall, it's terrible.
  • I think Mucha Lucha is great!

I think it's an awesome show, and it brings me back to my childhood. I don't know why everyone thinks it's crap I think it's really good. the animation may not be the best, but come on, this is a mexican themed cartoon! there is a difference between mexi-themed show and american-themed shows you know! Most people find this show an insult to mexican people, but seriously, I'm 100% mexi, and I don't find this show the least bit offensive! But okay I'll admit, the plot line in some episodes COULD have been better, and I would have liked to see more wrestling, but other than that, I think Mucha Lucha is the best cartoon ever!

I don't know why they stopped making it, cuz' the cartoons on cartoonetwork aren't getting any better. Regular Show? Amazing World of Gumball? Thunder Cats? Almost Naked Animals?

I don't even know WHAT was going their heads when thay made Secret Mountain Fort Awesome or Probelm Solverz! Those shows give me the creeps!

I think it's really cool how the the kids can turn into random objects to help them win the match. Like in one episode, it was Rikochet vs Minotauro, and Ricochet turned into steak sause and Minotauro turned into a steak. FUNNY! Most people think it's weird, but COME ON PEOPLE! It's a freaking cartoon! ANYTHING can happen in cartoons!

I like how no one removes their mask, that just makes the series more interesting.

in conclusion, Mucha Lucha is an awesome show, and I'd like to see it back on T.V. cuz' the last time I saw an episode, I was 4 and visiting my family in Mexico.

K now, bye!
  • I think Mucha Lucha is a pretty good flash cartoon.

Mucha Lucha is a flash cartoon that have mask wrestling and the actions of the show is very interesting and I loved the humor the show like the mask wrestlers turning into inamite objects and humorous lines from the show and I don\'t really get why people hates this show much.Maybe because the people who hates this show only watched Mucha Lucha for 2 seconds and thinks the animation is horrible.Just because the animation is horrible that doesn\'t mean you have to hate it,and I like how the mask wrestlers have their own theme like for example a mask wrestler named \"Zero Kelvin\" shivers during role call and I think that plots are pretty humorous and I think Mucha Lucha is the best flash show in my opinion.

No offense but I feel like people who thinks Mucha Lucha is racist only saw it for a microsecond since I found no racism in there.
  • Apalling

This show is about a group of mexican friends who go to a mexican wrestling school, where they face many challenges on they're way to graduation. Now on paper (and more importantly on your tv guide) the concept doesn't sound too bad, but once we actually get to an episode, it's an apalling disjointed mess. Firstly, apparently mexican figurines can talk and give advice and stuff. boring. secondly, it's the exact same thing every episode: They learn a new move, fight something, fail to use the new move properly, and then make a comeback. boring. So in my opinion, this show is boring, apalling, and sterotypical of mexicans in general. 0/10 F-
  • An insult to fans of Mexican Wrestling everywhere

1.5
    To be honest, seeing promos of Mucha Lucha made it look promising. The show was about three friends who go to a school about masked wrestling and fight for honor, family, tradition, and for some reason doughnuts. They also face dangers from within the school and go on adventures to prove themselves as the best wrestlers ever. Maybe the show sounds OK on paper and not too bad, but once again looks are deceiving and this show proves that fact again. The characters on this show are all terrible and generic. Ricochet is just a standard kid who wants to be the best and wants to do things right. Buena Girl is just a typical goody two shoes and smart girl. The Flea is just a run of the mill slob and is filthy, and to be fair he is the only decent character on this show and managed to make me laugh here and there.. The principal is generic tough person who rules the school by fear, and it just keeps on going. I also find it stupid that this show portrays Mexico as nothing but masked wrestling lunatics and consider it a God. There is also stereotypical Mexican areas and everyone is a Mexican stereotype. I also have to point out that for someone who fights for Honor, Ricochet somehow always screws up and gets into more trouble. Also if Buena Girl is so smart, how come in one episode where Ricochet lost his mask that she couldn't tell the difference between a mask and the mailbox Ricochet was wearing? Speaking of the masks, why is removing it so taboo? We never learn why removing your mask is bad and they never bother explaining it at all. We are supposed to accept it with no questions asked at all. Also why is Doughnuts somehow part of Mexican wrestling tradition? Where do doughnuts or any food have to do with wrestling, Mexican or not? Once again, never explained. The artwork is OK, but why do most of the characters have humongous heads that look like eggs or ovals? As for the animation, it's horrible in every way. It's really stiff, there are barely movements to the characters, and it is choppy most of the time. As for the plots, they are all boring. It's usually either the 3 heroes learning a life lesson, or facing a danger in or out of school. When the kids do the fighting moves, they do special moves that turn them into either a pinball, tractor, fly swatter, and so on. They come off really stupid, but at least they are creative, so I will give the show the benefit of the doubt. The humor is next to nonexistent in this show. I only got laughs from The Flea every now and then, but there was no other funny stuff in the show. This show may have worked as a wrestling cartoon, but stereotypes everywhere, bad jokes, boring stories, and logic that makes no sense ruins this show. This show has very little value at all, and even if you are a die hard wrestling fan, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this show.
  • 3 words: classic, cool, and cute!

If you wanna see a show see this one! It doesn't end bad and doesn't leave you ending up in a coma. The characters are loveable, the plotlines are amazing, the humor is great, and the movie must see it now! Here's the plot!:
    ¡Mucha Lucha! is an over-the-top comedy-adventure about honor, family, tradition... and donuts. The series explores the Latino cultural phenomenon known as "Lucha Libre." In a world where no one removes their colorful mask ever and success depends on having a "signature move," three mascaritas - Rikochet, Buena Girl and The Flea - study and live the "Code of Masked Wrestling" and go to school at the Formost World-Renowned International School of Lucha.
    This bold comedy combines irreverent humor and visually dynamic fantasy-action in two fast-paced 11-minute episodes and is the first-ever all-flash animated series on broadcast television.

Character Bios:
    Rikochet - The main Luchador of the show, Rikochet wants to be the school's greatest Luchador ever! He's master of the "Pulverzing Pinball" attack, as well as the "Spinning Top" and other attacks.

Buena Girl - Buena Girl's knowledge of the Code of Masked Wrestling is surpassed by none, giving her an edge in matches. Her special attack is "The Buena Bulldozer of Truth", and she stands for all things Buena.

The Flea - The Flea, Buena Girl, and Rikochet are like the three amigos, literally! But they call themselves the Three Mascaritas! The Flea is kind of the nasty one, the only things that can beat him are showers, killer masked toilets, and good hygiene! The Flea also refers to himself in the third-person perspective.

See that show is not that bad! It aired on Saturday, August 17, 2002 and it's still going strong! Don't listen to the hater's see it now!

Well bye!
  • Mucha Lucha? The should rename this show Mucha Poocha!

0.5
    Seriously, anyone who watches this dumb program must be crazy! Who wants to watch a show about a world of short wrestling kids that wear goofy masks and outfits and bash up each other up in a stupid wrestling school? Horrible animation, boring episodes and a yucky plot. Uggh! I hate this. I started watching it, I thought it was ok but then it got boring an too weird.
  • The best show on earth. It is a must watch. Ignore anyone who says different.

This is the coolest show on earth. If you never saw it or if you only watch five seconds of it , then you are missing out on a REALLY good show. This show follows the adventures of Rikochet, Buena Girl, and The Flea. These three go to The Formost World Renowned International School of Lucha. A Lot of other students go there, too. The music is also great. One of my favorite things about it is that the character design is just to cute. My favorite character is Minotoro. Another thing is that Rikochet and Buena Girl love each other. In the episode "Doomien" They are the Buena-Chet All Stars. Also The Flea is funny. He hates baths and liquid soap. If you haven't seen it yet, you must watch it. PLEASE DO!!!!
  • this show was complete crap i always hated it

who ever thought of this show should have been shot this show was gross stupid and plus annoying the voice acting was bad the animation was the storylines was bad it sucked all the characters were idiots the dialoge(if thats how you spell it) was bad plus buena was annoying annoying and stupid she could only say stuuf like its not right her voice hurts my ears richot was so stupid and a complete copy of strong bad from homestar runner i was happy the day it was cancelled why did cartoon network pull the plug on this crap plus the flea was completely racits he give mexicans a bad name plus everyone in this show was a complete a..hole this show was so wrong and stupid
  • I used to watch this a lot when i was younger, and i still catch it on Cartoon Network every now and then.

This show is one of those shows that no one really cared about, but everyone's heard about. I liked this show, with its original story and characters. It may not be the best show out there, but it was a fun show while it lasted. Ricochet, Buena Girl and the Flea are one of the best main characters i've ever seen in a show, Flea being my favorite of them all. The humor is fresh and is a good change from all these ****ing puns in the new shows. Each episode has some sort of original way of telling about the Mexican wrestling Lucha Libre, with new moves and characters and an awesome theme song, this show is one of those hidden treasures if your into something new and different. I will definitely watch this show if i see it on, as i enjoyed this show more than some of these newer cartoons that make fun of itself more than anything else.
  • It wasn't that bad of a show!

I don't see why people hate the show so bad the way they do. I didn't think it was bad show it wasn't the greatest but not the worst. I wouldn't say it was the greatest cartoon on the face of the planet earth but it is still an ok show. It was a fun show to watch for an half hour. When nothing else is on I would rather watch ¡Mucha Lucha! then My Gym parthner is a monkey. I just don't see why its so bad I guess I never will. But anyways I rate ¡Mucha Lucha! a 8.2.
  • Better than Shuriken School

¡Mucha Lucha! is a good cartoon .At least , it was more interesting that the PBS show of "Sagwa" and have some funny parts and likable characters . Also , it have many similarities with flash in the powers of rickisha and his enemies . The animation is good and combines computer flash graphics and traditional animation , and it looks well . The bad side of the show is that is a bit predictable . Some episodes follow the same line (Rickasha did something & want help from his friends to correct it a super -power and then beats the enemy ),but is a funny show . Also I think that was good the fact that ¡Mucha Lucha! should desire more credit on Boomerang, and it works perfectly . A good anime for the whole family and a good adaptation of a Flash cartoon
  • Mucha Lucha! is all about young kids want to grow up to be masked wrestlers and go to a school called, "The Formost World-Renouned International SChool of Lucha". The trio's names are Ricochet, Buena Girl, and The Flea. Adventure, comedy, and fun are here

I love this show. There are 2 things I can't beleive, though:
    1) People hate this show.
    2) Cartoon Network put it off X[

Can anyone tell me where i can see eps online???
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?? I really miss this show. For those who don't like the show, I recommend giving Mucha Lucha! another chance. This show has adventure, comedy, and fun. The Flea has to be my fav character, tying with Ricochet. I hope that someone could tell me where to watch Mucha Lucha! online. The episodes are funny and entertaining. Too bad it's off Cartoon Network AND Kids WB. I miss Mucha Lucha!!!
  • A show which is not only terrible, but stereotypes Mexican people!

Okay, I'll tell you the truth...this show stinks! It's kind of lame too. Ricochet is a blockhead and thinks he knows it all, Buena Girl somehow thinks she's queen of the wrestling world, and the Flea is just lame. Butt jokes aren't funny IMO! But the main difference between a good comedy and this is that this tries to be funny...but fails!

The animation is okay I guess, but animation isn't what makes a show good. and when since do all Mexicans wear masks and wrestle each other?!

I'd watch something better if I were you. Sorry, but this show gets a thumbs down from me.
  • This show is average.Once you go over the mexican style this show has been coated,you will see that this all has been done before

4.5
    This show is pretty decent.I dont hate it,but im not crazy about it either.OK,the mexican theme is pretty cool.The show is flash animated,but they did a very good job,i like the animation.The background music and theme are cool,i like latin music.The show has a good start.But then the problems appear.With the characters.Ok,the story is set around young boy named Rikochet and his 2 friends Buena Girl and Flea.They want to be mask wrestlers,and they go to school for masked wrestling.They live in a town,probably mexican,where most of the people,even babies waear masks.And they must obey the code of mask wresling.Ok,the plot is a bit strange,but original,and kinda cutting edge.The idea of a school where is allowed to fight really makes me chuckle.But,as i was saying,the problemis with the characters.When you go over the mexican theme nad style,you will see that this has all been done before.We have an average,boring kid,and story is set around him.He has 2 friends,a smart girl and a dim witted boy who serves for a comic releif.And they go to school and in every episode they have adventures.Really,this has all been done before.And the characters arent very intersting themselves.Rikochet is a typicall average boring kid who wants to be a masked wrestler(in his country,thats as awsome as becoming a football player,doctor,or a lawer)And he lives with his mom,dad(who is a famous mask wrestler and his role model) and senile grandpa who gives him adveces,but also serves as a comic releif due to his senility.It has been done before.Now,about his friends.Buena girl is a typicall know-at-all girl with opsessive compulsive disorder and always gives boring lectures about living the life like the code of masked wresling demands.And the running gag is in every episode:the boys are misbehaving and she takes teh book from nowhere *angel chorus* and starts reading it.I wish someone would hit her with that book.And then we come to Flea.He is dim witted,stinky,socially akward,often very mean and crazy.And serves as a comic releif from his boring,unintersting friends.Well,he is acctually one of the best characters on the show.He is smoethimes more gross than funny,but i prefer his randomness a lot more than Cheese from Fosters,who is very overrated.Flea uses toilet and violent humor,typicall for random characters,but he does a pretty good job.I also like headmistress and that crazy disco opsessed teacher.They are pretty funny.But the episodes tend to be pretty boring,the other characters are very annoying,or never speak at all.And i hate those 3 bullies who dont wear masks and bully Rikochet and his friends.They are the one socially akward,cause all the citizens besides them wear masks,duuuh.And the humor could be allot better.I would give this how higher ratings,but CN showed the same episodes like a million times,and it really made me vomit.But on some german channel i saw new episodes.But i dont understand german dub so i cant watch it.It was cancelled pretty soon so it didnt have a chance to develope more.I have alot of symphaty for this show and it was really canceled before it should have.I would rather wach this show instead of sam old Ben 10(original) episodes whos been running for maybe 4 years and makes me vomit when ever i see it.They should amke new Mucha Lucha episodes instead.
  • Great show

All I can say is that ever since I began watching this,
    it's been only getting funnier in every episode. Especially
    season 3. Not only is it funny, it is so entertaining
    that I wish it was on every day. I hope that there will be
    new episodes soon. The style in the show has become more
    clever that I'm just amazed. A show about 3 kids who want
    to become wrestlers would just be a regular t.v series. But, the creators of this show has made that so entertaining and
    very unique, also very clever and persuading. Especially, in
    the third season, with different music, different personalities for the characters, new characters, better
    animation funnier lines and I like how Rikochet's voice
    changed. Overall, the show is very funny and I hope it will
    only get better in the future.
  • I hate whoever thought of this!

This was terrible! Mucha Lucha needed to be canceled long before it did! Luchadors: this word still haunts me! This show isn't even worth my time to write a decent review on! I couldn't stand this! The girl, I don't even care what her name was, more annoying then anything! The Flea, he was decent, almost, he was kinda funny, like he was someone who would only spark a silent laugh in me though, And then the main character, what ever his name was, alway tring to do the right thing, how annoying. The theme wasn't anything to appreciate either.
  • This show is not that good.

This show is not about fighting at all, its just about donuts, donuts, and more donuts. If they called this show Mucha Lucha, I expected lots of fights but its like normal funny shows instead. All the fighting is lame and boring and the fighting moves are poor. Also the drawing is poor. But sometimes you can stay happy if you watch the show if your bored. The show was good for a while. Becuase when I was little, I thought this show was enjoyable but then I got old and I realize how stupid the show the it. This show still deserves a chance.
  • Yeah, this isn't that great of a show.

6.3
    This show is mediocre because, its not that funny, you really can't understand the plots and its kind of pointless. I would only watch it if if couldn't be more bored. . . . . . . . . . . . I'm kind of glad they cancelled this because its not going anywhere. I'd watch more if the plots were deeper and got a lot funnier. But if it ever comes back, and hasn't changed, it won't be all buterflies for me, I would still only watch this show just to kill time. . . . . .
  • Man, I'm glad it's gone!

1.5
    I'm glad this show is gone. This was nothing but a crappy show anyway. I mean, the design was just HORRIBLE!!!! So were the episode plots and ideas. I am just glad they had cancelled this show! The theme song at the beginning was nothing but crap. Ricochet was the worst character... ever!
  • this is a funny and entertaining show and I dont know why everybody thinks its such crap

this is a funny and entertaining show and I dont know why everybody thinks its such crap most of the characters are funny and its interestion to see everybodies Signature moves and What Item or Idea the people decided to embody in their mask wrestling this is a funny and entertaining show and I dont know why everybody thinks its such crap most of the characters are funny and its interestion to see everybodies Signature moves and What Item or Idea the people decided to embody in their mask wrestling k k k k k k k k k k
  • It\'s a really dumb crappy show.

To tell you the truth, I used to like the show - but I don\'t know why. My life was like crap back then. I even thought the Luchadors were going to save me when I was in trouble, but later I knew that was all a big piece of crap. Today, I think Mucha Lucha is one of the crappiest things that has ever aired on TV. First of all, it mocks masked wrestling, and Nacho Libre can throw Mucha Lucha away. Second of all, it was very annoying, most of the episodes had no plot, and when I liked the show, The Flea was my favorite character, now I wonder why he stuffs his face in the garbage all day. (Ed from Ed, Edd, n\' Eddy does a WAY WAY better job than him). I thought the Flea\'s voice was so annoying, and the people at Fosters shouldn\'t of used his voice on those little fleas in that flea episode. Rikochet is just a total mockery of honor, as he TRIES to do the right thing, and then he ends up screwing up. Buena Girl just whines about honor. And what the hell ... donuts. Why is there donuts at the end - they treat donuts like a worship food. It\'s a good thing that petition I submitted LONG AGO to save Mucha Lucha was never accepted, I never wanted to see those dumb Mucha Lucha episodes again and I\'m glad they\'re out of the airing system of Cartoon Network.
  • I'm glad it's gone!

• Used to like it but now i find it horribly boring.

1.4
    I used to like it when this used to air on Cartoon Network in the UK(our countury) it then began airing on ITV and Toonami but i can say this sucks right now i remember from a few years ago what the show is like now i find it dead boring it is silly and in one episode just because Buena Girl cried Rikochet cried as well and the Flea sucks out loud i do not like his voice it sounds like the current dexter from Dexter's Lab i am glad this does'nt air on TV now because it probably got off the air for being so idiotic and stupid.
  • ¡Mucha Lucha!

Why dose eveyone hate it? Mucha Lucha is a unique show. It is about a boy named Ricosha. He finds magic Powers that allows him to enter Mask Wresling. In a school, everyone is in a mask. Ricosha can use the Power to challage someone to help out the luchadore citizens. Later, he invites Flea & Brina Girl inside school. They mostly go together inside Luchaing. Overall, this show is very unique.
  • Who thought of this?

4.9
    Who thought of this?

I used to like dis show, but then I felt that the show was getting more dumber because of the adventures in later episodes, and I feel that whoever thought of this show is being racists toward the mexican people. I'm not Mexican, but I have a few friends who are mexican. (Even though one of them acts crazy. I'm glad that they got rid of this show. It was good at first, but like I siad, it got worse and worse. I always saw it on cn. I hope CN will get rid of all the other bad show while they are at it.
  • I can\'t say I\'ve found it entertaining.

Really . . . I don\'t see it as a great or funny show, just a lame desperate cartoon. Animation is different and smooth but not the style I like. So thats my opinion there. The characters are all politically corect and do some dumb moves and fights the creators expect us to remember as we follow along the loose and crummy storylines. I have not seen a good episode yet. Honor for the family, I\'d say turn it off if you honor your life. I know it seems harsh, but the Fox cartoon shows have never impressed much. Lately they are all two rate cartoons that stink.
< 1 2