Mucha Lucha!

The WB (ended 2005)

Rtkat3

Mucha Lucha! Fan Reviews (57)

• I watched a few episodes,but looking back at the crude plot,animation,and story telling,I ask myself "Why???"

Naruto.An anime Set in ninja school.That show is good.Mucha lucha.A cartoon show Set in wrestler school.This show is NOT good.I can create a flash cartoon with better quality then THIS piece of ****!!!...and alone,I don't know the FIRST THING about flash!I DID watch some episodes a year back when it came to cartoon netwrok,and now I know it's AWFUL!The GOOD news?...it's from WB.I really don't expect a lot from WB...
  • Racism? I think so.

This is somewhat a disgrace to mexicans, depicting their culture incorrectly. It's crap in anyways. The plot sucks, characters' personality are crap, and actors act in the wrong place! Overall, it's terrible.
  • Apalling

This show is about a group of mexican friends who go to a mexican wrestling school, where they face many challenges on they're way to graduation. Now on paper (and more importantly on your tv guide) the concept doesn't sound too bad, but once we actually get to an episode, it's an apalling disjointed mess. Firstly, apparently mexican figurines can talk and give advice and stuff. boring. secondly, it's the exact same thing every episode: They learn a new move, fight something, fail to use the new move properly, and then make a comeback. boring. So in my opinion, this show is boring, apalling, and sterotypical of mexicans in general. 0/10 F-
  • this show was complete crap i always hated it

who ever thought of this show should have been shot this show was gross stupid and plus annoying the voice acting was bad the animation was the storylines was bad it sucked all the characters were idiots the dialoge(if thats how you spell it) was bad plus buena was annoying annoying and stupid she could only say stuuf like its not right her voice hurts my ears richot was so stupid and a complete copy of strong bad from homestar runner i was happy the day it was cancelled why did cartoon network pull the plug on this crap plus the flea was completely racits he give mexicans a bad name plus everyone in this show was a complete a..hole this show was so wrong and stupid
  • Stupid, boring, and steriotypical.

This is a really bad show it's boring and has dumb characters. The show is pretty steriotypical, not every one in Mexico loves wrestling, and constantly has a mask on. As a wrestling fan I thought I might enjoy this show but I did'nt because it was stupid. It made no sense, and the plots were boring and pointless. I'm happy this show was cancelled. All I really no about the show is it's about about a few kid Mexican wrestlers, also the show seems to like the trend of saying Mexicans were wrestling masks all the time. Take it off syndication!
  • This is more dumb then the fairy odd parents.

0.0
    It also sucks, who would want to watch this? Maybe mental hosptal people. Just kidding, but it is one of the worst shows ever. I am glad this was cancled, but that was too good for it. The film should be locked away for all time, in a undergound vault.
  • This was a mega waste making!

0.8
    Who made up this stupid show? I mean who cares about spanish wrestlers? A school too! PLus they speak spanish(no offense to spaniards).Just put in a siesta and you have the most dumb show ever! Why make a show where wrestlers have 'signature magic moves'! That's what is like to me. Kids want to become wrestlers and they have magical shifting powers that enable them to become such things as a pinball(lame), a bulldozer(stupid),and a tractor(Just plain dumb) So they go to this school to learn how to make themselves more magical and to wrestle.So if you ask me I cant wait till it stops playing and ruining the time slots its in.
  • Why does this kind of stuff get put on the air?

2 Words: This show sucks. Make that three.... It's about some 8-10 year old kids who wrestle. It's dumb, everyone in this show is a Stereotype. The Flea is a idiotic slob, Ricqueoshay (or whatever) is dumb and boring. The girl (whatever her name is) is the only one with common sense (but doesn't make up for ANY of them). It just makes fun of Spainsh and Mexican Cultures. The animation is Horrible, everything is as flat as Cardboard, oh and their Hands and Feet and Mouths are the only things that move, WOW!!! The plot is pointless, The Flea's lame butt jokes are not the LEAST bit funny, It makes fun of other Cultures, The animation is horrid. And to top it all off, IT'S NOT FUNNY. I have no idea why WB and Cartoon Network, even WANTED this to be on their channel. To think more than one person worked on this, i guess it was a Group Effort to make it bad.
  • An insult to fans of Mexican Wrestling everywhere

1.5
    To be honest, seeing promos of Mucha Lucha made it look promising. The show was about three friends who go to a school about masked wrestling and fight for honor, family, tradition, and for some reason doughnuts. They also face dangers from within the school and go on adventures to prove themselves as the best wrestlers ever. Maybe the show sounds OK on paper and not too bad, but once again looks are deceiving and this show proves that fact again. The characters on this show are all terrible and generic. Ricochet is just a standard kid who wants to be the best and wants to do things right. Buena Girl is just a typical goody two shoes and smart girl. The Flea is just a run of the mill slob and is filthy, and to be fair he is the only decent character on this show and managed to make me laugh here and there.. The principal is generic tough person who rules the school by fear, and it just keeps on going. I also find it stupid that this show portrays Mexico as nothing but masked wrestling lunatics and consider it a God. There is also stereotypical Mexican areas and everyone is a Mexican stereotype. I also have to point out that for someone who fights for Honor, Ricochet somehow always screws up and gets into more trouble. Also if Buena Girl is so smart, how come in one episode where Ricochet lost his mask that she couldn't tell the difference between a mask and the mailbox Ricochet was wearing? Speaking of the masks, why is removing it so taboo? We never learn why removing your mask is bad and they never bother explaining it at all. We are supposed to accept it with no questions asked at all. Also why is Doughnuts somehow part of Mexican wrestling tradition? Where do doughnuts or any food have to do with wrestling, Mexican or not? Once again, never explained. The artwork is OK, but why do most of the characters have humongous heads that look like eggs or ovals? As for the animation, it's horrible in every way. It's really stiff, there are barely movements to the characters, and it is choppy most of the time. As for the plots, they are all boring. It's usually either the 3 heroes learning a life lesson, or facing a danger in or out of school. When the kids do the fighting moves, they do special moves that turn them into either a pinball, tractor, fly swatter, and so on. They come off really stupid, but at least they are creative, so I will give the show the benefit of the doubt. The humor is next to nonexistent in this show. I only got laughs from The Flea every now and then, but there was no other funny stuff in the show. This show may have worked as a wrestling cartoon, but stereotypes everywhere, bad jokes, boring stories, and logic that makes no sense ruins this show. This show has very little value at all, and even if you are a die hard wrestling fan, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this show.
  • donot wach this show even if you life depended on it

0.1
    *shakes head sadley* tsk tsk tsk i have 1 question did they try to make it bad?? i donot know who would come with such a stupid idea this one dude asked were they drunk when they made it well i got an answer yeah hell yeah just look at the animation and the plot suckes bad too soo do the charicters they r stupid so all in all the show stinx the only amazing thing is the fact that it some how managed to stay on the air for 3 years..............................................if your thinkin magic don't be ashamed thats what i think too
  • I hate this

0.2
    Not good its very boring this makes
    spanish people look bad. It has bad
    animation, they spent their entire
    life masked wresling, they can turn
    into anyting thing they want and
    thats all they do lame, they go to
    school to learn how to do lame action
    better they don't even study just mask
    wresle.
  • It\'s a really dumb crappy show.

To tell you the truth, I used to like the show - but I don\'t know why. My life was like crap back then. I even thought the Luchadors were going to save me when I was in trouble, but later I knew that was all a big piece of crap. Today, I think Mucha Lucha is one of the crappiest things that has ever aired on TV. First of all, it mocks masked wrestling, and Nacho Libre can throw Mucha Lucha away. Second of all, it was very annoying, most of the episodes had no plot, and when I liked the show, The Flea was my favorite character, now I wonder why he stuffs his face in the garbage all day. (Ed from Ed, Edd, n\' Eddy does a WAY WAY better job than him). I thought the Flea\'s voice was so annoying, and the people at Fosters shouldn\'t of used his voice on those little fleas in that flea episode. Rikochet is just a total mockery of honor, as he TRIES to do the right thing, and then he ends up screwing up. Buena Girl just whines about honor. And what the hell ... donuts. Why is there donuts at the end - they treat donuts like a worship food. It\'s a good thing that petition I submitted LONG AGO to save Mucha Lucha was never accepted, I never wanted to see those dumb Mucha Lucha episodes again and I\'m glad they\'re out of the airing system of Cartoon Network.
  • I'm glad it's gone!

This was terrible! Mucha Lucha needed to be canceled long before it did! Luchadors: this word still haunts me! This show isn't even worth my time to write a decent review on! I couldn't stand this! The girl, I don't even care what her name was, more annoying then anything! The Flea, he was decent, almost, he was kinda funny, like he was someone who would only spark a silent laugh in me though, And then the main character, what ever his name was, alway tring to do the right thing, how annoying. The theme wasn't anything to appreciate either.
  • Used to like it but now i find it horribly boring.

1.4
    I used to like it when this used to air on Cartoon Network in the UK(our countury) it then began airing on ITV and Toonami but i can say this sucks right now i remember from a few years ago what the show is like now i find it dead boring it is silly and in one episode just because Buena Girl cried Rikochet cried as well and the Flea sucks out loud i do not like his voice it sounds like the current dexter from Dexter's Lab i am glad this does'nt air on TV now because it probably got off the air for being so idiotic and stupid.
  • Man, I'm glad it's gone!

1.5
    I'm glad this show is gone. This was nothing but a crappy show anyway. I mean, the design was just HORRIBLE!!!! So were the episode plots and ideas. I am just glad they had cancelled this show! The theme song at the beginning was nothing but crap. Ricochet was the worst character... ever!
  • sterotypical crap

2.6
    stupid and retearted. not everyone in mexico wears a spanish wrestling mask! this show is pretty gay and i would never watch it again. i liked it when it first came on but htats when i was a little tyke and liked wrestling and crap like that that sucks.

EROK
  • Who thought of this?

4.9
    Who thought of this?

I used to like dis show, but then I felt that the show was getting more dumber because of the adventures in later episodes, and I feel that whoever thought of this show is being racists toward the mexican people. I'm not Mexican, but I have a few friends who are mexican. (Even though one of them acts crazy. I'm glad that they got rid of this show. It was good at first, but like I siad, it got worse and worse. I always saw it on cn. I hope CN will get rid of all the other bad show while they are at it.
  • I can\'t say I\'ve found it entertaining.

Really . . . I don\'t see it as a great or funny show, just a lame desperate cartoon. Animation is different and smooth but not the style I like. So thats my opinion there. The characters are all politically corect and do some dumb moves and fights the creators expect us to remember as we follow along the loose and crummy storylines. I have not seen a good episode yet. Honor for the family, I\'d say turn it off if you honor your life. I know it seems harsh, but the Fox cartoon shows have never impressed much. Lately they are all two rate cartoons that stink.
  • It was a decent and entertaining WB cartoon at first.

5.5
    Mucha Lucha was a cartoon that premiered on WB when I was probably eleven or twelve. I remember back then that I liked it okay. In fact I would always tune in to watch new episodes of it on Saturday mornings. What do I think of Mucha Lucha today? Well... it's got some interesting characters and their powers are kinda... unique. But also, it might be more controversial then I had realized.

I don't know, I kind of have the feeling that for some people, this show might be a little stereotypical, if not slightly racist, with it's portrayal of Mexico, and the Lucha Libre lifestyle. Especially considering that no one in the show ever removes their mask, even outside of the ring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Luchadors don't walk around on the streets still wearing their masks. Then again, that might just be a comedic aspect of the show, and I might just be reading into it too much. Me personally, I don't think it's really that offensive to Mexican culture. If anything, my problems with Mucha Lucha stem from the fact that after the first season, it just got dull.

Though I do really like the opening theme. I also like some of the characters. Rikochet and Buena Girl are really cool, as they best represent the honor and tradition of masked-wrestling. Headmistress is pretty funny, even if she's just a typical angry headmistress. But I think my favorite character is El Ray the action figure. He's so funny, and I always wondered how the heck he can talk to Rikochet. However, I have to be honest and say that The Flea was unbearable in this show. Most of the humor that seemed to stem from him was gross humor, not to mention he can be kinda selfish. In fact, a lot of the humor in Mucha Lucha was gross, which I'm not particularly a fan of.

So yeah, the first season was pretty good, and for the most part Mucha Lucha does follow the spirit of Lucha Libre (except for the bizzare powers). However, with the Flea being annoying, many plots being ridiculous, and a lot of gross humor, I can't really say I like it anymore. But it's not a completely bad show, just sort of a mixed-bag. If your curious, then I say check Mucha Lucha out and judge for yourself.
  • Dont Watch

0.0
    By far Cartoon networks lowest rated show. Theres not much laughs, not good graphics so, i've never liked it. Most jokes i've seen have been impossible, like how dos somes head go up to the ceiling. Its never really had good ratings.

This is a show you shud flush down the toilet!Dont Watch.
  • Uhhhhh...

0.5
    I do not mean to be rude or anything but how can anyone actually like this show? This show is pointless! The show is mainly about three crackheads who wrestle each other and transform into these crazy wild objects that crash into their opponet...There are five reasons to why I hate this show 1.The animation stinks 2.The characters are retards that go on pointless adventures 3.They don't show any of the action they just show stupid words to replace it 4.The plot lines suck 5.It almost seems racist. I'm surprised this show managed to stay on the air for three years because it is the worst show on the face of the earth. Please don't watch this crap...It will make your eyes bleed!!!
  • I hate whoever thought of this!

• A show which is not only terrible, but stereotypes Mexican people!

Okay, I'll tell you the truth...this show stinks! It's kind of lame too. Ricochet is a blockhead and thinks he knows it all, Buena Girl somehow thinks she's queen of the wrestling world, and the Flea is just lame. Butt jokes aren't funny IMO! But the main difference between a good comedy and this is that this tries to be funny...but fails!

The animation is okay I guess, but animation isn't what makes a show good. and when since do all Mexicans wear masks and wrestle each other?!

I'd watch something better if I were you. Sorry, but this show gets a thumbs down from me.
  • This show is not that good.

This show is not about fighting at all, its just about donuts, donuts, and more donuts. If they called this show Mucha Lucha, I expected lots of fights but its like normal funny shows instead. All the fighting is lame and boring and the fighting moves are poor. Also the drawing is poor. But sometimes you can stay happy if you watch the show if your bored. The show was good for a while. Becuase when I was little, I thought this show was enjoyable but then I got old and I realize how stupid the show the it. This show still deserves a chance.
  • It wasn't the best show on Kids WB, but certainly not the worst. It started out good in episodes, but got boring near the end of them.

¡Mucha Lucha! was an ok show, not being the best or the worst. Masked wrestling was an interesting topic to write stories about, yet Eddie Mort could have been more creative. They could have done so much more with this show, yet they stooped to a lower level.

The humour seems pretty funny at first, but then later, it just seems plain stupid. The Flea is the main provider of that, and I like his character, just not all his grossness. Plus, chewy shoes and buttersticks, that's just gross. He acts as though he's barely human.

The third season got a little better, having more interesting plots. There were good episodes, and like a lot of series(es), there were bad ones. The villains were okay, yet some of them were boring. This show was mildly interesting.
  • If you dont like you aint funny either

Very cool. I like wrestling, I know spanish too because its my main language, unique masks, funny way they wrestle. They're pretty cool. This is one of the shows that needs to come back.
  • Had me liking Mexican wrestling!

Most ep (02-06, 09, 14) WB
  • lol this

esta loca
  • Mucha Lucha! is all about young kids want to grow up to be masked wrestlers and go to a school called, "The Formost World-Renouned International SChool of Lucha". The trio's names are Ricochet, Buena Girl, and The Flea. Adventure, comedy, and fun are here

I love this show. There are 2 things I can't beleive, though:
    1) People hate this show.
    2) Cartoon Network put it off X[

Can anyone tell me where i can see eps online???
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?? I really miss this show. For those who don't like the show, I recommend giving Mucha Lucha! another chance. This show has adventure, comedy, and fun. The Flea has to be my fav character, tying with Ricochet. I hope that someone could tell me where to watch Mucha Lucha! online. The episodes are funny and entertaining. Too bad it's off Cartoon Network AND Kids WB. I miss Mucha Lucha!!!
  • I think they should take mucha lucha to the next level and make some shows MA only! it shouldnt be just kid friendly all the time its time to make it more interesting and through some clothes around make a little love(hard core)dont be shy to put some lan

my reason for mucha lucha is Sr.Hasbeena,hes got my personality all of it from disco to the clothes he weares. he may not be up there mentaly but phiscaly hes hot! man I wanna sex him up soooooooo bad! and Rikcohet too! Hasbeena really makes me soo horny that its hard to stop fantising.
< 1 2