Mucha Lucha!

The WB (ended 2005)

Rtkat3

Mucha Lucha! Fan Reviews (56)

• An insult to fans of Mexican Wrestling everywhere

1.5
    To be honest, seeing promos of Mucha Lucha made it look promising. The show was about three friends who go to a school about masked wrestling and fight for honor, family, tradition, and for some reason doughnuts. They also face dangers from within the school and go on adventures to prove themselves as the best wrestlers ever. Maybe the show sounds OK on paper and not too bad, but once again looks are deceiving and this show proves that fact again. The characters on this show are all terrible and generic. Ricochet is just a standard kid who wants to be the best and wants to do things right. Buena Girl is just a typical goody two shoes and smart girl. The Flea is just a run of the mill slob and is filthy, and to be fair he is the only decent character on this show and managed to make me laugh here and there.. The principal is generic tough person who rules the school by fear, and it just keeps on going. I also find it stupid that this show portrays Mexico as nothing but masked wrestling lunatics and consider it a God. There is also stereotypical Mexican areas and everyone is a Mexican stereotype. I also have to point out that for someone who fights for Honor, Ricochet somehow always screws up and gets into more trouble. Also if Buena Girl is so smart, how come in one episode where Ricochet lost his mask that she couldn't tell the difference between a mask and the mailbox Ricochet was wearing? Speaking of the masks, why is removing it so taboo? We never learn why removing your mask is bad and they never bother explaining it at all. We are supposed to accept it with no questions asked at all. Also why is Doughnuts somehow part of Mexican wrestling tradition? Where do doughnuts or any food have to do with wrestling, Mexican or not? Once again, never explained. The artwork is OK, but why do most of the characters have humongous heads that look like eggs or ovals? As for the animation, it's horrible in every way. It's really stiff, there are barely movements to the characters, and it is choppy most of the time. As for the plots, they are all boring. It's usually either the 3 heroes learning a life lesson, or facing a danger in or out of school. When the kids do the fighting moves, they do special moves that turn them into either a pinball, tractor, fly swatter, and so on. They come off really stupid, but at least they are creative, so I will give the show the benefit of the doubt. The humor is next to nonexistent in this show. I only got laughs from The Flea every now and then, but there was no other funny stuff in the show. This show may have worked as a wrestling cartoon, but stereotypes everywhere, bad jokes, boring stories, and logic that makes no sense ruins this show. This show has very little value at all, and even if you are a die hard wrestling fan, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this show.