Mulberry

BBC (ended 1993)

RoxieVelma

Mulberry Fan Reviews (3)

7.3
  • If you never saw this show, go out of your way to catch it in any form possible. It is funny, sad and wonderful all at the same time. Mulberry is truly his mother's son rather than his father's.

I recently got to see all all 13 episodes that make up the entire two series. I'm extremely upset that the BBC would cancel the show when there was only one more series planned that would have wrapped the show up. The concept, writing and acting were all top notch with special notice of the chemistry between Mulberry (Karl Howman)
    and Miss Farnaby (Geraldine McEwan). It was a small and apparently overlooked show, however its quality certainly cannot be questioned.

If it had been allowed to finish out its run it would have demonstrated how multi-seasonal programs can be plotted with a beginning, middle and end resulting in quality programming without resulting to ratings to push a program beyond its limits resulting in a total disaster. Several programs come to mind in this latter category, but the one that immediately springs to mind is "The X-Files." Of the former category "Babylon 5" spring into my consciousness. However it would have been better for B-5 if Warner Bros. and the syndicated network running the show had not played games resulting in a semi-disjointed ending since they never knew until very late in the production cycle that there would indeed be a 5th season as J. Michael Straczynski
    its creator had planned resulting in many plot threads being completed in season 4.

All this rambling aside and even without an third series to end the show I repeat: See this show by any means necessary, you won't be sorry.