Mulberry

RoxieVelma

Mulberry Fan Reviews (3)

7.3
  • Unfairly cancelled

This was a rather interesting little program on British television.

I caught it in reruns on American Public Television, as part of the "BritComs" evening on a local Public Television Station in NYC.

For those who don't know it, Mulberry, the title character is the son of DEATH, and he has been assigned to "take" an elderly woman named Miss Farnaby. But Mulberry is also the son of Springtime, and as such, has feelings for Miss Farnaby, whom he learns has been alone for many years now, and once he takes her, will die alone.

So Mulberry asks his mother to grant Miss Farnaby three months, during which, he will attempt to get her to live life, before he has to take it away from her.

Unfortunately, the All-Powerful Beeb canceled it before the program actually "ended", so we never got to see what happens.

Thankfully though, Geraldine McEwan (Miss Farnaby) is now in the role of "Jane Marple" in "Agatha Christie's Miss Marple", so we at least get to see her there.

But I would still like to see an "ending", even though it would be rather sad, being that Miss Farnaby would die and all, but I have hopes that it at least ends somewhat happily.