Muppet Babies

CBS (ended 1990)

rapturerogue

Muppet Babies Fan Reviews (25)

• Muppet Babies is what defined children of the 80's and why we loved it!

"Muppet Babies, we make our dreams come true
    Muppet Babies, we'll do the same for you
    When your world looks kinda weird and you wish that you weren't there
    Just close your eyes and make believe and you can be anywhere." Boy, did Muppet Babies make our dreams come true! For most children of the 80's we would get up early in the mornings before mom and dad and have our favorite bowls of high sugar cereals while watching saturday morning cartoons. What exactly defined Saturday mornings for us? Well, for many it would have to be Muppet Babies. Although they were only babies they had many adventures in the nursery that recquired their imagination. Muppet Babies is one of those charming shows that you will always remember from the opening theme sequence to the ending credits. Personally, Muppet Babies has to be my favorite 80's cartoon show. I am not sure if it was the child friendly animation or the great story plots that attracted me to these characters, but what I do know is that I loved it. Vivetly, I remember begging my mother to put in my Muppet Babies VHS containg a Star Wars spoof episode. The Muppet Babies was a part of 80's pop culture and released merchendise from plush dolls to T-Shirts to bath toys. It has been over 21 years since this beloved show filled our hearts with its loving warmth, but it still has an impact on today's generation. Although Muppet Babies has not been seen in eight years since it was replaced in the Nickelodeon children's line up, Nick Jr in the fall of '98 it still holds strong. Let's hope we see it on DVD someday! I know it would be the first DVD on my wish list.:)