Murder, She Wrote Forums

CBS (ended 1996)

Am I the only one who likes this show?

inuyashafreak34

[1]Jul 15, 2005
    • level: 17
    ^read^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blndswanahavfun

[2]Jul 22, 2005
    • level: 9
    absolutely not. i think the show is fabulous! i cant watch it when anyone else is around but you know.

helmatt

[4]Jul 25, 2005
    • level: 26
    Nope. I loved it, and I was only 14 when it was around. I bought the 1st Season on DVD, and my mates just laughed and laughed. We didnt get the last 3 or 4 seasons in Australia. We at least I cant remember them anyway. My favourite was Sheriff Tupper. Great show. Although, yes, I usually watch it by myself. My wife just shakes her head.

Plasticcastle

[5]Jul 27, 2005
    I like this show too.
    helmatt wrote:
    My favourite was Sheriff Tupper.

Yeah, he was great... and funny too.

inuyashafreak34

[6]Aug 5, 2005
    I'm currently reading the books with my grandma. I think the title of the one I'm reading is mannhattan mirder or something like that. It takes place around Christmas

blndswanahavfun

[7]Aug 7, 2005
    An excellent addition to any dvd collection. unfortunately i cant buy the dvd set. my family would go psycho so i am doomed for 5 more years to stick to watching the re-runs on "Biography" and "A&E".

ant_ie

[8]Aug 17, 2005
    • level: 11
    Nope, at present RTE, Irish state television is boardcasting season four. This is at least the second time they are repeating since they first aired it.

It's great to relax after work and watch such a fantasic and of course sucessful show.

trulyoutrageous

[9]Aug 23, 2005
    • level: 4
    I love this show too , I'm glad they finally returned to FTA cause MSW is on digital tv...so yeah...where just in Season 9 right now . I was soo happy when they released the first season on dvd since i haven't seen it in years!

robinepowell

[10]Aug 24, 2005
    • level: 63
    You're not alone. I've watch repeats on A&E many times with the odd exception I've watched the show.

Kaston_Iago

[11]Sep 22, 2005
    • level: 8
    I don't know what it is about this show - it's a bit like a guilty pleasure. You don't want to admit to your friends and colleagues that you watch/like it, but you can't resist it.

I'm in the UK and some of our channels occasionally show some episodes, but it usually seems to be a bit of a filler and not a whole season of episodes, so I'll be getting the DVDs and I don't care what my husband says!

starglimmer05

[12]Sep 30, 2005
    • level: 7
    MSW was one of my absolute faves when I was little, I used to watch it all the time with my mom. It reminds me of tea and oatmeal cookies, haha! And, yes, I still catch the odd episode every now and then, though I think I have seen every episode too many times...I always know "whodunit"!

xhibitionist1

[13]Oct 24, 2005
    • level: 4
    NO you're not! I record the episodes on my DVR and can watch them at any time. Gotta love it when murder follows you no matter where you are. Only this could happen to J.B. I really liked the episodes that Jerry Orbach and Keith Mitchell were in.

mczy

[14]Oct 28, 2005
    No, you are not alone. I am sure there plenty of us out there who enjoy this show too, but don't have the gut to admit it. I totally agree with Kaston_lago, it is kind of a guilty pleasure to watch this show.

PhantomFan

[15]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 15
    So not! I'm thirteen right NOW, and I love it. I contributed quotes for 'The Murder of Sherlock Holmes'. As a matter of fact, I put all of those up there. My favorites are Grady, Ethan, and Amos. Murder, She Wrote is a fabulous and compelling show- better than Perry Mason, even!

inuyashafreak34

[16]Nov 9, 2005
    I'm in the middle of reading some of the books. I'm on page 100 of "Murder in Moscow"

SunSpeed

[17]Dec 3, 2005
    • level: 30
    I'm a fan of Murder, She Wrote as well. The episodes I like the most were the ones in Cabot Cove. There was a good one on earlier this week on BBC1 (*).

(*) BBC1 started showing MSW again earlier this week resuming on Monday 28th November with the Season 10 premiere "A Death in Hong Kong". It was ok but it's got better since then. I tape them as they're on weekday afternoons. Got Thursday's and Friday's episodes to catch up on.

Kaston_Iago

[18]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 8
    SunSpeed wrote:
    I'm a fan of Murder, She Wrote as well. The episodes I like the most were the ones in Cabot Cove. There was a good one on earlier this week on BBC1 (*).

(*) BBC1 started showing MSW again earlier this week resuming on Monday 28th November with the Season 10 premiere "A Death in Hong Kong". It was ok but it's got better since then. I tape them as they're on weekday afternoons. Got Thursday's and Friday's episodes to catch up on.

Darn - I've been on holiday so missed this. I'll have to check to see if they are still on and get that video recorder set.

SunSpeed

[19]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 30
    An episode I'd taped last week I watched earlier, the third Cabot Cove story since the Season 10 premiere, called "Love and Hate in Cabot Cove". Quite good. BBC1 showed an episode from Season 10 last Sunday afternoon and will be doing the same again this coming Sunday. They'll finish showing it next week, however because of a schedule change MSW wasn't shown one day last week so there will be one episode left to show after the New Year I think.

AnimatedSnow47

[20]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 5
    I've been a fan of this show for several years, and I'm only 20!

I just enjoy it much more than the more gritty crime shows (CSI, etc.) that are out there now. The main character is fun to watch and the mysteries are often well-written. I own the first two seasons on DVD.

I don't know if it was announced here, but the 3rd season will be released in March on DVD, and will include an as-of-yet unknown 4th season episode as a bonus feature.