Murderland

Hain's Story

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 26, 2009 on ITV

7.8
  • Looking at the events surrounding the murder of Sally Walsh from the point of view of Douglas Hain, we find that he may know more about the crime than he is letting on.

Once again we are taken over the events of the brutal murder of Sally Walsh and the horror of the crime as it affects her daughter, Carrie, but this time, we see it through the eyes of Hain and right from the start, we find that he is definitely hiding something or, at the very least, knows a good deal more than he is saying about what actually took place.

When the now adult Carol Walsh confronts him, she learns many things that she never expected, not only that Hain was her mother's lover and that they planned a future together, but also that Hain removed evidence from the crime scene which may have connected him directly to the murder. Carol is not sure who to trust or whether or not the detective is lying to save himself but she is determined to get to the truth if it kills her, with or without Hain's help.