Mutant X Forums

(ended 2004)

Isn't There Anyone?

mxcmm

[21]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    Not sure Claire, I could ask some of members on some MX boards if they know. Or go to www.firstmutant.bravehost.com. There are over a thousand sites dedicated to MX. I started watching ths show in the latter part of the second season into the third season. If anyone wants to help bring back the show either in a series finale please visit www.myspace.com/chuckmmess. There you will find contact addresses, various groups and boards for MX. Please join us in our fight if you like. Right now I got an email from someone at Tribune, stating Marvel Comics owns the rights to the show. We've been contacting Content Films they currently own the series. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

supperkat

[22]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    I don't think you we need a season 4 enough already it was a good show for three years and we got what we got good sci-fi. Besides all the actor are gone to other things.

mxcmm

[23]Dec 14, 2006
    I understand what you mean, but it's worth trying for even if nothing ever happens. chuck

ashman2

[24]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 24

majken1974 wrote:
    well the marvel sue is kinda funny since mutant x is a marvel production, they sued themselves for making a series looking like another one of their series . to bad they won't continue without fireworks entertainment though

I can't remember what it was about, but it's so similar to a couple of years when Fox sued itself, and only at the last minute were they told that they were attacking themselves.

mxcmm

[25]Jan 1, 2007
    I know didn't really understand the lawsuit about Mutant X with Marvel since Marvel owned the rights to MX and Xmen. I guess, nowadays the american dream is to sue.

WolfEyesofIce

[26]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 20
    I love the show, i have been getting it VERY slowly on netflix. When i found out about it (through Lauren Lee Smith the girl who plays Emma, who i fell in love with from her character on the L Word) I was really excited. But then i found out that there are only 2 episoides per dvd. So i think im on the 4th dvd of the 1st season, but i have read all the episoide, or most of them. I just wish the dvd's had more episoides on them, i mean 2 half hour episoides do not fill a dvd, im sorry lol.

mxcmm

[27]Jan 8, 2007
    WolfEyes,
    Is it least expensive to watch the show on dvds from NEtfilx? You can probably get all three seasons on dvd from amazon,bandn.com, or ebay for a reasonable price. Nowadays some fans are downloaded episodes from internet sites. I'd like to download but have to wait til I get my router in place and working, doing that has not been fun at all.

ashman2

[28]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 24
    guba.com has episodes there, but I haven't watched them myself

WolfEyesofIce

[29]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 20
    Ive just been slowly watching them, off of netflix. so its all good.

mxcmm

[30]Feb 22, 2007
    thanks for the link ashman, I checked it out there have a few eps. Saw the anna nicole clip with her wearing clown makeup, god she was messed up LOL

StargirlDR

[31]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 4
     Loved the show, Personally I'd love it if they brought it back, but they need to do something, the way it ended wasn't an ending there were to many loose ends, and even after three years they have a decent fan base. The show actually had good reviews and season 4 was in the works when it got pulled, because of budget cuts from legal issues.  Fans just need to find some way to make them realize that it's worth putting back on the air.
    Edited on 03/23/2007 8:16pm

mxcmm

[32]Mar 27, 2007
    Hard part is getting fans to fight. Since the show is no longer on the air it's hard for people to get involved. Like I stated I'm in it to fight to see what happens. Gald u joined us.

labsrule106

[33]Apr 5, 2007

It would have been hard to fight for Mutant X no matter what, simply because of the fact that it was a Canadian show with shaky deals with the networks it aired on. Basically, they were allowed to show it in whatever time slot they chose, or not at all (which The WB did frequently when they aired a basketball game in its place). It was an independent show, and thus once their funds were gone, there wasn't much anyone could do to keep it going.

I too (to go along with someone else who commented) much prefered the show during the 1st and 2nd seasons, before Emma died (she was my favorite character). I don't even know that I've seen all the episodes from season 3 just cuz I was so pissed that they killed her off, and I never liked the new girl. And Adam being gone for a while was freaking annoying too!!!

Okay, so this is random, but I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who wanted Adam and Emma to get together? I know on MutantX.net there used to be forum links, and I found fellow shippers there, but with a whole lot of that site missing (when you can find it at all), it doesn't help me much. I guess this is an open question though...who do/did you ship...maybe I'll start a poll.

Anyway, nice to see some Mutant X fans are still out there!!!

szamandafan

[34]Apr 12, 2007

it is one of my favs shows too ! I like Forbes March very much and whewn I saw he was in here I said lol , I'm gonna love this !

so , here it is another fan !(me)

mxcmm

[35]Apr 12, 2007
    glad to see more fans of the show. Thought this board was going to slowly die. Labrule106, I'm not sure where you could find forums from the offical MX site. If you got to my myspace page(www.myspace.com/chuckmmess) and click on the link to MX Fan Corner hypelink maybe email the head moderator of the board and ask around. Or go www.firstmutant.bravehost.com and email the webmistress there too. Someone might have saved it.

labsrule106

[36]Apr 12, 2007
    mxcmm wrote:
    glad to see more fans of the show. Thought this board was going to slowly die. Labrule106, I'm not sure where you could find forums from the offical MX site. If you got to my myspace page(www.myspace.com/chuckmmess) and click on the link to MX Fan Corner hypelink maybe email the head moderator of the board and ask around. Or go www.firstmutant.bravehost.com and email the webmistress there too. Someone might have saved it.
    Thanks! Man, I was really excited a few days ago when I found out about this internet archive site (http://web.archive.org), thinking I'd be able to find stuff like that old Mutant X forum. Well, I found other stuff okay (like music vids of Third Watch on a site that disappeared), and I found old "versions" of mutantx.net, but to my dismay, I found that archive sites don't save actual forum postings. So I can look at how the forum looked, but I can't click on any of the links (probably has something to so with how often they change and how you usually have to sign in...not the type of thing an archive site would have time to, well, archive). But anyway, so I was disappointed about that, but still happy....I never knew there was a way to find old internet sites!!! Of course, that also means nothing is ever truly deleted...kind of scary. But yeah, that was random. Thanks for the advice, btw...I might email them some time.
    Edited on 04/12/2007 3:21pm

mxcmm

[37]Apr 17, 2007
    Glad to help out. I'll check out the archive site, sounds interesting. I remember when mutantx.net existed the forum was still active, even after the show was canceled. I guess when the domain name changed to mutantx.com the forums were not active anymore. I was wondering who still runs the existing main site (mutantx.com).

labsrule106

[38]Apr 19, 2007
    mxcmm wrote:
    Glad to help out. I'll check out the archive site, sounds interesting. I remember when mutantx.net existed the forum was still active, even after the show was canceled. I guess when the domain name changed to mutantx.com the forums were not active anymore. I was wondering who still runs the existing main site (mutantx.com).
    I really don't know. I'm almost amazed it even still exists at all, and for some reason I didn't notice the change over to .com...I remember a time when I couldn't find it, then I did, but maybe I found it through google and didn't realize it was now .com ...interesting.

mxcmm

[39]Apr 24, 2007
    It baffles me who still runs the mx.com site even though the show's been off the air for a couple of years now. My guess the peoples at Tribune still do, but who knows.

MydeanURdean

[40]May 30, 2007
    • level: 19
    I loved this show. I miss it.