Mutant X Forums

(ended 2004)

Isn't There Anyone?

mxcmm

[61]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 7
    Glad to see that there are still fans of the show out there. Most peoples have stopped posting since the show went off the air. I tried downloading season 3 of MX on a torrent site, but it took forever so I stopped.I should probably start it up again. I miss the show too. Well anyway post soon
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Buffylover365

[62]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 16

I'm a huge, huge fan of the series, having gotten turned onto it by my girlfriend (who's a gigantically huge fan of the series). I bought all 3 seasons on DVD for my birthday two years ago and, like other shows I own, it's still fantastic to re-watch.

The great thing about this series is that, since their setup was single-episodes (not one arc), you can pick pretty much any episode to watch when you feel like it.

When I first got into the show, I remember seeing John Shea (Adam) in "Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman", Lauren Lee Smith (Emma) in the TV series "2gether" (and the TV movie of the same series) and Victor Webster (Brennan) on "Days of our Lives". Since then, I've seen Forbes March (Jesse) on "One Life to Live", but I can't remember having seen Victoria Pratt on anything recently.

This show is absolutely fantastic and I'm so sad that it was cancelled.

But I've also got the whole series downloaded through a torrent program: it's great for making music videos and, thanks to my new phone, I can get ringtones too!

mxcmm

[63]Jun 17, 2008
    Thanks for coming in and positng. It has been quite in here for sometime. It's great to hear from other fans out there. Buffylover, what type of torrent did you use on your computer? I've been looking for a new one. Been trying to get a movie produced to tie up the loose ends of the show. Hasn't been very successful but I still hope. If you want to help let me know, if not it's alright; I'd figure I ask.

Victoria Pratt was in a movie on the ION Channel, it was Journey to the Center of the Earth. I think aired in the winter time. Forbes March was fired from OLTL and character was killed off recently.

Buffylover365

[64]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    mxcmm wrote:
    Thanks for coming in and positng.
    No problem! Always happy to talk with other fans of "Mutant X"!
    mxcmm wrote:
    It has been quiet in here for sometime.
    Well, only about two months... Not that long. hehe
    mxcmm wrote:
    Buffylover, what type of torrent did you use on your computer? I've been looking for a new one.
    www.utorrent.com (hehe I was confused by your question before...)
    mxcmm wrote:
    Been trying to get a movie produced to tie up the loose ends of the show. Hasn't been very successful but I still hope. If you want to help let me know, if not it's alright; I'd figure I ask.
    I'd love to help! But I wouldn't know where to start...
    mxcmm wrote:
    Victoria Pratt was in a movie on the ION Channel, it was Journey to the Center of the Earth. I think aired in the winter time.
    Ahh....that's why I hadn't seen her in anything recently...I don't have cable!
    mxcmm wrote:
    Forbes March was fired from OLTL and character was killed off recently.
    Yeah, I heard about that. I didn't hear about the firing, though. That strikes me as odd...he seems like he would be such a great person to work with. One OLTL thing I found interesting (this was actually one reason I was watching the show): Forbes' character on "Mutant X" was Jesse. He worked with Victor Webster, whose character was named Brennan. His character in OLTL was Nash Brennan and his girlfriend was Jessica, which is the feminine form of Jesse.
    Edited on 06/19/2008 10:48pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mxcmm

[65]Jun 24, 2008

Thanks Buffylover, for the torrent address, I will definitly check it out. Either that or I will suck it up and buy the dvds...

If you want to help out with getting a movie produced go to my myspace page at www.myspace.com/chuckmmess There will be links to different MX boards and contact info. Look it over when you can.

I noticed that too with the name Brennan as a last name for Forbes' character on OLTL. The girl who plays Jessica(Bree Williamson) was in an ep. of season 2 on MX. Weird...

I've seen VP and VW appear as guest stars on several shows including NCIS, and CSIs over the past few years.

Edited on 06/24/2008 7:09pm

mxcmm

[66]Dec 9, 2008
    Tribune Co. declared bankrupty yesterday. Not sure what that means for the dvds or a complete series on dvd.

mxcmm

[67]Dec 23, 2008
    MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!!!!!!

mxcmm

[68]Feb 10, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day peoples!!!

darkwolfette

[69]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 8
    I have the series. I love and have always loved this show! I mean it lasted for three years, so someone must've liked it, right? Well anyway, like I said, I love it.

mxcmm

[70]Apr 7, 2009
    Good to hear that you loved the show darkwolfette as I do and most fans of MX. Another fan of the show is working on developing a fanfic ending, so I'll post that when every it gets done.

CaffeineGibbs

[71]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 10
    Good show that should've gone on for much more than three seasons. I got all the three series, was re-watching the first and second seasons a couple of months back. Victoria Pratt was in Cleopatra 2525 and she was in a few episodes of Xena ages ago. I wouldn't mind seeing the ol' team back together.

mxcmm

[72]Apr 21, 2009
    Thanks for stopping by CaffineGibbs, I tend to watch some of the show on youtube along with the music videos that fellow fans created. I wish scifi channel or another cable network would pick up the show and air the reruns. That would be awesome. I do wish the show could have lasted another season to finish up the storylines from season 3. (I like NCIS too)

PsionicNinox

[73]May 9, 2009
    • level: 3
    I love this show! Well.. I've only known it for a couple of months, but still.. I even cries a lot when Emma died :'( (yeah, she's without any hesitation my favorite character in the show). But I live in the Netherlands and, except my best friends, I don't know anyone who likes this show.

mxcmm

[74]May 13, 2009
    Well you've come to the right place PsionicN!!!! Glad you like watching the show. There's actually a few MX boards/forums out on the net too. Most of them are still active, even though it's been about 5 years since the show went off the air.. I have some of the links on my myspace page at www.myspace.com/chuckmmess. Did the show just start airing on television or you just watching reruns of the show? I was just curious.

Angel1of4

[75]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 5
    Me!!! I loved the show!!! So did my sisters/best friends. I couldn't believe when they cancelled it.

mxcmm

[76]Jun 30, 2009
    Thanks for posting Angle1of4!!! It's been quite in for awhile, so good to have new fans post once in a blue moon. Glad to hear you liked the show. I believe a fellow fan uploaded season 3 on youtube. Not sure about seasons 1 and 2 on youtube, but Im sure there probably on the site. I still wish for a proper ending to the show, but that looks very dim at the moment.

AlphaReign

[77]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 2
    I love Mutant X. It is my number one favorite show. I really miss the show and wish it had more seasons. I also hate the open end. I am also glad to have found other people who like the show.

mxcmm

[78]Dec 21, 2010
    Gald you stopped by and posted Alphareign!!!! It's a shame the show is not shown on a cable station in reruns yet. Maybe someday it will be, who knows.

AlphaReign

[79]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 2

mxcmm wrote:
    Tribune Co. declared bankrupty yesterday. Not sure what that means for the dvds or a complete series on dvd.

New DVDs have been made. They are being sold on Amazon. The following are links to where you can buy: http://tinyurl.com/mxdvd1, http://tinyurl.com/32u7948 and http://tinyurl.com/367e4ys. The links are valid. However, I did shorten them.

nikkie_fikkie wrote:
    i guess it was ok. It wasn't very original though. Just a copycat of X-MEN

It is not a copycat of the X-Men!! Both Mutant X and the X-Men were originally created by the same company (Marvel Comics)!!

The mutants of the X-Men are of a different type than those of Mutant X!! Apparently Marvel wanted to create two groups of super-powered mutants. Also; apparently, they wanted each group to be different. The mutants of Mutant X are not just Mutants. They are NEW mutants. There is a difference. Genetic mutation which gives people super powers is a fairly common and recurring theme in science fiction. However, I don't see X-Men fans complaining about all of the other instances of mutants!!

Edited on 01/04/2011 1:14pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mxcmm

[80]Jan 8, 2011
    Horror Channel in the Uk or the Sky Network is airing eps of Mutant X this month. If anyone lives in England or gets Sky Network give ita looksy...

That was one of the problems with Mutant X, a lot of people assumed it just a plain old rip off of X men. Even though it really wasn't, it just needed to time to grow and develop like X men.