Mutant X

(ended 2004)

Gislef

Mutant X Fan Reviews (40)

• A different kind of X-Men.

The show is set in the future and revolves around New Mutants. Especially a group called Mutant X.

There are four different kinds of mutants. Mutant X are composed of one of each kind. Shalimar is Feral, Brennan is Elemental, Emma is Psionic and Jesse is Molecular. In Season 3 Lexa is brought in, she is an Elemental Mutant.

The power a New Mutant possesses develop, and with each change they must learn to handle their new ability. This is something that proves too hard for many. In addition New Mutants are viewed as an abomination, they must keep hidden. And as not all cannot manage their own power it is near impossible to keep the ordinary people away form the knowledge of New Mutants.

The show has an appearance of having had a large budget, I do not know if it did or not. The special effects for the different powers are amazinging to watch.

Instead of keeping a superficial view of the character with the show only containing fights that are nice to watch we are served with developing characters. As the episodes pass we find out how the members of Mutant X have lived their lives before, how they live now, and what they do to handle their current lives.

Persionally I enjoyed this show and I'm glad it got as long a run as it did, but I would have loved more.
  • Trendy, Charismatic, Preternatural

Only three seasons of this one, it was such a fantastic show, I wish we had it back. The characters, Adam, Jesse, Shalimar, Emma, Brennen, and Lexa were so diverse and incredibly formidable as well as charismatic. I have such an affinity for things super or preternatural and this show gave us a host of both. The development of the plot was spot on and trendy. The increase in the characters powers was well rounded. The writing and dialogue were terrific. The show did justice to the comic is was derived from. I would have liked to have seen more mutants with more abilities, staying more in tune with the actual comic book, but I suppose with a budget that would have been nearly impossible. Therefore, I think that with what the show had to work with, it was well done and very creative. It'll be a show that I'll miss yet will continue to watch when it's in syndication.
  • Four powerful mutants (Brennan, Jesse, Emma, & Shalimar) ban together with the Scientist who helped to mutate them, Adam Kane, and try to rid the world of the mutants/scientists who want to use their powers for "evil," so to speak. When Emma dies, Lexa Pi

I loved this show so much! I can't believe they left it with such a cliffhanger finale. It wasn't right to do to the show's loyal fans.

I say we all deserve another season, to make things right (and an appearance by Emma, so they can have a proper goodbye).

~Camille~
  • Where have all the good men gone?

The recipe for sucess in sci-fi, hot guys and hot girls. This show had both.

Two ex-soap opera actors gave the show popularity with women. Victor Websters looks and marital art skills combined with the genuine adorable turned hot looks of Forbes March who posses a great sense of humor were more than enough to keep the female viewers hooked. Some even fell for John Shea, who's acting experience greatly helped the show as it was getting started.

For the men, a string of beautiful ladies. Lauren Lee Smith, Victoria Pratt, and Karen Cliche were all wonderful actresses, and the fact that they could all wear such slinky out fits helped.

Of course beyond all of that there was just the basic plot line. Genetic experiment gone wrong, a goverment corporation gone currupt, and a group of male and female hotties fighting the bad guys. It is what every one loves. The only question is, why did only one new mutant not have a great body? All the rest sure seemed to be in pretty good shape!
  • about Mutant X

My name is Julia. Excuse me, please, for my bad English. I'm from Russia. I know about show (or move) "Mutant X" no very much information, but I think it is good show. I want to know about this show, and I hope I see this move full time someday.
  • I like the idea but sometimes the story is a bit scattered.

I do like the idea. I have always wanted to ahve powers like they have but the story is always just a bit random. They are always chasing the evil white haired guy... thats good but ten they are trying to save random people and finding people like themselves and saving them. thats ok though becasue it is still a pretty good show. I also love their hide out in the mountains. and omg their plane thing is so to die for. It is gorgeous and sleek. and I love the characters. omg Jesse Kilmarten is so hot. and Brennen is kind of hot aswell. and even the females in the show aren't that bad. so over all I really like this show.
  • A project to create mutants results in them being released into the population. One of the scientists responsible has sworn to try and help them, while his partner, plans on using the project for his own. Adam assembles four mutants and forms the group \

I liked X-Men the cartoon and I like this show. That\'s apparently weird and wrong to many people. The plots explore a lot of issues about genetic testing and the consequences of trying to play God. Ultimately, we screw ourselves up and create a race that we want to get rid of because they\'re more powerful. It\'s the human weakness to want to run things but then can\'t control it and get in over our head. Anyone who came on Xena, I\'ll watch their shows. Hence I watch Mutant X for V. Pratt because she played Cyane on Xena and Sarge on Cleo 2525. The show is good though. Adam is starting to make a comeback (saw that coming) and Emma\'s gone. I\'m happy about that. She had no personality and was just annoying. Her powers were cool though. The show\'s premise is Adam, a geneticist, who takes in 4 powerful mutants to help them control their powers and to fight to protect all mutants. Shalimar, the feral, who\'s very territorial and protective of the crew; Jesse, the masser/phaser, can walker through walls or become one and is a little naive, but he\'s coming out of that. They usually have him staying at Sanctuary doing computer tricks and he never gets any action. Brennan, the electric guy, can electrocute things and is a playboy, but has a sweet side. Basic pretty boy, but he and Shal may have something going on. And Lexa, new to the group. She can bend light to become invisible and to form a laser, ouch! She works for the secret gov\'t group The Dominion, but she\'s got her ow agenda and may be as much out of the loop as Mutant X. Adam\'s coming back to run things because I think he was betrayed. Anywho, great show. Good concepts. I lost touch with it for awhile, but I like where I\'m at now. Watch it.

• Mutant X is the greatest show ever!

First, I want to address the X-Men fans. Mutant X is not a rip off of the X-Men!! Mutant X and the X-Men were created by the same company (Marvel Comics)!! The X-Men are natural mutants (they were given their power through natural biological process). The mutants of Mutant X were given their power through genetic engineering!! Fox sued Marvel for "trademark infringement". Fox lost more than once!! Now I want to address my favorite television show (Mutant X). I love this show. This show is not only entertaining but also touching. The main characters are tragic heroes who are hated by the world because they are different. It is the people who made them different that hat them them most. Also people closest to them (family and friends hate them). Also, the only people that new mutants can rely on is each other. Even one of the heroes dies.

The plot of Mutant X is brilliant. It speaks of a distrust of big government and corporations which people feel in real life. It also speaks of science gone wrong. The story is awesome. Think about it. Mutant X is a group of four people who come together because of their gifts. And they use these gifts to help the world. These four people who were once strangers become almost like a family. These people are led, helped and sometimes protected by the man who made them the way they are. He didn't abandon them. The acting and writing are very good. The acting has a dynamic and unique style. That isn't often seen elsewhere. The dialogue is very good and has few if any "cliches". The fight scenes are awesome. The actors who were in Mutant X studied pugilistic arts in real life. When Emma and Shalimar were fighting it almost looked elegant.

The music on Mutant X was great. Each scene seemed to have the music in it tailored for it. The soundtrack even has Vivaldi.

The set and costume design were beautiful. The sanctuary set really looked like a warm and inviting sanctuary. The costume design by Laurie Drew was handsome on the guys and hot on the gals.

The people who made this show put a lot of love, time thought and effort into it.
  • This show was greatness.

I haven't really heard anything as of late about this show. But I guess I know now that it's canceled...I absolutely loved this show. I think it went downhill after Emma Delaro(Lauren Lee Smith) left the show and Adam Kane (John Shea) for a little while. They got a new girl to take Emma's place...was it Lexa? I think that was her name played by Karen Cliche. I hardly watched it after that. My personal favorite was Shalimar played by Victoria Pratt. She was a feral and I guess you had to watch the show on a regular basis to get it and like it.
  • Group of genetically altered people that team up to save their own people and the world.

This show was my favorite show before it was canceled. With new shows like heroes and 4400 I am not as bummed, but this show was the greatest. I love all for original characters. Emma was awesome and I was hoping they would bring her back somehow. But too late, the show is over. I wished they finished the story. I felt so uneasy with how the show ended. I keep hoping beyond hope that they will bring back this show. But now it is too late. All the actors are doing their own thing now and I doubt a reunion special is going to happen. Too bad.
  • Great show, with good reviews only died because the producers ran into money trouble and had to pull season 4 at the last minute. Therefor it didn't end. The plot and characters got better every season. Fans need more!!!

This show was GREAT! The characters got better every season, and even after 3 years there would still be a fan base if someone would just pick it up and finish it. The producers got into money trouble, but the show had good reviews and ending it with so many cliffhangers isn't fair to the viewers. It would take some work, but if someone picked it up the series had a lot going for it and they could give it at least one more season probably more if they advertised it right. The characters were getting more interesting and things were finally reaching a climax for Brennon and Shalimar, while Lexa was coming out of her self chosen shell and Jessie was taking on more leadership skills because Adam wasn't around as much. All of them were getting stronger, and then it just died. At the very least they need to do some sort of ending whether as a mini-series or a movie. Some people I know are wondering if a petition would work, I'd sign.
  • super mutants on the mutant x team.Feral, Psyonic, Electric Elemental and and a Molecular. The climax is awesome and so if everything!!!

This T.V show is great, well not great great great but it's great and wonderful.

Every episode is filled with surprises and different outcomes and I like to pair them up JessexEmma and BrennanxShalimar.
    I don't know if you have noticed but Brennan and Shalimar are very over protective of each other.Once in an episode I think it was Body and Soul Shalimar was getting all crushy on this guy and Brennan was really jealous and in another episode Crossroad of the Souls when Brennan got trapped in a city and when the rest of the team found him and Shalimar saw him with a girl and was aslo fuming with jealousy.

So you see they were meant to be because in Whose woods are these they almost kissed. Enough said so not gonna say more bye xx
  • Four young people with superpowers, given to them by Adam Kane. Helping other people having powers.

I really like the first season, it's original, I like the storylines and the development of the main characters. Even the special effects are pretty good. But then, the second season.. well.. At the beginning of the season the storylines are still pretty good, but after a few episodes, Mutant X starts looking more and more like the 'power rangers', and I really HATE the power rangers. Even the special effect aren't what they were in the first season. And when Emma dies.. well.. that's the point where I stopped watching. I don't like this Lexa-girl. Emma could've developed so much further. But still, it's a good show. The first season will always be one of my favorite tv-show seasons!
  • I love Mutant X, it has been a favorite T.V. show of mine for years.

As I stated above, I love Mutant X and it has been a favorite television show of mine for years! My favoritism of this show is not negated by the fact that it has been off air for around four years! Mutant X is one of those things that is not only entertaining but also very touching as well. The actors and actresses who were on the show were extremely talented and the characters they played had a lot of depth and expressed the full spectrum of human emotion very well. I especially loved the character "Emma", who was played by the exceptionaly talented actress Lauren Lee Smith. I not only love this show but miss it and wish it were still on T.V. and I wish Emma were still part of the show. Oh and the SciFi was excellent as well!
  • WAOU !! now we can see the real Emma, I mean there're two Emma. the Emma who's always shy, afraid of her onw powers and another one. she rocks !!

what an episode !! we discover another side of miss delauro : she can be sexy, powerful and absolutely amazing !! that's my girl. I like the other Emma, she was so funny, like a little girl who doesn't want to be punished !! the mutantx team doesn't really know what to do as the real Emma is a bit of the good and the evil. this episode was really good because it shows that even a mutant like Emma has a dark side !
    the writters were very good ! I like the moment when she's in Genomex and the fight the ASG's agents !! waou !! she rocks ! well done Emma, you're the best
  • A television offshott of the Marvel Comics brand. Lasted only 3 seasons but it was a great show.

This how is about Mutant X, a group of powerful mutants led by geneticist Adam Kane. You might think Mutant X...X-Men, same difference...but you would be wrong. Mutant X was definitely targeted at a younger more in style audience...but then again it is still based on the fantasy world of Marvel Comics...so the audience didn't extend very far beyond comic book lovers like myself. The show had plenty of action and a lot of drama as well. I prefer the first two seasons becaue I have a thing for Lauen Lee Smith who played Emma DeLoro, a young tele-empathic mutant. The actors in this show have gone on to star in other shows like CSI and Charmed, mostly in guest starring roles. It's worth checking out if you are a big Marvel Comics fan or if you'd like to get more into the Marvel Universe.
  • Actually after season 3 started, it got better and more interesting. I know many will say it sucked but I really didn\\\'t think so.

Each episode in season 3 got more interesting and more character development. Adam going away for a while was actually a good thing for the 3 consistent characters to grow a little more, become independent from their \\\"leader\\\". Lexa\\\'s entry was awkward at first but the chemistry with Jesse made up for it eventually.

Last episode left it hanging a little bit but knowing it was going to be cancelled, the writers did give some closure to who is behind the Dominion and who Adam really is. But no closure to what is going to happen to Lexa, Brennan and Shal, whether they will die when their clocks stop tickking or will they find the cure like Jesse.

I know there will not be a season 4 but still kind of wish that it will happen.
  • Unfinished Business!!!

At first, I was like.. mmmm John Shea... will he drop out again... and he did!!!.. but nevertheless.. the show was fun.. the actors were cool and the plots were interesting enough.

Now.. of course, is the tragedy that because of some money mismanagement, this show is on hiatus.. it's not resolved at all.. end of season 3 was a huge cliffhanger.. and since then.. it's been re-run city for the show.

So, anyways, Mutant X is another Slider show.. unresolved and we want an ending.....

Gosh.. it would certainly help their DVD sales for sure, I would suspect!

Bring Season 4!!!
  • I like very much... Mas não era meu programa favorito, fiquei triste quando cortaram o seriado sem um final plausível, coisa comum nos EUA. Mas vejo isso como uma falta de respeito com quem assiste, mesmo que seja apenas 1% da população, essa deve ser res

Axava a série interessante, e muito criativa, terminarem com ela foi uma pena, mas aparentemente ela não dava resultados. Axo incrível isso ter aontecido, já que muitos amigos meus acompanhavam diariamente.
    Muitas série piores continuam passando. Relamente uma pena. Mas provavelmente alguém do alto escalão não gostava da série e ela não deveria render, né?
  • Season 1 and 2 were the best and 3 was ok. I hated that Emma died I think they should of just killed adam off instead!

This is a really great show. Im glad they still show it here! All the other old good shows were taken off the air for these dumb and idiotic new ones! Well overall this is one of my personal favorites and I think that they should of made atleast another season!
  • It's about a rogue lab experiment causing normal people to have mutant gene,which resulted with development of super abilities.From there on, the firm that performed the experiment starts to hunt down these people and our heroes form a group to stop them.

I think it is the most underappreciated show of all times. It may be problematic with character development due to the nature of the show but at least lovers of Gibson style cyberpunk should love this show. Also dont forget that everyone's favorite Smallville basicly follows a lamer storyline where the experiment is the meteor shower and the mutant gene is kryptonite.

I really think this show was the victim of poor management.
  • Mutant X would have been a better tv show if they had finished it. I mean to make season 4 too .

Mutant X`s first two seasons were pretty good (in my opinion) until at the end of seson two when Emma died. And Lexa replaced ger in season three. Who was the son of a b***h who had that stupid idea. I liked Lexa, but I think Emma was better in that role. If you get over that you found another problem: after season three there is no other season, after season three ends quite strange and which makes you put yourself a lot of questions like "Well I didn`t understand that...What`s going on next?".
    In conclusion I can say that Mutant X was just a unoriginal tv show without an end.
  • Even this goes beyond what I can stomach

I may be a fan of hot guys, but I can't stomach too much of this dreck. It ruins the X-men for all of us and also mocks the sci-fi genre. It could have been so good too. What a disapointment. If only they hadn't killed off Emma or what's her name. She was my favorite.
  • Mutant X is a different kind of show that's out of this world... literally.

Mutant X, a government agency's secret experiments gone wrong producing a whole new breed of humans, mutants. The government agency, known as Genetics Security Agency, is now hunting down these certain individuals and trying to kill them. Although, there is a group that fights back and they use their powers to take down the evil government agents.

This group of 4 mutants is led by Adam Kane. Adam ia a regular man who helped in creating the 'Mutant X' team. Although he has no supernatural powers like the rest, he specials in the fields of genetics, medicine, computers, and a skilled martial artist, not to mention he is the founder of this group.

The group of 4 includes Jesse Kilmartin (Forbes March), Brennan Mulwray (Victor Webster), Shalimar Fox (Victoria Pratt), and Emma deLauro (Lauren Lee Smith). Yet in the third season Emma is dead and Lexa Pierce (Karen Cliche) takes over her role as the new mutant that joins the group. Jesse is a Molecular, Brennan is an Elemental, Shalimar is a Feral, Emma is a Psychic, and Lexa is an Elemental.

They stay in a hidden cave where all their equipment is located. And now these 4 mutants, and scientist, are trying to control their own powers as well as protect the innocent mutants from the government agents.

Mutant X was a great show that i believe shouldn't have ended. I loved the show and wish it could have lasted a lot longer, but I have to admit that I'm lucky that they have aired as long as they did.
  • X-Men meets....???

I think the show had potential.... There were times where it was definitely unitentionally funny where it should have been serious or action packed! I had to laugh... Though I must say that a lot of it was awesome. Good story line ideas, but they could've done more with them. The cast had great chemistry, too. All in all it was great late-night, re-run & weekend viewing.
  • After the huge success of the X-Men cartoon series, Marel decided to make a TV series about mutants. So, this is what they came up with.

Ok, so I expected a lot of mutant battles and cool special effects from this show. What did I get? 4 mutants with rather cool powers, a lot of evil mutants and a compicated story-line. Am I pleased? NO. I liked the special effects, the battles between the mutants and even the plot...up to a point. This showi s bad because it is turned into a soap opera 1/3 of an episode being filled with corny remarks between the characters. There are a lot of hand to hand battles and mutant powers are unexplicably not used. The plot gets a bit too complicated and I really hated season 3, because Emma is replaced. All in all, I don't think it will have the success of X-Men. More muants, more action, less romance, less plot turns and it would have been extremly cool.
  • mutant x is about a team who has special abilities and they used them to help other mutants from being hunted down by the people who made them.

adam(john shea)was part of this government group who decide to take this humans and do experiments on them.for reasons youll have to find out about by watching.

the mutant x project created lots of mutants with different powers but this mutants dont live that long.

the government thought the project had become uncontrolable so they order a recall.

they sent men after this mutatns to kill them and bring them back to the lab that they were made at.

adam felt bad about this recall thing and put together a group of powerful mutants to help others mutants out and this was a way for adam tofeel like he was repaying for all his sinsthat he didto this people.

so with adam as the leaderand his team membersshamilar(victoria pratt) with cat like powers,brennan(victor webster) who can project electricity,emma(lauren lee smith)who was an empath and could control others feelings and thoughts,and jess(forbers march)who can turn his body into a shiled or make it like a ghost where he can walk throught stuff.

the show has great writing,the powers are so unique and used very well,and the show does have alot of twists and turns.

the only4 problems i have are:

1.i hate when people compare this to x-men sure its simaliar but alot of scifi shows have the same kind of plot people need to keep over themselves x-men isnt the only show out there.this really isnt a problem.

i have 3 problems with the show

1stproblem is when they killed one of the members off and brong in a new person when they didnt have to bring in someone else new.

2nd. as a guy who a fan of this show alot of the people on this show are alittle bit too good looking which kind of makes it not so real but u get over that pretty quick.

3rd.it was suppose to go to a 4th season and then it never happened so the show is left on a cliffhanger:(

overall i like the powers that used,the writing is very good,every actor play their character well very,the stories are intersting and suspensefuland this show is very good.

so with3 things i hate and 4 things i like its 40/60 but the show does get extra more points for being very intersting and keep me coming back for more and more and more no matter how sometimes the stories get silly.

• the sexy version of x-men

BRING IT BACK!!!
    i started watching mutant x during it's third season and i was immedietly hooked. especially after having seen the season finale i couldn't wait for it to come back, but then of course it just had to go and get cancelled....which totally bummed me out. another show lost in syndication...
  • good show at first

7.6
    i thought the first season of this show was awesome. it went downhill from there. the premise for the show was great. the stories were pretty cool, but the way they did the special effects were kind of lame. i think that the feral girl should have wolfed out in some form instead of just doing that stupid thing with her eyes.
  • " MUTANT X " chronicles the adventures of MUTANT-X , a team of human mutants possessing extraordinary powers as a result of genetic engineering.

7.1
    Like hundreds of other unsuspecting subjects, these new mutants were altered in secret experiments conducted in a covert government project. Realizing that events have spun out of control, the organization that created them is now hunting them... Not a show that I would watch on a regular basis. I accidentally rented disc 2 of Season 1 didnt watch it from the beggining but I dont think it would of made a difference if I did watch from the start. It still was not the most exciting show i have seen.
< 1 2