Mutant X

(ended 2004)

Gislef

Mutant X Fan Reviews (40)

• This is NOT the X-Men...

A cheap version of X-Men in every sense of the word:

The plots were so ridiculous and childish that I'm still wondering to which age group this series was directed to. When I started to watch the first season, I was totally dismayed, and actually stopped watching the show once. I eventually wanted to push to the end, and it got better at some point... but not much.

The show had a very strong pattern when it came to ending the episodes; it just so happened that the bad guys/key suspects died most of the time. Of course, that is a good way to end the plot, no repercussions, no questions, no loose ends. A clean slate.

And it has to be mentioned; most of the beginning of season one ended with a ridiculous group shot of the team, often walking towards the camera, looking "cool". That had me rolling my eyes, every time. So not cool, but comical, rather.

Especially on the first season, the "animation" was so terrible it was like a joke. The fighting scenes and Matrix-like slow motion didn't working at all, and it was easy to tell the punches and kicks didn't meet their marks. That got better on seasons 2 and 3, but the animation was still pretty bad.

The characters didn't evolve much, and some of them went over the same problems over and over again in several episodes (like Shalimar, who often fell for the bad guy because they had some kind of "bond" - and usually said guy died in the end).

I don't think I ever liked any of the characters for real, and while there was slight improvement in them by the end, they were kind of simple and repeating the same moves over and over again.

All in all, I don't think I'm going to watch this show again. Going through it once was pretty painful, watching the stiff acting and weak plots. I think most of the viewers of the show could write better storylines, and that's kind of sad, because the idea behind Mutant-X wasn't bad at all.