MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Spike TV (ended 2007)

MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Don't Get Eliminated !!!! Most Extreme Elimination Challenege is something you can watch on tv that allows you to not take life, tv or yourself seriously. This is much needed programming.

Every night I wait to see what events the contestants are going to participate in and recently I am glad to say that there is more variety as it was beginning to get stale ... well that isn't the right wording ... they were just doing the same events and with a show like that you can't have that as you need new and exciting stupid things happening to people. I do also like how the announcers pick on n tease Guy or Gee (as it sounds) .... has he gotten any yet ??? hahhahha
    I am looking forward to showing my son some of the episodes but I forget to tape them. I want him to see the horse racing ones as he likes the ponies and also I want him to see the ones with the boulders rolling down a hill at them. There are so many other events that are great. Has it been considered putting these on dvds ??? Also I think if Americans don't take themselves so seriously I think there is the potential for a show in the US where you could have Americans do this stuff (use college students for crying out loud) and then dub over what they say .....
  • The funniest show I have seen.

If you love watching comedy and people doing weird things, this is the show for you. I love all the different stunts, especially the Sinkers and Floaters, the Ball Drop, Pole Riders, Horse Racing and many others. Definately worth a watch!

Gotta love all the different characters that they dub over as well, sometimes I really wonder exactly what they were saying in the Japanese version, because you know the English isn't even close, but it seems to match up with the movements and interactions at times.

I hope they keep making these shows, but I wonder how much more content they have, as the Japanese version only went a few seasons if I remember correctly.
  • The show that puts the f-u back in fun!

This game show originates from a japansese show from the 80s called "Takeshi's Castle" hosted by Beat Takeshi and his sidekick Higashi. The entire show has been dubbed into English..but rather comedic English. Takeshi and Higashi play the two hosts of the show, Vic Romono and Kenny Blankenship. A lot of the stuff said in the show is dirty, and the contestants are given fake names with references to past events.

ex: Halle Berry's hit-and-run charge
    Janet Jackson's Wardrobe Malfunction
    Some video games like the "Godfather" or GTA
    And a bunch of other stuff.

It's really funny when Vic is always yelling at Kenny and hitting him in the head with his fan. Season 3 and 4 are showing a lot of stuff involving Vic and Kenny doing rather weird stunts. It makes up for some great entertainment!

9/10
  • MXC is funny, witty, risque at times and always entertaining. You couldn't really call it an attempt at serious TV programming, but it is a great guilty pleasure.

7.9
    This is a show which originates in Japan and is stereotypically Japan-frenetic. Something is always in motion on the show. Somebody is always running, jumping or falling down. The obstacles and challenges are unique and sometimes very elaborate. The contestants take some very hard bumps at times and come up smiling. It makes one wonder if they aren't hiring stunt players for each episode, and just recycling them, show-by-show. The Anglo names and the overdubbed voices, the costumes and way out antics make this show just really entertaining and a great time killer between the news and the Law & Order re-runs.

The script is very funny, the characters themselves are comedic in the extreme and even the names of the teams andplayers makes you laugh.

I have actually recommended this program to friends.
  • This show rocks! It ismy favorite show! It is so funny, and painful! Guy LeDouche is so hilarious!

This show rocks! It ismy favorite show! It is so funny, and painful! Guy LeDouche is so hilarious! j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j jj j
  • OMG I love this show! Seeing people run up a hill in a confined space and get hit by bolders is like one of the funniest things you could watch. Seeing people run across a flimsy bridge and get hit by painted vollyballs great! I diffinitly recommend this

OMG I love this show! Seeing people run up a hill in a confined space and get hit by bolders is like one of the funniest things you could watch. Seeing people run across a flimsy bridge and get hit by painted vollyballs great! I diffinitly recommend this show but im not sure when it comes on or if its gonning to last much longer.
  • MXC is the best spike tv show and i can't get enough of it. It is sooo funny and looks painful. Coooooooool!!!!!!

MXC is the one of the funniest and best reality tv show and I can't get enough of it. I watch it everytime it comes on and I even have it in my favorite shows list. Who don't like seeing other people get hurt and you are the one that laughs because you know it is funny and it is.
  • So cool, so funny, and so painful.

Pros: very funny dialogue; fun games; innuendo!

Cons: what are the characters really saying?

MXC (short for Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) is basically a Japanese reality show from the 80s or so that has been redubbed in America with hilarious results.

The voice acting is off the wall, the games look fun, and the falls look like they hurt A LOT. The girls in particular seem to take the worst of the hits.

The voiceovers by Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship are filled with clever innuendoes and puns. But the dialogue really borders on being just plain stupid. But isn't that the whole point of MXC? We're here to laugh at the witty dialogue of Vic and Kenny and the misfortunes of the contestants.
  • TIS ROCKS

best tv ever soooooo funny and witty i was a fan of the show takehi's castle the show it from i was so happy when MXC came. so now i need to fiil space i will repeat best tv ever soooooo funny and witty i was a fan of the show takehi's castle the show it from i was so happy when MXC came. so now i need to fiil space i will repeat
  • cool show with funny narrators

MXC is a good show that is better than people anticipated. The voice overs are hilarious, and very unpredictable. Although its funny its starting to go down hill at a not so fast not so slow speed. It could use a bit more games because some of them are getting old.
  • it's really not that funny

When this show first came out I liked it. but as they came out with more episodes I realized that each episode was almost exactly like the last. It's the same thing every episode. they have a little game show, make up some gay name for the teams and then (like every episode) climb walls, swing on a rope, go through a maze. you know, that sort of thing.There is one thing I like about this episode and that would be the dialoge that they make up for the japanese people. Overall, this show is honestly not that great.
  • Stupid stunts and toilet humour, what else could you ask for? MXC is a japanese show with people replacing the japanese voices with english voices resulting in hilarious dialogue.

MXC is a comedy/reality/japanese show about two different groups of people doing stupid things for no aparent reason. The humour level on this show is very high. One time on a game the losers had to be in the front row of a Celine Dion concert and they started falling over on their sides and one guy was lying flat on his face and Kenny said " Hey! He's cheating, he killed himself." LOL! This show makes you laugh when the people hurt themselves, this show freaking rocks! Anyone who likes to watch people get hurt will love love this show. Its on every thursday at 9:00 on SPIKEtv.
  • A great show with lots of laughs

The show is a personal favorite. AS the classifications says who thought of this. Using a Japanese Game Show with American commentator’s genius. But watching I have to think that the commentators have to as high as a kite. They would have to smoke a lot of weed to be able to come up with the crazy names and commentary. My favorite bit about the show would have to the most painful elimination of the day. My favorite characters are Guy and Kenny. Well the again stinky is a barrel of laughs. My favorite events are the rolling logs they have to run across that I forget there names of. Also the one where they have to run up the mountain and dodge the rolling boulders made of foam. TTFN
  • One of the best

When i first saw this show, i almost died laughing. This is an excellent show for EVERYONE to watch. What they do in the show is what makes it hilarious. My favorite is the one where they have to stick to the wall by swinging into it. That always cracks me up. 10/10.
  • Off the wall (literally)

The first time I saw this show, I was in Austria, visiting a friend of mine. The wacky stunts and hilarious antics of the contestants were funny enough, and the show was something that I couldn't understand the words to, but everybody could understand the humor.
    Soon after, I learned that the show (formerly called Takeshi's Castle), was going to be remade and dubbed in English. The wacky antics of the contestants are funny enough, but the true beauty of MXC lies in the commentating. Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship layer over everything they say with innuendo, and what they say and what the people do are a perfect combination. However, the only downfall of the show is that the producers of the game in Japan made new contests, which aren't as good as the original one, but are still good enough to get a good chuckle.
  • A total cult classic!

What a great show this is-A show that could never be made here! You really have to give it to the writers on this show for everything that Kenny and Vic say--its a laugh a minute. If you have never seen the show before, Have a seat and prepare to be rolling on the floor laughing at the length some people will go to win a game--My personal fave episodes are "Finance vs Liquor" and "Monsters vs Mascots". Its probablt a good idea to record the shows because one viewing is not enough. Like Kenny says.. "Dont get eliminated!" Thank you
  • A classic Japanese game show which is ported over to the US and dubbed over with hilarious commentary.

I watched the first airing a few years ago and fell in love with it. There were times I turned blue from laughing so much w/out catching my breath. I highly recommend the show to anyone who has a keen sense of humor and a sharp wit. However, you must be able to understand and withstand numerous sexual innuendos. The action is non-stop and the commentary delivers comedy gold. A friend of mine from Japan actually watched the original "Takeshi's Castle" and said that the original version was racy but that the port is way more funny.
  • Two teams battle it out to win.

This show is awesome beacause you get to see japanesse people go through crazy stunts to win in this extreme action comedy show.Some of the stunts include Eat Shittake,Saddle Sores,Irriable bowl syndrome,Dope on a rope,Tumbling dominos of doom,Boulder dash,Buck off,Runaway stump!and many,many,many more.
    Mxc is also known as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.This currently airs on spike tv.In Japan it is known as Takeshi`s Castle.Mxc is best action comedy show ever created by man!
    This message is from BATTLESTAR94!Another stunt in this show is Dash to death.
  • MXC is a game show imported from Japan and dubbed over in English and totally manipulated for your viewing pleasure! Watch people get beaten up and down in various stunts and laugh all the way until you wet your pants!

I stumbled upon this show back when Spike TV was still TNN probably around late 2003 or so. I must say it was one of the funniest accidents I've ever stumbled upon! I even had the chance to partake in stunts myself. I participated in MXC Almost Live when they filmed at Universal Studios Florida. I made it on TV too! I was the guy in the prisoner outfit who fell through the logs. This is a show you should definitely try, it will NOT disappoint!
  • Oh, yes! Very funny indeed!!!!!!

It's always funny to see people hitting a wall really hard or falling face-first into different "fluids". It's a great, action-packed show, with all kinds of different jokes and games that make me bust a gut. It's really weird none of the contestants on the show don't get hurt, even when playing Log Jam, Boulder Dash, or Sinkers and Floaters.
  • Great, great show.

The action in the show is enough to watch with the Japanese people getting hurt in some really, really funny and hilarious, and especially challenging obstacles. The games are great and sometimes that makes me want to go out and actually play with them. But the dubbing over the orignal audio makes this show great because they add clever comments and really make the show fall on the floor hilarious. Grade A material.
  • awsome and funny. I love this show

I tottally love this show. I watch this show every thrusday. my favorite character is guy le douche because he is sooooooooooooooo funny and weird and i love it. My family and my japenese friend watches it. Mei told me it is really called inside takishis castle but that title didnt really make any sence.
  • funny? in the sense of weirdness. Voice over all cool

MXC is by far the best reason to watch spike TV, and basic cable in general. spike TV's lineup usually consists of hours of CSI, wrestling, star trek, and more wrestling. but shows like this and Hey! spring of trivia! make late night TV more worthwhile, (not to mention the last call mainstay; Max-x) The dialog is hilarious. my favorite stunt is the log rolling one, because EVERYONE takes a fall on it. I have a feeling the Japanese version is nowhere near as clever, and being trimmed down to 30 minutes probably does it justice. what a lot of folks don't know is that the main character Takeshi (Vic Romano) starred in a lot of violent Japanese fighting movies like "battle royal". the Japanese like to see grown men in tricycle races, but they don't get to enjoy the winner shouting triumphantly "I won! I won! Kiss my ass!" Be sure to look for the contestant named "babaganoosh" every episode. Don't get ELiminated!
  • MXC is an action packed and very funny show.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is one od the best shows on Spike TV. Every episode is hilarious. The show is actually a reality show in Japan, but with one big change. The two commentators talk Japanese, so two people play for them comically. It is one of the best parts of the show. All of the wild stunts the contestants do are funny as well. MXC is great and I hope it gets off hiatus soon.
  • The funniest thing I have seen on TV in a while!

Oh my God, this is the funniest show on TV right now! It's like watching a car crash, you just can't turn away. I love the bad overdubs of the announcers and contestants! They say the funniest things! Whoever came up with this is a genius! The show is totally unlike any game show or reality show I have ever seen. I love the recap of the hardest hits at the end of the show, it's great! The things people will do to be on TV. (Me included.) Some of the stunts look like they would be a lot of fun! I love this show! Very original and loads of fun! Let's get it on!!
  • MXC is hilarious!

If you want a good laugh, you'd better watch this show. It has Japanese people doing these really outrageous and stupid things and their voices are overdubbed by actors. They make a lot of sexual jokes, funny sayings, and hard courses. It's very surprizing how these Japanese people don't get hurt during this show... Overall, it's a perfect 10!
  • If you like seeing people get hurt, funny dialog, or sexual jokes - this show is for you!

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is an old Japanese game show that has been dubbed over in funny english. The games that are played are completley bizar. My personal favorite games are when the contestants run across rocks in a river. Some rocks are real and others are floaters. It is hillarious to watch people do a face plant into a stepping rock. Another favorite is called log rollers. People must run across spinning logs at different hights without falling. It is very rare to see someone make it successfully. If I watched this show everyday I would probably get tired of it, but once a week or so is the perfect fix. You can fing MXC on Spike TV. This show is highly recommended.
  • Two teams of people in a certain occupational field compete in extreme stunts.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) is a show where people compete in events that are dangerous and just plain hilarious to watch. The hosts, Kenny Blankesnship and Vic Romano, always have funny comments to make on contenstants, from telling the audience what they do for a living to comment in a rather dirty way what a contestant did right or wrong. This is a really funny show and is something that should not be missed by anyone. (as long as you're not someone who doesn't like to see people getting hurt) The show's main funny points comes from the hilarious Japanese dubbing, the funny (yet dirty) comments, hearing the people's names, and most of all, just seeing the constestants do terrible at trying to complete a task.
  • MXC ROCKS!!! WHOO HOO!!! HAAAANK LIIIIIKE!!!

What a show!!! Take old footage from a classic 1980s Japanese game show, tape new dialogue over it involving lots of double entendres, scatological and sexual humor, and add a play by play as you watch crazy people fall in to muddy water and get hurt on all kinds of wild apparatuses and that is the recipie for MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challege!!!

RIGHT YOU ARE, KEN!!!

Indeed!!!

LET'S GIT IT ON!!!

AUW HAW HAW! GUYYYYY LIIIIIKE!!!
  • wow, this show is awsome! but its cruel, c'mon it says the ppl are suffering from broken boes. (yah i know, its fake)

omg, i love japenese shows, they are awsome! i wanna see the real show, what they got this from, which is Takeoshi's Castle. thats what they got the footage of the show from. i think it would be better if they had another show from this, but the real version. but, the show is cool. =}
1 2 3