MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Spike TV (ended 2007)

MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Fan Reviews (64)

• Only funny for the first season

0.8
    The first seasonw as great. It quickly became one of my favorite show. after almost a year they bring it back with almost none of the edgy humour that it had before. You can also tell that they ran out of footage from the old japanese show when they show karaoke as one of the events.
  • it's really not that funny

When this show first came out I liked it. but as they came out with more episodes I realized that each episode was almost exactly like the last. It's the same thing every episode. they have a little game show, make up some gay name for the teams and then (like every episode) climb walls, swing on a rope, go through a maze. you know, that sort of thing.There is one thing I like about this episode and that would be the dialoge that they make up for the japanese people. Overall, this show is honestly not that great.
  • Smart choise!

6.9
    I laughed at the show when it was on Spike. Now my whole family laughs at it on DVD. The special features are great too, which include - one episode of the original Japanese game show, and the Top 25 Most Painful Eliminations (from Season One). Another special feature is the original pilot which includes some games not seen on the TV episodes. I can't wait for more seasons to come out on DVD. It will be great to get together with a group of friends and all laugh together. Anyone who has not seen MXC will be amazed at their own reactions - a mixture of laughter and 'ohhhhhhhh's when they see the sometimes painful crashes during competitions. And how funny is it that during a rope tug'o'war some contestants end up pulling against a cow without knowing it?

The commentary by Vic and Kenny overlaid on the original shows is just as funny as the competitions.
  • mxc is hilarious

6.9
    MXC is the greatest laugh out loud show of all time. The stunts these contestants attempt to pull off while they are mockingly dubbed over by announcers Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship will keep you rolling on the floor. From their witty commentary to the clothes they wear, names they have, and titles of the challenges that they hold are worth a laugh in themselves.As a loyal viewer of MXC on Spike, I was wondering if the show would ever be released on DVD. Much to my delight, last week I discovered Season 1 would soon be out. After receiving it in the mail today and watching a few episodes, I remembered how great Season 1 was. My all-time favorite episode Adult Entertainment vs. Home Improvement put me in tears earlier today. A must have for any X-head out there!! It also makes a great gift for any college kid.
  • MXC is funny, witty, risque at times and always entertaining. You couldn't really call it an attempt at serious TV programming, but it is a great guilty pleasure.

7.9
    This is a show which originates in Japan and is stereotypically Japan-frenetic. Something is always in motion on the show. Somebody is always running, jumping or falling down. The obstacles and challenges are unique and sometimes very elaborate. The contestants take some very hard bumps at times and come up smiling. It makes one wonder if they aren't hiring stunt players for each episode, and just recycling them, show-by-show. The Anglo names and the overdubbed voices, the costumes and way out antics make this show just really entertaining and a great time killer between the news and the Law & Order re-runs.

The script is very funny, the characters themselves are comedic in the extreme and even the names of the teams andplayers makes you laugh.

I have actually recommended this program to friends.
  • This show is so funny, I always want to watch another episode.

MXC, which stands for Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is a show where Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship provide color commentary for people doing crazy stunts like jumping on rocks and other games like that. This show is great because the show always translates what the Japanese contestants are saying into crude, but humorous stuff. Kenny and Vic also talk the same way which always makes you laugh. Also, the stunts that the people do are hilarious and every time somebody falls flat on their face on a game you will laugh. The bad parts of the show is that the stunts are sort of repetitive and not as funny as they were the first time you watch. The show is great overall and worth watching.
  • A quirky game show-like entertainer.

This show would be nothing without its colorful hosts, Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano. They are funny, especially Kenny, and bring humor into the pain shown when contestants fail. That said, some of the events are very subpar. They all have funny names, usually sexually suggestive names, and that is fine, but some of them offer no danger at all, and in a show like this, that is a huge letdown. On the other hand, some of the games are very exciting, and these games tend to appear more on the show than the uninteresting ones. All in all, it's a good show, but you could get sick of it quickly during, say, a marathon.
  • Two teams face off to see who is better in a series of bizarre and painful matches.

This show is great. The Japanese always seem to be reinventing themselves with every show and it gets funnier and funnier. The matches are so extreme and bizarre you need to watch them to believe them. The contestants seem to be impervious to pain because they always smiles. The only drawback is that the American version does not follow the original and everything you see are chopped up episodes of the original. And even thought the hosts are usually funny the dubbed script falls flat sometimes and the hosts become... well annoying.
  • Two teams of people in a certain occupational field compete in extreme stunts.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) is a show where people compete in events that are dangerous and just plain hilarious to watch. The hosts, Kenny Blankesnship and Vic Romano, always have funny comments to make on contenstants, from telling the audience what they do for a living to comment in a rather dirty way what a contestant did right or wrong. This is a really funny show and is something that should not be missed by anyone. (as long as you're not someone who doesn't like to see people getting hurt) The show's main funny points comes from the hilarious Japanese dubbing, the funny (yet dirty) comments, hearing the people's names, and most of all, just seeing the constestants do terrible at trying to complete a task.
  • I've always been a fan of Japanese physical-challenge themed game shows... but when you throw in with the addition of witty comedy recorded out of a Burbank Studios sound stage, you have pure genius.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) is one of those shows that shouldn’t be as popular or as funny as it actually is. The fact that Kenny Blankenship and Vic Ramano pretend to be from the Jersey shore is crazy enough, but when you add on top of that the rapid-fire, innuendo laden commentary, you create a masterpiece. In fact, this is one of those shows that would be very difficult to copycat, really. Takeshi’s Castle (the original Japanese show) is so unusual in and of itself, to attempt to reproduce the awkward hilarity would be futile.

In fact, they subsequently tried to recreate an ‘Americanized’ version starring extreme sports stars (like Tony Hawk), and it was absolutely preposterous. There was no heart, no soul. No costume wearing lunatic with a head full of booze, careening into a cesspool of filth like a bat out of hell.

Yes sir – a guilty pleasure to say the least. But if you’re getting ready for bed and want to doze off with a smile on your face, MXC is your ticket. The only downside is that the variety of stunts and contests isn’t as rich as I would like. So, once you power through about 20 episodes, you’ll start seeing more and more of the same. Like most things, enjoy MXC in moderation!
  • lol

so basically this show is about a bunch of idiot asians who sign up to win these crazy challenges and usually end up getting humiliating. the japanese people talk, in their language, but when they speak its dubbed with american voices. u know, kinda like dubbed anime excwept in this show, the words dont match at all lol but the actions do :P. when i first saw this show i laughed and loved it now i feel bad watching this because i dunno it shows people gettin humiliated and laughed at on public television and i know i wouldnt wanna be that person. well i guess thats what they get for signing up?O_o. well this show is an ok show and i try not to laugh but i just have to sometimes lol.
  • The show that puts the f-u back in fun!

This game show originates from a japansese show from the 80s called "Takeshi's Castle" hosted by Beat Takeshi and his sidekick Higashi. The entire show has been dubbed into English..but rather comedic English. Takeshi and Higashi play the two hosts of the show, Vic Romono and Kenny Blankenship. A lot of the stuff said in the show is dirty, and the contestants are given fake names with references to past events.

ex: Halle Berry's hit-and-run charge
    Janet Jackson's Wardrobe Malfunction
    Some video games like the "Godfather" or GTA
    And a bunch of other stuff.

It's really funny when Vic is always yelling at Kenny and hitting him in the head with his fan. Season 3 and 4 are showing a lot of stuff involving Vic and Kenny doing rather weird stunts. It makes up for some great entertainment!

9/10
  • cool show with funny narrators

MXC is a good show that is better than people anticipated. The voice overs are hilarious, and very unpredictable. Although its funny its starting to go down hill at a not so fast not so slow speed. It could use a bit more games because some of them are getting old.
  • I wonder what the Takeshi's Castle people think about it. Maybe they'd like it too.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge - or MXC for short - is practically a redubbed and reedited version of the late 80s/early 90s Japanese game show Takeshi's Castle. Of course, the speech is not at all what the original version used. 'Hosts' Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship guide us through several games on every show to determine which team - usually consisting of people in a similar trade - is better.

There's a variety of fun games and ways to injure yourself on the show, but it's the writing quality that makes the show what it is. From Vic and Kenny's great banter to the humorous occupations and companies that the 'contestants' work in and for to Guy LeDouche's interest in women, it is real funny.

So if you enjoy humor then check MXC out, but remember - it's more than the body count that makes the show.
  • A great show with lots of laughs

The show is a personal favorite. AS the classifications says who thought of this. Using a Japanese Game Show with American commentator’s genius. But watching I have to think that the commentators have to as high as a kite. They would have to smoke a lot of weed to be able to come up with the crazy names and commentary. My favorite bit about the show would have to the most painful elimination of the day. My favorite characters are Guy and Kenny. Well the again stinky is a barrel of laughs. My favorite events are the rolling logs they have to run across that I forget there names of. Also the one where they have to run up the mountain and dodge the rolling boulders made of foam. TTFN
  • Off the wall (literally)

The first time I saw this show, I was in Austria, visiting a friend of mine. The wacky stunts and hilarious antics of the contestants were funny enough, and the show was something that I couldn't understand the words to, but everybody could understand the humor.
    Soon after, I learned that the show (formerly called Takeshi's Castle), was going to be remade and dubbed in English. The wacky antics of the contestants are funny enough, but the true beauty of MXC lies in the commentating. Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship layer over everything they say with innuendo, and what they say and what the people do are a perfect combination. However, the only downfall of the show is that the producers of the game in Japan made new contests, which aren't as good as the original one, but are still good enough to get a good chuckle.
  • MXC is an action packed and very funny show.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is one od the best shows on Spike TV. Every episode is hilarious. The show is actually a reality show in Japan, but with one big change. The two commentators talk Japanese, so two people play for them comically. It is one of the best parts of the show. All of the wild stunts the contestants do are funny as well. MXC is great and I hope it gets off hiatus soon.
  • i'm going to die laughing "i heard he got bite by a spider and has Peter Parkersons disease" omg that is funny who the heck things of that stuff

damn what can i say about this show ? i mean its one of the funiest shows on the Tube right now. i've been watching this show on and off for a bout 2 years i think. i want to see the original show first then seen the show when the used the american voice overs. man ... who the hell things of this stuff ... i mean the voice over lines ... they are sooo funny you have got to watch the show. i would not mind if this show was an hour long then just its short 30 minute thing. anyway I abso f**king lutly loveee this show.
  • If you like seeing people get hurt, funny dialog, or sexual jokes - this show is for you!

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is an old Japanese game show that has been dubbed over in funny english. The games that are played are completley bizar. My personal favorite games are when the contestants run across rocks in a river. Some rocks are real and others are floaters. It is hillarious to watch people do a face plant into a stepping rock. Another favorite is called log rollers. People must run across spinning logs at different hights without falling. It is very rare to see someone make it successfully. If I watched this show everyday I would probably get tired of it, but once a week or so is the perfect fix. You can fing MXC on Spike TV. This show is highly recommended.
  • This show is off the wall and amazing.

MXC is an amazingly funny show, that also contains many challenges that are competitive in Japan. The stunts and everything however do seem dangerous, but they are still fun to see. The show begins with funny commentary, and two teams of Japanese mostly citizens, that are branched into two groups and compete together in numerous challenges, which makes this a good show to see, but what I really enjoy is the shows dubbign and great commentary, which is also a plus.

I do however wish, that the show would air at a better time, and that the challenges were more varied, but other than that it is off the wall, adventurous, clever, and humerus.
  • Most Extreme Elimination Challenge always had me rolling on the floor!

This short show was always good for a laugh. It was basically normal people trying their best to navigate through various obstacles with goofy themes played throughout.

Imagine yourself in a sumo wrestling suit, or canoeing on land.

Anyway this show had two narrators that made the show successful since it seemed as though it did not originate in the US, so the footage with comments made for a hilarious show.
  • Awesome and hilarious!

This show is one of my personal favorites of all time. It's in my favorite channel too, Spike TV. Even though it has like bunches and bunches of voice overs, it's still awesome.

The challenges are look so fun, even though they are very (well prolly not) dangerous. I also love the end when they do like( I forgot what it's called) when they do like the top 10 that hurt the most. Yeah! Those are hilarious like hell!

Those two I think Japanese guys are also funny. They just kill me when ever they talk about the people and the challenges!
  • OMG I love this show! Seeing people run up a hill in a confined space and get hit by bolders is like one of the funniest things you could watch. Seeing people run across a flimsy bridge and get hit by painted vollyballs great! I diffinitly recommend this

OMG I love this show! Seeing people run up a hill in a confined space and get hit by bolders is like one of the funniest things you could watch. Seeing people run across a flimsy bridge and get hit by painted vollyballs great! I diffinitly recommend this show but im not sure when it comes on or if its gonning to last much longer.
  • Top marks go to all those involved in making this show happen. From great editing, awesome scripting, phenomenally funny lines, all the way up to the fantastic backdrop of the bone-crunching Japanese game show Takeshi's Castle!

I didn't have very high expectations when I first saw this show on vacation at Disney World. But I was still awake, and I had a limited choice of channels in our motel room so I stuck with this and gave it a chance.

I have never been so happy to be wrong. This show doesn't take long to grab onto your funny bone and throw you to the floor laughing. Who would have thought someone else's pain could bring you so much pleasure! And the character building put into the hosts was worked brilliantly, as well as that of Guy LeDouche and The Captain. Each of these personalities are played beautifully.

The humor, albeit often rather graphic and sexual in nature, will always have you laughing out loud.

Kudos to all involved for a brilliant and unique comedy unlike any other I've ever seen. It holds a special place in my heart and on my Digital Video Recorder!
  • Your watching MXC! Most extreme elimation challenge! Who would win in a match, babies or old people, this show has it all.

I think Mxc rules. Its very hilarious too, the teams are so funny, they have game companies vs. the mafia, its so funny! I love it, the people there are dumb but we all know that without them, Mxc wouldnt be here, I love it! MXC is for all of you people who like seeing others mess up and just seeing hilarious bloopers. Without Mxc, I would have 1 less show to watch. For all you fans that like seeing people do funny things, this is your show! It has 3 important things, mistakes, funniness, and of course, pointless games!
  • I love this show

This show is about japnese people trying to do these wacky and hard obsicle corses. It is funny how the people talk without moving there mouth lol. One of my favorite challnege is the one were they have to brake through the walls and if you chose a wrong one you will fall in a mud pit. Another one of my favorite one is the one were they are on the bridge and they shoot cannon balls at them, and they have to make it across the bridge without falling. The host... man I forgot there names I think one of the guys name is Kenny Blankeinchip. Man I hope this show get back on spike.
  • funny? in the sense of weirdness. Voice over all cool

MXC is by far the best reason to watch spike TV, and basic cable in general. spike TV's lineup usually consists of hours of CSI, wrestling, star trek, and more wrestling. but shows like this and Hey! spring of trivia! make late night TV more worthwhile, (not to mention the last call mainstay; Max-x) The dialog is hilarious. my favorite stunt is the log rolling one, because EVERYONE takes a fall on it. I have a feeling the Japanese version is nowhere near as clever, and being trimmed down to 30 minutes probably does it justice. what a lot of folks don't know is that the main character Takeshi (Vic Romano) starred in a lot of violent Japanese fighting movies like "battle royal". the Japanese like to see grown men in tricycle races, but they don't get to enjoy the winner shouting triumphantly "I won! I won! Kiss my ass!" Be sure to look for the contestant named "babaganoosh" every episode. Don't get ELiminated!
  • Stupid stunts and toilet humour, what else could you ask for? MXC is a japanese show with people replacing the japanese voices with english voices resulting in hilarious dialogue.

MXC is a comedy/reality/japanese show about two different groups of people doing stupid things for no aparent reason. The humour level on this show is very high. One time on a game the losers had to be in the front row of a Celine Dion concert and they started falling over on their sides and one guy was lying flat on his face and Kenny said " Hey! He's cheating, he killed himself." LOL! This show makes you laugh when the people hurt themselves, this show freaking rocks! Anyone who likes to watch people get hurt will love love this show. Its on every saturday at 12:30 am on SPIKE Tv.

MXC is a comedy/reality/japanese show about two different groups of people doing stupid things for no aparent reason. The humour level on this show is very high. One time on a game the losers had to be in the front row of a Celine Dion concert and they started falling over on their sides and one guy was lying flat on his face and Kenny said " Hey! He's cheating, he killed himself." LOL! This show makes you laugh when the people hurt themselves, this show freaking rocks! Anyone who likes to watch people get hurt will love love this show. Its on every thursday at 9:00 on SPIKEtv.
  • A total cult classic!

What a great show this is-A show that could never be made here! You really have to give it to the writers on this show for everything that Kenny and Vic say--its a laugh a minute. If you have never seen the show before, Have a seat and prepare to be rolling on the floor laughing at the length some people will go to win a game--My personal fave episodes are "Finance vs Liquor" and "Monsters vs Mascots". Its probablt a good idea to record the shows because one viewing is not enough. Like Kenny says.. "Dont get eliminated!" Thank you
< 1 2 3