MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Spike TV (ended 2007)

MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Fan Reviews (64)

• I've always been a fan of Japanese physical-challenge themed game shows... but when you throw in with the addition of witty comedy recorded out of a Burbank Studios sound stage, you have pure genius.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) is one of those shows that shouldn’t be as popular or as funny as it actually is. The fact that Kenny Blankenship and Vic Ramano pretend to be from the Jersey shore is crazy enough, but when you add on top of that the rapid-fire, innuendo laden commentary, you create a masterpiece. In fact, this is one of those shows that would be very difficult to copycat, really. Takeshi’s Castle (the original Japanese show) is so unusual in and of itself, to attempt to reproduce the awkward hilarity would be futile.

In fact, they subsequently tried to recreate an ‘Americanized’ version starring extreme sports stars (like Tony Hawk), and it was absolutely preposterous. There was no heart, no soul. No costume wearing lunatic with a head full of booze, careening into a cesspool of filth like a bat out of hell.

Yes sir – a guilty pleasure to say the least. But if you’re getting ready for bed and want to doze off with a smile on your face, MXC is your ticket. The only downside is that the variety of stunts and contests isn’t as rich as I would like. So, once you power through about 20 episodes, you’ll start seeing more and more of the same. Like most things, enjoy MXC in moderation!
  • Top marks go to all those involved in making this show happen. From great editing, awesome scripting, phenomenally funny lines, all the way up to the fantastic backdrop of the bone-crunching Japanese game show Takeshi's Castle!

I didn't have very high expectations when I first saw this show on vacation at Disney World. But I was still awake, and I had a limited choice of channels in our motel room so I stuck with this and gave it a chance.

I have never been so happy to be wrong. This show doesn't take long to grab onto your funny bone and throw you to the floor laughing. Who would have thought someone else's pain could bring you so much pleasure! And the character building put into the hosts was worked brilliantly, as well as that of Guy LeDouche and The Captain. Each of these personalities are played beautifully.

The humor, albeit often rather graphic and sexual in nature, will always have you laughing out loud.

Kudos to all involved for a brilliant and unique comedy unlike any other I've ever seen. It holds a special place in my heart and on my Digital Video Recorder!
  • Two teams face off to see who is better in a series of bizarre and painful matches.

This show is great. The Japanese always seem to be reinventing themselves with every show and it gets funnier and funnier. The matches are so extreme and bizarre you need to watch them to believe them. The contestants seem to be impervious to pain because they always smiles. The only drawback is that the American version does not follow the original and everything you see are chopped up episodes of the original. And even thought the hosts are usually funny the dubbed script falls flat sometimes and the hosts become... well annoying.
  • I wonder what the Takeshi's Castle people think about it. Maybe they'd like it too.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge - or MXC for short - is practically a redubbed and reedited version of the late 80s/early 90s Japanese game show Takeshi's Castle. Of course, the speech is not at all what the original version used. 'Hosts' Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship guide us through several games on every show to determine which team - usually consisting of people in a similar trade - is better.

There's a variety of fun games and ways to injure yourself on the show, but it's the writing quality that makes the show what it is. From Vic and Kenny's great banter to the humorous occupations and companies that the 'contestants' work in and for to Guy LeDouche's interest in women, it is real funny.

So if you enjoy humor then check MXC out, but remember - it's more than the body count that makes the show.
  • wow, this show is awsome! but its cruel, c'mon it says the ppl are suffering from broken boes. (yah i know, its fake)

omg, i love japenese shows, they are awsome! i wanna see the real show, what they got this from, which is Takeoshi's Castle. thats what they got the footage of the show from. i think it would be better if they had another show from this, but the real version. but, the show is cool. =}
  • MXC ROCKS!!! WHOO HOO!!! HAAAANK LIIIIIKE!!!

What a show!!! Take old footage from a classic 1980s Japanese game show, tape new dialogue over it involving lots of double entendres, scatological and sexual humor, and add a play by play as you watch crazy people fall in to muddy water and get hurt on all kinds of wild apparatuses and that is the recipie for MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challege!!!

RIGHT YOU ARE, KEN!!!

Indeed!!!

LET'S GIT IT ON!!!

AUW HAW HAW! GUYYYYY LIIIIIKE!!!
  • Two teams of people in a certain occupational field compete in extreme stunts.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) is a show where people compete in events that are dangerous and just plain hilarious to watch. The hosts, Kenny Blankesnship and Vic Romano, always have funny comments to make on contenstants, from telling the audience what they do for a living to comment in a rather dirty way what a contestant did right or wrong. This is a really funny show and is something that should not be missed by anyone. (as long as you're not someone who doesn't like to see people getting hurt) The show's main funny points comes from the hilarious Japanese dubbing, the funny (yet dirty) comments, hearing the people's names, and most of all, just seeing the constestants do terrible at trying to complete a task.
  • If you like seeing people get hurt, funny dialog, or sexual jokes - this show is for you!

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is an old Japanese game show that has been dubbed over in funny english. The games that are played are completley bizar. My personal favorite games are when the contestants run across rocks in a river. Some rocks are real and others are floaters. It is hillarious to watch people do a face plant into a stepping rock. Another favorite is called log rollers. People must run across spinning logs at different hights without falling. It is very rare to see someone make it successfully. If I watched this show everyday I would probably get tired of it, but once a week or so is the perfect fix. You can fing MXC on Spike TV. This show is highly recommended.
  • MXC is hilarious!

If you want a good laugh, you'd better watch this show. It has Japanese people doing these really outrageous and stupid things and their voices are overdubbed by actors. They make a lot of sexual jokes, funny sayings, and hard courses. It's very surprizing how these Japanese people don't get hurt during this show... Overall, it's a perfect 10!
  • The funniest thing I have seen on TV in a while!

Oh my God, this is the funniest show on TV right now! It's like watching a car crash, you just can't turn away. I love the bad overdubs of the announcers and contestants! They say the funniest things! Whoever came up with this is a genius! The show is totally unlike any game show or reality show I have ever seen. I love the recap of the hardest hits at the end of the show, it's great! The things people will do to be on TV. (Me included.) Some of the stunts look like they would be a lot of fun! I love this show! Very original and loads of fun! Let's get it on!!
  • MXC is an action packed and very funny show.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is one od the best shows on Spike TV. Every episode is hilarious. The show is actually a reality show in Japan, but with one big change. The two commentators talk Japanese, so two people play for them comically. It is one of the best parts of the show. All of the wild stunts the contestants do are funny as well. MXC is great and I hope it gets off hiatus soon.
  • funny? in the sense of weirdness. Voice over all cool

MXC is by far the best reason to watch spike TV, and basic cable in general. spike TV's lineup usually consists of hours of CSI, wrestling, star trek, and more wrestling. but shows like this and Hey! spring of trivia! make late night TV more worthwhile, (not to mention the last call mainstay; Max-x) The dialog is hilarious. my favorite stunt is the log rolling one, because EVERYONE takes a fall on it. I have a feeling the Japanese version is nowhere near as clever, and being trimmed down to 30 minutes probably does it justice. what a lot of folks don't know is that the main character Takeshi (Vic Romano) starred in a lot of violent Japanese fighting movies like "battle royal". the Japanese like to see grown men in tricycle races, but they don't get to enjoy the winner shouting triumphantly "I won! I won! Kiss my ass!" Be sure to look for the contestant named "babaganoosh" every episode. Don't get ELiminated!
  • awsome and funny. I love this show

I tottally love this show. I watch this show every thrusday. my favorite character is guy le douche because he is sooooooooooooooo funny and weird and i love it. My family and my japenese friend watches it. Mei told me it is really called inside takishis castle but that title didnt really make any sence.
  • Great, great show.

The action in the show is enough to watch with the Japanese people getting hurt in some really, really funny and hilarious, and especially challenging obstacles. The games are great and sometimes that makes me want to go out and actually play with them. But the dubbing over the orignal audio makes this show great because they add clever comments and really make the show fall on the floor hilarious. Grade A material.
  • Oh, yes! Very funny indeed!!!!!!

It's always funny to see people hitting a wall really hard or falling face-first into different "fluids". It's a great, action-packed show, with all kinds of different jokes and games that make me bust a gut. It's really weird none of the contestants on the show don't get hurt, even when playing Log Jam, Boulder Dash, or Sinkers and Floaters.
  • MXC is a game show imported from Japan and dubbed over in English and totally manipulated for your viewing pleasure! Watch people get beaten up and down in various stunts and laugh all the way until you wet your pants!

I stumbled upon this show back when Spike TV was still TNN probably around late 2003 or so. I must say it was one of the funniest accidents I've ever stumbled upon! I even had the chance to partake in stunts myself. I participated in MXC Almost Live when they filmed at Universal Studios Florida. I made it on TV too! I was the guy in the prisoner outfit who fell through the logs. This is a show you should definitely try, it will NOT disappoint!
  • Two teams battle it out to win.

This show is awesome beacause you get to see japanesse people go through crazy stunts to win in this extreme action comedy show.Some of the stunts include Eat Shittake,Saddle Sores,Irriable bowl syndrome,Dope on a rope,Tumbling dominos of doom,Boulder dash,Buck off,Runaway stump!and many,many,many more.
    Mxc is also known as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.This currently airs on spike tv.In Japan it is known as Takeshi`s Castle.Mxc is best action comedy show ever created by man!
    This message is from BATTLESTAR94!Another stunt in this show is Dash to death.
  • A classic Japanese game show which is ported over to the US and dubbed over with hilarious commentary.

I watched the first airing a few years ago and fell in love with it. There were times I turned blue from laughing so much w/out catching my breath. I highly recommend the show to anyone who has a keen sense of humor and a sharp wit. However, you must be able to understand and withstand numerous sexual innuendos. The action is non-stop and the commentary delivers comedy gold. A friend of mine from Japan actually watched the original "Takeshi's Castle" and said that the original version was racy but that the port is way more funny.
  • A total cult classic!

What a great show this is-A show that could never be made here! You really have to give it to the writers on this show for everything that Kenny and Vic say--its a laugh a minute. If you have never seen the show before, Have a seat and prepare to be rolling on the floor laughing at the length some people will go to win a game--My personal fave episodes are "Finance vs Liquor" and "Monsters vs Mascots". Its probablt a good idea to record the shows because one viewing is not enough. Like Kenny says.. "Dont get eliminated!" Thank you
  • Off the wall (literally)

The first time I saw this show, I was in Austria, visiting a friend of mine. The wacky stunts and hilarious antics of the contestants were funny enough, and the show was something that I couldn't understand the words to, but everybody could understand the humor.
    Soon after, I learned that the show (formerly called Takeshi's Castle), was going to be remade and dubbed in English. The wacky antics of the contestants are funny enough, but the true beauty of MXC lies in the commentating. Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship layer over everything they say with innuendo, and what they say and what the people do are a perfect combination. However, the only downfall of the show is that the producers of the game in Japan made new contests, which aren't as good as the original one, but are still good enough to get a good chuckle.
  • One of the best

When i first saw this show, i almost died laughing. This is an excellent show for EVERYONE to watch. What they do in the show is what makes it hilarious. My favorite is the one where they have to stick to the wall by swinging into it. That always cracks me up. 10/10.
  • A great show with lots of laughs

The show is a personal favorite. AS the classifications says who thought of this. Using a Japanese Game Show with American commentator’s genius. But watching I have to think that the commentators have to as high as a kite. They would have to smoke a lot of weed to be able to come up with the crazy names and commentary. My favorite bit about the show would have to the most painful elimination of the day. My favorite characters are Guy and Kenny. Well the again stinky is a barrel of laughs. My favorite events are the rolling logs they have to run across that I forget there names of. Also the one where they have to run up the mountain and dodge the rolling boulders made of foam. TTFN
  • Stupid stunts and toilet humour, what else could you ask for? MXC is a japanese show with people replacing the japanese voices with english voices resulting in hilarious dialogue.

MXC is a comedy/reality/japanese show about two different groups of people doing stupid things for no aparent reason. The humour level on this show is very high. One time on a game the losers had to be in the front row of a Celine Dion concert and they started falling over on their sides and one guy was lying flat on his face and Kenny said " Hey! He's cheating, he killed himself." LOL! This show makes you laugh when the people hurt themselves, this show freaking rocks! Anyone who likes to watch people get hurt will love love this show. Its on every thursday at 9:00 on SPIKEtv.
  • it's really not that funny

When this show first came out I liked it. but as they came out with more episodes I realized that each episode was almost exactly like the last. It's the same thing every episode. they have a little game show, make up some gay name for the teams and then (like every episode) climb walls, swing on a rope, go through a maze. you know, that sort of thing.There is one thing I like about this episode and that would be the dialoge that they make up for the japanese people. Overall, this show is honestly not that great.
  • cool show with funny narrators

MXC is a good show that is better than people anticipated. The voice overs are hilarious, and very unpredictable. Although its funny its starting to go down hill at a not so fast not so slow speed. It could use a bit more games because some of them are getting old.
  • TIS ROCKS

best tv ever soooooo funny and witty i was a fan of the show takehi's castle the show it from i was so happy when MXC came. so now i need to fiil space i will repeat best tv ever soooooo funny and witty i was a fan of the show takehi's castle the show it from i was so happy when MXC came. so now i need to fiil space i will repeat
  • So cool, so funny, and so painful.

Pros: very funny dialogue; fun games; innuendo!

Cons: what are the characters really saying?

MXC (short for Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) is basically a Japanese reality show from the 80s or so that has been redubbed in America with hilarious results.

The voice acting is off the wall, the games look fun, and the falls look like they hurt A LOT. The girls in particular seem to take the worst of the hits.

The voiceovers by Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship are filled with clever innuendoes and puns. But the dialogue really borders on being just plain stupid. But isn't that the whole point of MXC? We're here to laugh at the witty dialogue of Vic and Kenny and the misfortunes of the contestants.
  • MXC is the best spike tv show and i can't get enough of it. It is sooo funny and looks painful. Coooooooool!!!!!!

MXC is the one of the funniest and best reality tv show and I can't get enough of it. I watch it everytime it comes on and I even have it in my favorite shows list. Who don't like seeing other people get hurt and you are the one that laughs because you know it is funny and it is.
  • OMG I love this show! Seeing people run up a hill in a confined space and get hit by bolders is like one of the funniest things you could watch. Seeing people run across a flimsy bridge and get hit by painted vollyballs great! I diffinitly recommend this

OMG I love this show! Seeing people run up a hill in a confined space and get hit by bolders is like one of the funniest things you could watch. Seeing people run across a flimsy bridge and get hit by painted vollyballs great! I diffinitly recommend this show but im not sure when it comes on or if its gonning to last much longer.
  • This show rocks! It ismy favorite show! It is so funny, and painful! Guy LeDouche is so hilarious!

This show rocks! It ismy favorite show! It is so funny, and painful! Guy LeDouche is so hilarious! j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j jj j
< 1 2 3