My Big Fat Greek Life

CBS (ended 2003)

My Big Fat Greek Life Fan Reviews (3)

5.7
  • An amiable show that carried on the storyline of the movie.

Nia's rambunctious and unique family welcomes her new husband to the fold after the uproarious wedding. Nia may be as surprised as he is, when the people react to every crisis with a wildly eccentric sense of humor and a steadfast refusal to do things like anyone else.

The Portakolos family witnesses the ups and downs of the new relationship, with everything from the couple's honeymoon to the hectic atmosphere around the holidays. Watch her parents overreact to everything; watch her husband not know whether he's coming or going; and relax as it all works out in the end.

This is the rare family comedy that is well-written and not sappy. Too bad it had an abbreviated run. Nia Vardalos, from whose real-life story this series was drawn, is a strong writing talent and I hope to see her work on television again soon.
  • omg wut are u talkn bout this show was halarious..(in a bad way)

0.0
    what were they thinking really? they make an amazing movie and decide "hey lets milk it for all its worth"...and omg did it suck. first of all why would they change something that was so good?? they changed her name...her husbands name...like wut the hell is up with that?? did they actually think that it would work...thats why this show is so funny...cuz the actors, producers, writers, creators, etcc. are so STUPID
  • The movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding that this show was based on was gold and this show was well a different four letter world.

5.5
    The movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding that this show was based on was gold and this show was well a different four letter world. First off, the husband was changed from the one in the movie and replaced. Second, the jokes weren’t there. It seemed that just the mere mention of sex qualified as a reason for a laugh track to be inserted. Since it premier in March rather than at the start of the next fall season, everything was rushed and haphazardly done. Had it been done properly, it could have been the next I Love Lucy.