My Boys

Addition By Subtraction

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jul 25, 2010 on TBS

The season four premiere does not disappoint. Making Stephanie the sixth poker member felt like a cop out because they couldn't find anyone else. I guess I just never accepted Stephanie to be a part of the My Boys gang, so now that she will have a lot more on screen time to replace Andy, it's going to feel a bit strange, I have to admit.

Regardless of that, this was a hilarious episode. with the great use of the flashback sequence and it was just an entertaining half hour of television, the group dynamic was pretty good, and I definitely will be sticking around for the rest of the season.

My Boys returns with a bang here tonight. The show, which had been off the airwaves for over a year proves to be the breath of fresh air TBS needs at the moment. If you have never watched the show before, think of a faster, sharper, wittier How I Met Your Mother.

In the season premiere, the gang is mourning the loss of Andy from the group and is searching for a 6th member for poker, as well as recounting how they all met. The flashbacks are something this show has never done before, but they definitely help the flow of things. Unlike Family Guy where the cutaway scenes are lame, they added a lot to this episode.

My Boys throws a ton of jokes at you a minute and most of them landed here. A strong episode to kick off Season 4.
  • My Boys is Back Baby!

I have to say I didn't know what to expect going into this season of My Boys especially after Season 3 (which i didn't hate but didn't love either). Needless to say I didn't know what to expect from this season premiere. Jim Gaffigan leaving was a bit of a downer but, after watching this episode, I think it's clear that this cast can hold there own. Okay on with review.Synopsis: PJ and the gang try to find a replacement for Andy, while reminiscing about how they all first met each other. I really enjoy this episode, the flashbacks, the witty banter, the table smashing(watch the episode and you'll know what Im talking about), but what I enjoyed most about this episode was the overall chemistry and energy of the ensemble cast. The whole cast brought their A game this season, I was pleasantly surprise with their high energy. Bottom Line My Boys started off season 4 with a bang and I look forward to see what's coming next.