My Boys

Mike-Fest

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Aug 01, 2010 on TBS

It's Mike's birthday, and everyone is calling him the grandpa of the group since he is the oldest. A very enjoyable episode of My Boys and probably one of the best of the season (There's really not that much to choose from) but yeah, it was still a great episode. It had a surprise ending, funny one liners, and a great cast that interacted great.

Kenny warning Stephanie about the movie producer was a bit too predictable for my liking but it still was entertaining. At the time I didn't even know Kenny & Stephanie were dating until the end, that caught me by surprise since I barely started watching this show. We have something very eventful happening at the end which sort of sets the rest of the season in motion. Bobby losing his family fortune, he gets everything taken away and has to stay with PJ. Then we get a bit of a surprise. We think Mike is turning mid-30 status. In the end, we find out he's 40. He really is the grandpa of the group. Funny enjoyable episode.

I do not know if it is just because I missed the show being off the air for a year or if it was actually a good episode, but My Boys has been great since it returned last week and this was no exception.

Every character was funny and when I am laughing at a Bobby line you know the show is having a good episode. The show flew by and just had a great laugh per minute ratio, the kind you expect on Arrested Development, not this show.

Anyone who does not like My Boys should just watch this; they'll become a fan.
  • Loving it!

Love the new season. this show was taken off the air for WAY too long. I hope that this won't be the case when this season wraps up. Mike is hilarious. Trying to plan his own birthday. So funny. Totally made me want to attempt a little Pub Crawl of my own. It will be interesting to see how the Bobby situation turns out now that his families money is gone. I hope they dont' do the usual episode where he moves in & starts working PJ's nerves all the time. I like them as a couple & don't really want that ruined. I am enjoying the Steph/Kenny pairing. I was bummed for her over the book deal going south, but glad Kenny told her what a jerlk the producer guy was & what his true feeling were on how he felt the producer would ruin her book. Looking forward to next week