$#*! My Dad Says Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Season One Discussion Thread

kravitzfan12

[1]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 34
    I know we're already three episodes into the season, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have an official thread to discuss the remaining episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BundyX75

[2]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 6

"Code Ed" was another great episode. I wouldn't put it over last weeks "The Truth About Dads & Moms" but it was certainly a hilarious episode. The storyline of the double date was funny and actually kind of clever, with the weather code, the date swap, and all. Vince wasn't horrible, I mean, he wasn't really funny but he didn't annoy me or anything this week.

The only problems of the episode I hated, and this was a big problem, anytime Ed sang. Every-time he sang "I'm Too Sexy", which was probably two or three minutes total, I hated watching the show. Other than that, this was a great episode, and I'm hoping this show lasts awhile.

haldrey

[3]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    For me this is the first comedy in a long time where where I really lol. In all the others after Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond I just smile. The last episode 'The Manly Thing to Do' was just outrageous.

haldrey

[4]Dec 10, 2010
    Looks like most people do not realize that this is a must see TV. How do I rate against current comedies - 5 times better than The Middle (and this one is good), 10 time better than Community, 15 times better than Modern Family and 100 time better than The Office.

kravitzfan12

[5]Dec 11, 2010
    I think people were extremely deterred by the horrendous pilot, which truly is a shame because the show has improved leaps-and-bounds and is become quite hysterical!

haldrey

[6]Jan 9, 2011
    Looks like the non watcher are those who are member of TV.Com since I heard they are getting or got or are nominated for the people choice award

kravitzfan12

[7]Jan 12, 2011
    haldrey wrote:
    Looks like the non watcher are those who are member of TV.Com since I heard they are getting or got or are nominated for the people choice award
    It won the People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy, but not many people respect or care about the People's Choice Awards.

haldrey

[8]Jan 22, 2011
    I do not care if the People's Choice awards is respected or not, at least it is the people who are voting. I care less for the Globes or the Oscars whose selections I usually find biased. Anyway the show keeps producing excellent and very consistently funny episodes and that is enough for me.

kravitzfan12

[9]Jan 22, 2011
    The show had been consistently funny lately, so kudos to them for finding a groove after a very shaky pilot episode. It's still extremely on the fence for renewal for next season, not because it's underperforming, but because CBS needs to cancel a certain amount of hours for it's new shows next year, and traditionally they cancel their lowest-rated comedy each season, putting this in a bit of jeopardy. On any other network, it would certainly be safe!

haldrey

[10]Jan 28, 2011
    Not only it has been consistently funny it is improving with every episode. The last one (Jan 27, 2011) was a riot even though some of the things were predictable.

therockstop

[11]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 14
    Just watche tonights episode and it was funny. I really like the show and hope it sticks around. I like the addition of Rosemary and Ed is a riot.

haldrey

[12]Feb 4, 2011
    Yes, it was a riot, one of the best so far. I agree, I think the Ed/Rosemary thing is going to provide a lot of laughs. Almost didn't recognized Lee Major, time flies!

kravitzfan12

[13]Feb 5, 2011
    Jean Smart is a terrific addition to the cast! The past few episodes with her have been really great.

I'm not sure how many more episodes they have left this season. I believe the order was only for 18 episodes, all of which have been announced, so I assume the season will be ending on February 17th. I hope they get a renewal for a second season, whether it be full or a midseason replacement!

haldrey

[14]Feb 11, 2011
    Looks like the sense of humor is changing, it is the only reason I find for this show not being one of the top shows of this season. The last episode was just great and I sure hope next week's episode is not the last.

therockstop

[15]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 14
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    Jean Smart is a terrific addition to the cast! The past few episodes with her have been really great.

I agree. I am glad they added her to the cast. She is funny and putting her together with Ed makes the show much better than it already was.

Jazz_Eli

[16]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 1
    Hi, I'm kind of newbie on this, not that I don't participate in forums, but this is the first time I like a show from a big network, so, could you help me here??, is it bad that the season has only had 18 episodes??, or is it normal??, because I searched for some other shows from cbs, and they all have 22, 23 episodes by season, so even when I really like it, if it is a potential cancellation I see no point in becoming a fan...

haldrey

[17]Feb 18, 2011
    It looks like No 18 is the last of the season (I do hope season). No information on more episodes could be found although the episode did not seemed as a finale at all.

kok_warlock

[18]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 11
    haldrey wrote:
    It looks like No 18 is the last of the season (I do hope season). No information on more episodes could be found although the episode did not seemed as a finale at all.

Actually, the last episode was a classic season finale for a comedy, when they trade the humor for some serious and solid situation, in this case, two situations.

The first was that Vince and Bonnie are finally getting their baby, after trying nearly a whole season, and in season two, will probally be nearly all about the pregnancy, with the child coming at the end or near it, we also had a classic major cliffhanger, with Ed and family discovering their lost child, and with the door opening revealing the lost child, but we'll only have a chance to see him in the next season, which I seriously hope it happens, because this show is simply great, mainly because of Shatner.