My Friends Tigger & Pooh Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2010)

New Pooh Film

alibozo

[1]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 7

Looks like there's a new WP fil on the way handrawn too! Wonder which characters will make it into the film apart from the obvious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 66
    A return to hand-drawn? Intriguing. I suppose that could mean we could see the return of characters such as Owl or Gopher.

Kraien2002

[3]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    They need to include Owl & Gopher, especially since Gopher was mentioned by Tigger in the My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Tigger & Pooh & A Musical Too!

agent_0042

[4]Jul 14, 2009
    Yeah, Tigger said that he misses Gopher! That was cool.

DrakkenWasHere

[5]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    It's going to be about the original Pooh stories. They said, somewhere in an interview, that their literally going by the book this time. This should be interesting. That kind of makes the chances of Gopher showing up very slim. But hopefully they do bring him back! No offense, I liked him more than Beaver...

agent_0042

[6]Nov 7, 2009
    Gopher's obsession with dynamite was hilarious-- unfortunately it's just not the type of thing you're likely to see in cartoons on Disney targeted at audiences of this age group, eh?

DrakkenWasHere

[7]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 3
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Gopher's obsession with dynamite was hilarious-- unfortunately it's just not the type of thing you're likely to see in cartoons on Disney targeted at audiences of this age group, eh?

Oh, no doubt. Especially since you wouldn't really connect dynamite to Winnie the Pooh. It just makes the comedic material funnier.

That's the problem, though. They seem to be censoring everything these days. I can't even sit through a Looney tunes marathon without them creating awkward editing. If I can sit through something as a child, with my psych still intact, then so can they. It feels like people are dumbing everything down for them. And that includes every medium. I say children are only as smart as you let them be. If you give them a slight challenge, early on, then they'll readily accept it. I used to read my little sister a certain picture book with some "larger words", and she soaked it up! Now she loves reading "the spider and the fly", even to this day. Back in the day, I used to learn a lot of my vocabulary from cartoons too. (I was also always a fangirl of the nerds.) It's just...I sometimes feel that they don't get that much of a chance to develop to their full potential. Meh, but that could be just me.

Rant aside: I think kids would enjoy seeing a character that blows stuff up. I know I sure did.