My Friends Tigger & Pooh Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2010)

Tigger Pooh and a Musical too

alibozo

[1]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    Just watched 5 clips at Disneygo.com of the new DVD looks really funny especially the Tigger bouncing song. Brenda Blethyn is voicing mama heffalump too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nemo34

[2]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 2

Hey......just saw some of the clips from the new movie. Thanks for the info on where to find it. It looks better than I thought it would. It says that it is a " full length movie ". I wonder how long it really will be. With 7 new songs it should be plenty long enough. Thanks again.

'

agent_0042

[3]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 66
    Full-length? Sounds cool. I'm really looking forward to it! In the meantime, though, there's another new episode coming soon (at least in the U.S., anyway)-- I'm about to add the listing to the guide.

agent_0042

[4]Apr 8, 2009
    Well, I went ahead and watched it. And, well... I wouldn't say it was bad, though I'm not sure I'd say was exactly good, either. Honestly, I wish that it was better than it was. A few random observations first, then I'll get into some more detailed thoughts, which may contain spoilers and therefore will be spoiler-tagged:

- They seem to have gone with the title "Tigger, Pooh and a Musical Too" simply because, well, they couldn't think of any other title. There is no musical featured within the film and the songs don't really drive the plot like they would in a real musical. The basic plot of the film is that Rabbit is appointed mayor of the Wood and makes up a bunch of ridiculous rules that get on everyone's nerves, particularly Tigger's. Things get so bad that Tigger challenges Rabbit for the mayoralty and Rabbit creates a Big White Line dividing the Wood.

- Rabbit is a major character in the film, but, just like the film Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo, is not featured on the cover.

- At one point in the film, Tigger is irritated with Beaver (who Rabbit appointed Assistant Mayor) and comments "I miss Gopher." My first thought (after getting over my surprise), was "Well, so do we." Honestly, why did they ever take Gopher away?

- It is nice to see Mama Heffalump back, though she isn't used very much in the film.

All right, here goes:

***SPOILER***
    Of course, that's just my thoughts. Others can, and will, like this one more than I did. (And again, I didn't dislike it, I'm just not sure how much I liked it.) The DVD version includes both "active play" and "interactive play" options, neither of which I've had a chance to test out yet. It also includes a music video of Kenny Loggins performing "Underneath the Same Sky" (pretty good) and a game, which I also haven't had a chance to try yet.

Edit-- all right, so I know I crabbed before, but now it's time for some stuff I liked about the film. So, let's go...

- Well, I know I said that I didn't feel the music really drove the plot and therefore I didn't consider it much of a musical. That said, I do really quite like a lot of the songs. "The Password Song" is just funny, "Underneath the Same Sky" is a very tender and pleasant song and I'm also growing quite fond of the ending theme "Together Again." Watch for the lyrics on my song lyrics page.

- There's a lot of good humor in the film. Particularly funny are the scenes where Tigger's following around Rabbit like a little lost puppy because Rabbit took away his bouncing and he doesn't know what else to do.

- Some of the animation is really quite nice, especially some of the scenes in the "Underneath the Same Sky" sequence. I also thought they did a great job on the Kenny Loggin's music video. Speaking of which...

- Despite the film being released so soon to TV, I think the DVD is worth the price. For one thing, the television version was presented in "formatted to fit your television screen" pan-and-scan format (I DVRed the broadcast for the sole purpose of checking) whereas the DVD release is presented in the proper widescreen format. The DVD also includes two other language tracks-- Spanish and French and, quite presently, all of the songs are presented in these alternate languages as well (I've seen ones before that offer an alternate audio track, but only offer the songs in English.) There's also the "interactive play" and "active play" modes (which I still haven't had a chance to check out, but hope to soon) and the aforementioned music video and game.

P.S.: Hoping to hear some thoughts from others here soon. I'd really like to hear everybody's else's thoughts on the film.
    Edited on 04/11/2009 11:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

nemo34

[5]Apr 13, 2009

Well.......I watched the Musical and I enjoyed it well enough. Darby didn't have a song but I liked the rest of the songs.

Maybe there is still some hope that the show will continue in some form in the future. At the end when everyone says " The End " Tigger says " or is it ? "

We can keep our fingers crossed.

agent_0042

[6]Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah-- a subtle hint from the writers maybe that they're not willing to just give up on the show?

nemo34 wrote:
    Darby didn't have a song

For some reason, I kinda got the feeling that they wanted to move the focus off Darby and give it to the other characters.

nemo-- did you get the DVD, or did you just watch the TV airing? (And if the latter, do you plan to get the DVD?)

nemo34

[7]Apr 14, 2009
    Hi !!!!! I'm a Darby fanatic that's why I noticed she didn't do that much in the Musical. I taped the show on my old VCR, but I'll wait about a month and pick up the DVD at this place that has discount movies.

agent_0042

[8]Apr 16, 2009
    I finally got around to trying out the Interactive Play feature. Not too bad. Basically, all it is is that every so often, the film is interrupted for a game that's related to whatever just happened. Almost all of these are a variation of some sort on a simple matching game, though there is a shell game type thing involving Pooh's honey pots. Oh, and enabling this track disables all subtitle options (except for the song "Boucin'" which is presented in sing-along format automatically), though closed-captions still work, albeit, sometimes with a few glitches. Each game earns the player an imaginary treat to enjoy at the picnic at the end. The Active Play mode, which I haven't tried yet, apparently allows interaction without having to make use of the remote control, so I guess it's sort of like "search for something on the screen in your head" or something like that. I'll check it out ASAP.

Oh BTW-- Porcupine is cute when she's singing-- too bad she only gets one line in "One Big Happy Family."

DrakkenWasHere

[9]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 3

Oh man, there are no ways to describe how much I enjoyed this movie. It basically had my two favorite characters as the leads (Rabbit and Tigger). And to make it better, it WASN'T completely focused on Darby. And Rabbit sings in it too! *fangirl swoon*

Besides that, it was just a very sweet and fluffy film. Talking about how friendship and family is important, and all. And then Tigger KISSED Rabbit. That made me go "D'Aww". I don't know, it's just afun movie to watch. Heck, got it for my birthday in April. And on the very day I got it, my 11 years old sister and I (17) watched it three times in a row.

I've actually not checked out the special features. I don't know...For THIS movie, I don't see the point. I rather play video games, than play games on a dvd. Buit I did listen to it in Spanish. Watching movies I like in Spanish are actually helping me pass my class. Yay me!

To sum it all up: I could easily watch this a hundred times in a row, and never tire of it.

Sending Fangirl Love,

DrakkenWasHere

agent_0042

[10]Nov 7, 2009
    Well, the games for this one are really more of an integrated-into-the-film sort of thing, so they might be fun to try out if you want to watch the film again anyway. Rabbit singing was fun-- it's not all that often that he gets to sing. Which is too bad, because I like his singing too. One of my favorite Rabbit songs is "Harvest What You Grow."

DrakkenWasHere

[11]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 3
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Well, the games for this one are really more of an integrated-into-the-film sort of thing, so they might be fun to try out if you want to watch the film again anyway. Rabbit singing was fun-- it's not all that often that he gets to sing. Which is too bad, because I like his singing too. One of my favorite Rabbit songs is "Harvest What You Grow."

I actually did check it out, not to long ago. They weren't too bad. Did have a little fan making a play. (Although I'll admit I didn't get up and dance. Was tempted, though. Heh.) All and all, I can see why the kiddies like it.