My Friends Tigger & Pooh

Disney Channel (ended 2010)

agent_0042

User Score: 1976

My Friends Tigger & Pooh Fan Reviews (18)

6.8
  • put it back on

they need to put this show back on tv my son loved this show then they take it off I thought it was good and people need to remember its called my friends tigger and pooh not Winnie the pooh so its goanna be different but it was not bad for what it was and the young kids liked it and that's who it is for
  • Rats! This show is not on Disney Junior the Channel!

Since Disney Junior launched on Disney Channel as a program block on Valentine's Day 2011, this show has not been on the air. Now that Disney Junior the Channel has launched, My Friends Tigger & Pooh is still not on the air! So thanks a lot, Disney!
  • Lacks the charm

I'm not sure why, maybe it's because it's CG, and I grew up watching the original animated Winnie the Pooh adventures, but this version lacks the charm of the original.

On top of that, I can't stand Darby! Granted, she's no Jar Jar Binks, but she just seems out of place.

Seems to me the only people who would appreciate this version of Pooh would be younger viewers under the age of six.
  • First Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and now this. When will Disney stop butchering classic characters?

Winnie the Pooh is a classic that will forever be cherished by everyone. Everyone has seen him on TV, or read his books, and could appeal to everyone. Now did it ever have to be turned into an educational show at all. I know Pooh is aimed at a young audience, but this show butchers his name. The show is about Pooh and Tigger and a new girl named Darby with her dog Buster. They all form an organization called the Super Sleuths, and help the other animals of the Hundred Acre Woods with their problems. The show utilizes problem solving skills, and teamwork. The show sounds innocent enough to be a kids show, but falls short on multiple levels. The show is done in CGI, an to be fair it does look great and the animation for it is really good. The problem is that it's in CGI. Why does this need to be in CGI at all. They could have stuck to the old format of Pooh, and not do this. The characters are are terrible and lack the depth and personality that they had in the books. Some of the characters aren't even in this show. What happened to Owl? He was a personal favorite of mine. Of course the biggest question is where is Christopher Robin. He is never seen, heard from, or even referenced to in this show at all. That's a big insult to 2 of the most classical characters ever. Darby is an annoying girl who will NEVER fill the role of Christopher Robin and has no personality to her at all. The mysteries themselves are uninteresting and nothing new is added to them. Also the show does an occasional break the 4th wall which is a terrible feature in this show. Just because you can make your show have that doesn't mean you should add it in there. As for educational values, there are really none at all. There may be a few, but there's so little in this show. This is a complete disgrace to such classic characters, and I am sure if A.A. Milne were alive today he would be outraged, and sue Disney for butchering his creations. If you want to show kids Winnie the Pooh, show them The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh TV cartoon or get them some books on him, and don't let your kids see this mockery to a great character.
  • why, Disney?...

3.5
    why is Disney turning all their classic characters 3-D? it just doesnt work. anyway, this show isnt all that great. the show's about Tigger, pooh, & Darby having to solve mysteries. been there, done that. Also, Darby seems too happy. What happened to Christopher Robin??? each ep is repetitive. i've also noticed that Owl isnt in this show. What's that about? i dont really like the animation, either. i;m not into CGI type shows. personally, Disney should ditch this show & air the classic winnie the pooh shows. this is the end of my review. bye! wertyu cdjccndc dmcsdc cmdcc ,cdlc
  • NOT WINNIE THE POOH, PEOPLE. NOT WINNIE THE POOH.

I love Winnie the Pooh. He's a friend to every child. Then this show premiered. It sucks. What the heck happened to Christopher Robin? Who the heck is Darby? Christopher Robin is much sweeter and cuter than Darby, who's this annoying kid. And what's with the switch to computer animation? It looks awful!!

I hope that Disney cans this show quickly because kids need to see the REAL Winnie the Pooh. Show reruns of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh or something! Or at least The Book of Pooh! This and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are the worst shows you have on Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior! Even Hannah Montana, your worst show ever, is better than this!
  • Who the Drakken is Darby?!

3.5
    Some show. Bring back The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, not this crap! Darby and Buster? Who are they? Are they supposed to be Christopher's cousins?! What? Also, Buster isn't funny. He's just an annoying dog around for the sake of irritating the viewers. Darby brings nothing to the plate, she's twice as annoying...and everyone else just isn't the same as they were in the Hundred Acre Wood. Speaking of Acre Wood, are we even in the wood anymore?! They give us NO indication of being in the Acre Wood, they just tell us we're in a wood. No, not even a wood...a forest. With trees. And wood. ...A.A. Milne, be still your beating heart. The show's still going. Duck and cover while you still can. Also, the girl and her mutt just pop out of NOWHERE and start wanting to play detective with them. Where's the buildup?!

b. impson
  • Be amazed by the very long rant of a fangirl...

I've been a fan of Winnie the Pooh for seventeen years now. Grew up loving the original books, and then the Disney movies and show. Heck, I have a whole shelf on my 6ft tall book shelf just dedicated to the bear of very little brain. (And that's not including my dvds and VHS tapes.) So when I first heard about them making a new show, back in 2007, of course I was excited! I was ready to see my favorites (Rabbit and Tigger) back into action! You can imagine how surprised I was to not only see it in CGI, but my beloved Chistopher Robin was replaced by a red-headed little girl.

That's right, I HATE Darby with a real passion. You can obviously tell she isn't based on a real child. And I'm not saying that because of how mature she sometimes act. No, her spirit seems..lacking. I don't think she really cares about the other residents of the wood as much as C.Robin did. However, don't get me wrong. I actually STILL like the show. If you put your animosity towards Darby to the side, it's actually a very cute program. Heck, just got done watching the new episode today. Rabbit still suffers from OCD. Pooh still needs a little smackeral. Eeyore is still in need of a good laugh. And Tigger is still the best at whatever he does. The show embodies the other characters very well. My only complaint, besides wondering why Disney unleashed the little demon girl on us, is one thing: Where is Gopher and Owl? Sure, Gopher technically wasn't in the books...But he was hilarious! "Hey there Sssssony!" I loved his little whistle while he talked. And Owl, who most certainly WAS in the books, hasn't showed up at all. Where the "Musical Too" movie pokes at the rodent not being around. Our other buddy doesn't even get a nod. Heck, give us a cameo!

Speaking of "Tigger and Pooh: And a Musical Too", you guys need to own it! I laughed, I was melancholy, and I melted into a little puddle of bliss throughout the film. Being a Winnie the Pooh fanfiction writer, I sometimes make references to it. It's basically a movie starring Rabbit. What more can you ask for? Heck, Rabbit sings in it! That alone should make you want to buy it.

Long story short: Darby needs to die in a ditch, blah blah blah. But everything else is pretty good. Even though I still prefer traditional style over CGI, I highly recomend the show. It's very fluffy. And hey, the kids seem to like it. Sending Fangirl Love,
    DrakkenWasHere
  • While I had to watch this show a few times, it has really grown on my. Good thing, because my toddler could watch it 24/7! It was the first show that he really cared about watching. He loves the episode where Darby is looking for Buster.

My young son absolutely loves this show. He would rather watch it than sleep! I hope they keep it around for awhile. I ordered him the few dvds that are out and must not have read carefully enough. I was a little disappointed when they came and they were just a collection of several episodes. He doesn't know the difference though, he still watches them intently. I ordered him the original Winnie the Pooh movies and he has no interest in them. It is something about this show that has caught his attention..maybe there are subliminal messages in them or something. Haha. We like 'em, keep it around!
  • It's just not Winnie the Pooh.

For a show focused on preschool level audiences this show is not as bad as others. But that doesn't matter. Winnie The Pooh should not have been made into a preschool show; it has compromised the value of the series. All of the wonderful depth of the characters and storylines that once was has been lost in this series. By making this another politically correct show--adding in the girl main character (who has about as much depth as a kiddy pool) and even throwing in little things about helping the environment--the show has lost it's originality and innocence. There is nothing wrong with a girl main character when she is well written, with love and care, but this one doesn't fit the series and they haven't bothered to give her any personality. Also the original stories with Winnie The Pooh introduced better values than this show just by giving kids quality entertainment and well thought out story lines. They didn't have to throw politics into it. By replacing originality and ingenuity with political correct garbage and stereotypical characters, "My Friends Tigger and Pooh," throws out all of the original elements that made this show so great. A.A. Milne would not be happy with this series and neither am I. I was impressed with the CGI; It is well done. But it is out of character for the series and lacks the artistic quality that the original 2D animation had. Along with the animation the music is almost nonexistent. Except for the sappy songs that the characters sing now and then all of the beautiful soundtracks from "The New Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh" have been abandoned. The character's have also lost their depth and their wonderful relationships that made the original stories so endearing. This show has lost all of the warmth and love that the originals had. "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" is just not really a part of the Winnie the Pooh series because it has lost everything that made the series great.
  • Thank you Disney for totally ruining Winnie the Pooh with this preschooler spin off.

I hate this series. It's really annoying as how Disney thinks it's OK to totally ruin Winnie the Pooh for me. Not only did I love Winnie the Pooh when I was little, I didn't have to watch another crappy preschooler so I can learn. No... The real children cartoons are those that entertain and hide hidden educational morals and such in them. Like the OLD Pooh series. I am so disgusted literally. The just took out Christopher Robin and added this "new person" called Darby just because and her mutt.
    What the hell are they thinking?! Thanks a lot Disney for ruining another one of my favourite classics and adding all this kiddy crap in it.
    Seriously, if parents want their kids to learn, they should get off their lazy asses and teach them this stuff themselves!
  • 30-year old's review because 16 month old can't write yet :)

Ok, I am thirty years old, so this show isn't for me, but I have a 16 month old son who adores this show and putting it on allows me to do a lot of housework without him underfoot. I find the situations good enough to entertain and possibly educate. Some of the situations are fantastic, such as Super-size Darby and flying to the moon with Eeyore, but my son enjoys watching Tigger and Pooh do their thing and the songs are a bonus.

When the theme song hits the speakers, he is glued to the screen and watches with interest. He laughs at the appropriate spots, so I guess he understands what is going on in the show (he is not talking yet). All I know is that save cuddling with his mother, Tigger and Pooh can calm the boy down. Thank you Disney for another wonderful program.
  • I write about Hungary. Here the first season runs only, and I'm not being satisfied with it. I like Winnie the Pooh and the films and series being connected with him, but I don't like "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" very much.

I write about Hungary. Here the first season runs only, and I'm not being satisfied with it. I like Winnie the Pooh and the films and series being connected with him, but I don't like "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" very much. For example Darby (in Hungarian "Dalma") is a very annoying and conventional character. She is the typical American little girl: very sporty, very clever (and pedantic) and very, very, very cheerful. (Too cheerful in my opinion.) And she has a perky little puppy of course. I saw this a thousand times already!

The old characters are not rather amusing. Tigger is too fast and too fierce, and he plays Pooh down. I'm very sad because Piglet and Eeyore don't play a bigger role and Owl and Gopher are absent the series. They are very nice characters. However Porcupine, Turtle, Woodpecker and Beaver (in Hungarian "Hód úr" means "Mr. Beaver") are boring, Roo and Lumpy are very, very, very silly and very, very, very pesky. But I'm a little bit happy because Rabbit appears almost every episode, and I'm a big Rabbit-fan. And why do I watch that? Because I like Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit and Eeyore and I'm very curious. I hope that the quality of the series will get better.

Mikeru-sama
  • Pooh and Tigger solve crimes. I think...

I love this show. Its so cute. My 7 month old daughter watch it almost everyday. Well, she stops watching after the theme song...but she still kinda likes it. It could be better, funny jokes or something. I would much rather watch this then Dora, I hate her. Altogether nice show. I prefer the original but this works too. I dont like that annoying little girl though. Plus all the stupid questions. Like, "Where is the Green hat? Do you see it?" Umm. Yeah its right there. But Its a kid show what can you do. I still enjoy watching it. A show me and my daughter can watch together. And I dont have to be bored out of my mind. :)
  • Pooh bear's so cute.. my baby sister likes watching this show

My Friends Tigger & Pooh is a very nice show from children and for those who feel they're still children. This is a great show because this teaches young kids a lot of things. They teach kids how to solve problems and to think, think, think! I like Winnie the Pooh Bear the best because he is so cute and cuddly. He's funny. He makes old kids like me childish because of being a bit obsessed with him everytime i see pictures of pooh bear. The thing i noticed with this show is that Piglet is not always around. It seems like he's not Pooh's best friend. I would like Piglet to be a supersleuth too.
  • MFT&P shines with fun-filled plots, lively animation, and engaging characters. Overall, Darby is a fun addition to the series. And didn't you know that somewhere, deep in the Hundred Acre Woods, a boy and his bear still play?

Disney's "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" is their newest offering in the line of television series featuring the character Winnie the Pooh. For this edition, they've decided to shake things up a bit by making some changes -- doing the show in CGI, adding a new character, Darby (with her dog Buster), and targeting the show squarely at younger preschool audiences. Each idea had the potential to be dangerous if not handled well, Yet, for all the hullabaloo about how Christopher Robin was being "replaced" and the Pooh franchise was being ruined, this show has turned out to be more than a pleasant surprise. It's lively, a lot of fun to watch, and may actually teach its target audience a few things.

Isn't it nice to know that even while some things change, the best things remain the same? Pooh and his friends are still the same old lovable characters they always are. Pooh, Tigger and Darby may now be the Super Sleuths, but in many ways, Pooh is still "a bear of little brain." Roo is endearingly cute, and Lumpy (the wonderful heffalump first seen in "Pooh's Heffalump Movie") livens up the show every time he appears, and is a great friend to Roo.

In each episode, the Super Sleuths are called upon to solve a mystery. There have been some pretty unusual turns, however, and no matter what the outcome, you can count on a lot of fun and humor along the way. Oh, and Christopher Robin isn't gone. He's appeared in two episodes so far, and could easily be back for more. The quality of the animation, and general production in general, is wonderful.

As of the writing of this review, 22 episodes and a Christmas special have been released in the United States. Three more have aired only in other markets, and I look forward to these installments of the show. The program has also been renewed for a second season, and I can't wait to see what new direction it takes. So, in the words of Tigger, "TTFN - Ta ta for now!"
  • what the hell happened to christopher robin?

6.3
    1)whos Darbie?!this girl suddenly pops out from nowhere and starts playin detective with them.
    2)why is the show called,"my friends tigger and pooh?"i mean,what about rabbit,and eeyore?!and roo?and lumpy?!!!arent they your friends?!totally bias!!
    3)the animation is really poor.i seriously liked the old winnie the pooh's annimation.
    4)the script is poorly written if you ask me.the mysteries that they have to solve is soooo boring and totally obvious.My one year old brother stops and sits when he watches this type of children shows execpt my friends tigger and pooh.weird,isnt it?he'll go runnin off somewhere when this show airs.
    5)the only thing i like about this show is the opening theme song.its sweet.
  • Darby is a girl and Tigger and Pooh are friends.

My Friends Tigger and Pooh.

I like My Friends Tigger and Pooh because 3 3D characters goes on a few adventures. My favorite character is Darby and her dog Buster. She is six in a half years old and Buster is four.
    The Super Sleths are on your way. Get your scooters and get ready to go on some thrilling missions. Think Think Think with them on Playhouse Disney.
    Preschoolers 2-5 will love My Friends Tigger and Pooh. You can find it on The Friendship Edition DVD.
    Want to go on a fun adventure? Go on one!