My Gym Partner's a Monkey Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

Animal School Musical Discussion!

How Much Did This Made For TV Movie ROCK?!!!

4EverGreen

[1]May 19, 2008
    • level: 43
    Now that this FABULOUS made for TV Movie has aired, we can discuss EVERYTHING we liked about it! Like how it kicked "High School Musical" down to the level where it deserves to be: in the trash heap! This is your chance to speak out on what was done right (and in my opinion, its everything!) So now is the time to talk away! Enough said!
    Edited on 05/25/2008 10:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

minimew2020

[2]May 20, 2008
    • level: 19
    That's a pariody the High School Musical

4EverGreen

[3]May 20, 2008
    Well, that much we DO know, but until the episode actually airs, we can guess about what could happen within that episode. So if anybody has any crazy theories they want to make, they can do it until the episode actually airs! Enough said!

Kazaguruma45

[4]May 21, 2008
    It's sort of something from Disney, but it's probably just a hit. if it gets cancelled I can only hope that the show will have all-new episodes on Disney/Toon Disney.

4EverGreen

[5]May 21, 2008
    The only way "My Gym Partner's a Monkey" would ever move to Toon Disney would be if the so-called President and Vice-President of a certain country were imprisoned for the crimes against their country, stripped of all their money, and forced to spend the rest of their miserable lifes in prison! But if hasn't happened for the past 7.5 years, it's highly unlikely it's going to happen now, so there's no way MGPAM will EVER move to Toon Disney! Enough said!

minimew2020

[6]May 21, 2008
    4EverGreen wrote:
    The only way "My Gym Partner's a Monkey" would ever move to Toon Disney would be if the so-called President and Vice-President of a certain country were imprisoned for the crimes against their country, stripped of all their money, and forced to spend the rest of their miserable lifes in prison! But if hasn't happened for the past 7.5 years, it's highly unlikely it's going to happen now, so there's no way MGPAM will EVER move to Toon Disney! Enough said!

That is correct Kazaguruma45

chihuahua1

[7]May 21, 2008
    • level: 7

I think Jake makes David Copper trout grant his wish of life as a musical. But everything backfires when one of the singers can't make it and Jake has to fill in, but he can't sing.

Edited on 05/23/2008 1:53pm

Kazaguruma45

[8]May 21, 2008
    minimew2020 wrote:
    4EverGreen wrote:

That is correct Kazaguruma45

If I want Your Opinion, I'll ask for it.

Kauaimon

[10]May 25, 2008
    • level: 16
    The commercail for it is seemingly making fun of HSM. Since it's a parady from a rival cartoon station, expect loads of gags and funniness >D

mitsukigirl13

[11]May 25, 2008
    • level: 18

I give it a 7.

I feel the same way about it as I do about HSM, I don't care that much 4 the show, but I do like most of the songs. Some were actually catchy!

Although I have hypothosis. This show didn't have much hype. Just commercials. And it turned out to be pretty decent. But specials like Antlantis Squarepants that are also musicals have commercial, toys, and a bunch of hype, but turn out to be not very good.

Hmmmm? What do u think?

Kauaimon

[12]May 25, 2008
    I love it. It sorta makes fun of HSM, (Middle school musical XD) and Jake found out how to rhyme...about his butt. But he rhymed nevertheless.

4EverGreen

[13]May 25, 2008
    On a scale from 1 to 10, I give it a TWENTY!!!! It was THAT awesome! Even though there were a lot of funny parts, one of the parts that I thought was the funniest was the Understudy Song, where Henry Armadillo tried to be Adam Lyon. Then later, Ingrid Giraffe ended up kissing him during HER song! Although she was bothered at first, she soon didn't mind doing it. Maybe this means Ingrid will finally stop chasing after Adam and settle for Henry Armadillo. That would be SO cool! Enough said!

Woof91

[14]May 26, 2008

It was pretty good. I liked all the HSM satire, and Lupe's song was really catchy! I hope someone puts it on YouTube! XD

*sings to herself* Mambo, Tango, Merengue, Rumba! Mambo, Tango, Merengue, Rumba!

PanteraFan24

[15]May 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    I LOVED it so much! It was awesome! So many great songs, too!
    My favorites were...well, heck, I liked all of them! And the fact that Mr. Mandrill showed up in a sezzy robe at one point. I almost died, he looked so cute! Kyaa!

assclown12

[16]May 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    Best TV special since sponge bob's atlantus squarepantus.

YinYangYelita

[17]May 29, 2008
    • level: 8

*singing to herself* We'd rather do anything than sing. Anything at all. We'd rather do anything than sing all day, but, we're trapped in a musical. Winter, Summer, Spring and...
    Train: Hey, stupid. You're in a topic.
    Fall, you idiot!
    Train: Sheesh, no need to be touchy.
    Oh, sorry. I rate it a 10! Can any of you give me the full song for "We'd Rather Do Anything Than Sing"? Please???
    Koji: What if they say no?
    I'll understand. By the way, THE BANANA PEOPLE WILL RULE THE WORLD WITH OUR REMOTE CONTROL BANANAS!!!!!!
    Nanako: *thinking* And we call Takuya an idiot.

Cartoonkid-JP

[18]May 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    It sucked and I didn't like it, High School Musical isn't all that great , why would people want to make a parody of it!

kitendoc

[19]May 31, 2008
    • level: 25
    Cartoonkid-JP wrote:
    It sucked and I didn't like it, High School Musical isn't all that great , why would people want to make a parody of it!
    If you don't like it, then why are you even here?

hyper-dudemac22

[20]May 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    this was a very bad play. i should say fowl. i love HSM. but this was so bad, i think HSM crushed ASM down the pipe. i mean, such bad singing, bad songs, and just, didn't flow. i mean, who would love a song about a monkey singing about how he loves his butt. i should know, I'm an actor and a great singer. im sorry to people who liked this. just a dissapointment.