My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

4EverGreen

My Gym Partner's a Monkey Fan Reviews (198)

6.4
  • It can be silly and rather dumb at times, but IS fun to watch.

At 1st glance, the show is stupid and pointless, but after seeing a bit of it it could grow on you. When you think about it, ALL cartoons can be stupid and pointless! It's their JOB to be stupid and pointless! It's what makes them cartoons! For example, Spongebob Squarepants is about a yellow talking sponge and his life underwater in a town called Bikini Bottom. Sounds pretty stupid too, but it became a huge hit and is now a well-known nickelodeon icon. I'll admit it, when I first saw this show, I didn't like it and didn't think it'll last very long; but like all other shows, I gave it a chance and watched an episode. Turns out, by the end of the episode it had impressed me enough to watch another episode, then another. Long story short, I liked it. Granted, sometimes the humor can be a little dry and the drawing style can be less than savory, but overall it's decent and watchable. The humanization of different animals and the things they do is creative and pretty funny. There are some flaws, but they are exceeded by the positives [not significantly of course, but still by decent amount]. The show is way better than any of the other awful shows they give on cartoonetwork now. I give "My Gym Partner's a Monkey" a decent score of 7.5/10.