My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

4EverGreen

My Gym Partner's a Monkey Fan Reviews (198)

6.4
  • An underrated classic, in my opinion.

My Gym Partner's A Monkey is one of those shows that gets a ton of hate that I don't exactly understand. MGPAM is about a kid named Adam Lyon who is transfered from a human school to an animal school because they mistook him for an animal due to his last name. Along the way, he has to go to an animal school where his gym partner is a monkey. The premise may sound stupid, but it's executed nicely. This show does a great job at capturing the aspects of an everyday school life, such as the shark being a bully. The plots may be weird, but like the show itself, are nicely executed. The show does have a variety of interesting characters such as Adam Lyon, Jake Spidermonkey and the Gorilla. There is some good humor and plenty of funny moments to go around in each episode, but it can go a little too far with the butt stuff, but it's a kids show so what else can you expect? The animation is really good and flows smoothly in the show, and has a fair amount of effort put into it. The only problem I have with this show is the slightly poor voice acting, but it isn't God awful like Uncle Grandpa, but still could've done better. MGPAM is one of the most underrated shows ever and is worth giving a shot to see if you like it or not.