My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

4EverGreen

My Gym Partner's a Monkey Fan Reviews (198)

6.4
  • You know,if you get past the unfunny butt jokes,this show is not that bad.

This show is kinda underrated if you ask me. Honestly,I've seen far worse shows on CN.

But the premise is unoriginal and stupid. I mean,a kid is transferred to a animal school where he meets a monkey who's a complete JACKASS and he has to go there eveyday. It's like foster's home for imaginary friends meets camp lazlo! And the show also has a lot of plotholes,like shouldn't adam be eaten by now?

The animation,though,I like. It's definitely not the best,but at least there's some effort put into it.

The characters are the main thing I hate about this show. Adam is a whiny kid who's a complete and total geek. It's like he's mac from foster's,except that he has down syndrome. Jake is no better either,he's kinda like bloo - a COMPLETE AND TOTAL ASSHOLE!!! But at least bloo is funny as hell,but jake is just disgusting,annoying and unfunny. In fact,in one episode I think I saw him licking his butt or something. The other characters are average though they can also be complete jackasses at times!

The humour is hit and miss. When the show relies on butt jokes,it fails MISERABLY!!! But when it's not it can actually be a little funny. The humour reminds of spongebob,but at least it doesn't reuse the same jokes.

Overall, an okay show. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but at least it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than secret mountain fort awesome,problem solverz and out of jimmy's head!