My Life as a Teenage Robot

It Came from Next Door / Pest Control

Aired Unknown Aug 01, 2003 on Nickelodeon

• The pilot for the series, redone and improved, and a well done second cartoon make for a great debut

It Came from Next Door is the remake of the pilot My Neighbor is a Teenage Robot. while the plot is exactly the same, it looks much better. Renzetti put a lot of thought into the style for the series, and it shows. The design of the characters was improved (with the exception of Wakeman, I rather liked her old look) and the cartoon visually is more interesting and friendly. Also this version is a couple of minutes longer that the original, so they can improve on scenes such as opening where Tuck discovers this "Bloodthirsty robot", who turns out to be XJ-9, (but call her Jenny). Also good are the scenes where Jenny encounters a frisbee, as well as when she plays with her neighbors. The second cartoon is just as good- Mrs. Wakemans' lab rats try to mutiny against her using Jenny as a weapon. I liked the part where Tuck and Brad discover Jenny's disembodied head, and how they and Mrs. Wakeman fight the rat leader Vladimir (you have to see how she finally catches him!) And the gag at the very end is inspired. I remember watching the pilot on Oh Yeah Cartoons and thinking this was one cartoon I wanted to see more of. The premiere didn't disappoint.