My Life as a Teenage Robot

Sibling Tsunami / I Was a Preschool Dropout

Aired Unknown Oct 03, 2003 on Nickelodeon

• Oh Boy, Where To Start...

If you want to know which Teenage Robot episode sucks the most, it's this one. I'm going to drop Sibling Tsunami (even though it sucks) and make this review about Preschool Dropout. This episode is the PERFECT reason why I think XJ9 (Jenny Wakeman) is one of the most unlikable protagonists in recent memory. The plot of this episode is that the officials of the high school find out that XJ9 was built 5 years ago and then move her to the kindergarten class, much to her dismay. So much so that she acts like a bully to the kindergarten students. I mean, she smart-talks one kid after saying more words than him, she is infuriated during a game of pretend when she has to be the dog, and even knocking out each and every student after getting a mud pie to the face, which she obviously deserved. And then for no reason the students enjoyed this all because they think her powers are cool. Screw that! What really should happen is this: Jenny gets expelled for knocking out several preschoolers with a ball, and then burnt to scrap metal. I'm f-cking sorry. When a character acts like an a-hole to other characters, the show should be aware of it, and make it out as a bad thing. There's enough in this episode that is destine to anger anyone who hates main protagonists that are unlikable. Like I said, this episode is the most evident reason why the writers thought it was a good idea to make Jenny a self-absorbent pr-ck. I hope I never see this stupid and miserable episode ever again.
  • Sister Bonding

The episode "Sibling Tsunami" is one of the best in this show. Why, you ask? Well, let's see: we find out that Jenny wishes she wasn't an only child, but she also wished she had a brother a sister to hang out with. Fortunately, she finds out that she has eight sisters, the XJ's as I like to call them. They are the previous XJ models, who are incredibly different from Jenny, and yet, they are awesome! I love the way they made each and every XJ model incredibly different from one another.

The episode is also amazing, because Jenny finds out just how important family really is, even if they embarass you or yell at you. "Oil is thicker than water" as XJ-6 would say, and it really is, because nothing stops Jenny and her sisters from having fun and saving the day when working together. Also loved how Jenny stood up for her sisters, when Dr. Wakeman told her that she shouldn't have activated them because they were failures (she can be so mean sometimes, you know?)

I give this one a 10, for being such a heart-warming episode.
  • jenny drops out of school because she's sended to the kindergarten teacher, to have lessons from her, first she doesn't like, but after a day with them, she likes it alot. She doesn't wanted to leave, when she ahd to go away.

i think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:Di think this is one of the best episodes of i am a teenage robot:D:D:D
  • One of the best

The first part of this episode, "Sibling Tsunami", is decent; the second, "I Was A Preschool Dropout", is one of the series' very best.

In "Sibling Tsunami", XJ9 discovers that she has eight 'sisters' -- the earlier prototypes created while the professor was working up to her -- named XJ1 through XJ8. In the course of the episode, she learns that while they all have flaws, they make a great team when they work together.

In "I Was A Preschool Dropout", XJ9 is sent back to preschool when the principal finds out that she was only created a few years ago. She is eventually a target of derision but eventually wins over her classmates by showing off her powers. The story is great, but what makes this one of the most memorable episodes is the presence of two silly little songs. One, "The Minky Momo", is based on the song "Pressure" by The Kinks, from their album Low Budget. The other song is "I Am The Robot". Watch this a few times and you will find yourself singing both of these songs all the time.