My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Apr 21, 2012 on The Hub

• Is Candence the mean and pushy pony that Twilight says she is in Part 1 of the 2-Part Season 2 finale?

The ponies head to Canterlot to attend the wedding of Twilight's older brother, Shining Armour. But Twilight soon has her doubts about her brother's future wife when she sees how pushy and mean she is. I thought that Part 1 of the 2-Part finale for "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" was awesome and it was so well done. The writers really go all out to make the Season PREMIERES and Season FINALES as well done as it can be. This really worked out and I just loved the storyline to this whole thing. Also, I began to find Twilight more likeable a few episodes before this season finale and I definitely that this was Twilight's best performance yet as I did feel bad for her because i knew that she would be right all along. It kinda did bug me that the other ponies didn't believe her about Cadence but I can easily let it slide. Part 1 also has a few funny parts but this season finale didn't really revolve around a lot of humor which is okay with me. The ending of Part 1 was pretty surprising and I loved how it made you excited for Part 2. I'm just that they didn't air Part 2 next Saturday or else I would be getting irritated having to wait all week. Sheesh, it was hard waiting a whole week to see what would happen next in Part 2 of the Season 2 Premiere so I'm just glad that they didn't do that same thing for this finale. Oh yeah, one last thing before I end my review for Part 1 that I almost forgot to say was that I loved Twilight's musical number and Twilight' having tears on her eyes made me feel a little sad... I gotta admit, I felt I wanted to cry just a little and it's actually the first time that this show almost made me want to cry just a little like one tear or possibly two. Overall, Part 1 was terrific but something tells me that Part 2 will be more awesome than Part 1. 10/10