My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on The HubIn Season

Official Discussion for Secret of my Excess

That_TV_Dude

[1]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 24

I thought this was an excellent episode and simply one of the best episodes yet! I loved how much praise Spike got and I loved it when Rarity kissed Spike! I also loved the references like King Kong, and the lair Spike used to horde his stuff was the one from Dragonshy. I loved it all! Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spongedude12

[2]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 4

Another winner from Season 2! Lots of funny moments, espcially with Pinkie Pie (like usual). Although I've never been much of a Spike/Rarity shipper, I must admit I liked their scenes together.

A-

tigerdude22

[3]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 43
    I honestly did not like this episode too much. Not only was it the worst of the season but it was also the worst of the entire series. Yes, even worse than the Season 1 episode "Sonic Rainboom". The episode had 2 or 3 good moments but's like it. I still rate the episode a 5/10 because while it's not entirely bad... it just wasn't the episode that I expected. Sorry fans, I love this show but the episode just wasn't that good to me.

bluecatcinema

[4]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 61
    It was really sweet. My favorite part was when Spike tried to confess his feelings for Rarity, and she tenderly shushed him.

pwn312

[5]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 20
    I rather enjoyed this episode. I loved the attention Spike's crush on Rarity received this episode an thought their interactions were really sweet. There were no really standout humourous moments in this episode for me, but little things like the Doctor's patronizing tone towards lanky-teenage Spike and Zecora moving his one arm causing his other to smack Twilight kept me entertained. I also liked the explanation on how dragon's grow up which I think solves some of the questions regarding how long Spike will remain his current "baby" size and why dragon's tend to sleep in caves filled with valuables.