My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on The HubIn Season

Official Discussion for The Last Roundup

That_TV_Dude

[1]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 24

Personally this was a superb episode for me. It didn't top Applebuck Season, but it had a lot of great moments like Derpy talking, Pinkie going berserk over Applejack breaking a promise, and how Pinkie acted in the factory and the party.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

peplarry12

[2]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 21

Agreed. I knew as soon as I heard "Derpy" that today would be a day for the history books. It really was a fan dedicated move on the production teams part.

Where were you on January 21, 2012?!

Apart from that, the episode was still fantastic in my opinion. I kept asking myself "is this Applejack?" throughout the episode, because I knew she wasn't going to stay with Mrs. Jubilee forever, and I couldn't find any reason why Applejack was acting like that (till the end of course).

Oh, and some of the best Pinkie moments ever (brace yourself for G-major XD)!

bluecatcinema

[3]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 61

It was a pretty decent ep. We got to see Derpy come out of the background at long last, and the "Pinkie Promises" returned (And we saw what happened if somepony broke one... scary.)

Edited on 01/21/2012 7:54pm

tigerdude22

[4]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 43
    I thought it was a HILARIOUS and magnificent episode. Definitely one of the funniest episodes I have ever seen considering the fact that this season doesn't have a lot of SUPER EXTREMELY FUNNY episodes. lol

One of my new favorite episodes in my opinion

pwn312

[5]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 20
    It is kind of hard to gauge exactly how awesome this episode was given the insane amount of fan service a talking Derpy delivered, but I'm convinced that even derp-less this would still be one of, if not my favourite episode of season two. (Maybe even season one.) I was nearly convinced that Derpy would not make it into the show since her name and personality were largely fan given, so silent nods to the fanbase in the form of minor background cameos that won't cause much fuss would be all we'd get. So, naturally, I kind of freaked out when Rainbow Dash said her name and when I finally heard the bubbly pony speak.

Also, I loved nearly everything Pinkie Pie did in the episode: her weaponization ("Pickle barrel, kumquat, chimi-cherry-changa!"), her reaction to the breaking of her sacred Pinkie Promise, knocking Rarity out of the cart, and more. There were just so many excellent moments and lines from every pony in this episode. /)(^3^)(\ So awesome!