My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on The HubIn Season

Official Discussion for The Mysterious Mare Do Well

That_TV_Dude

[1]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 24

I thought this was another excellent episode, from Rainbow using quotes from Spiderman to the Rainbow Dash fan club. I also loved the lesson at the end. Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 61
    It was pretty good. I figured out what the deal was with Mare Do Well when I saw all her different "attributes", but it was still good stuff.

tigerdude22

[3]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 43
    It was great but it was WAY too predictable. I already that knew that Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Applejack were all the Mare Do Wells plus their magical powers gave it away. The episode was still great though and I liked it. Doesn't beat the other Season 2 episodes but it does beat "Lesson Zero".

pwn312

[4]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 20
    I thought this episode was pretty spiffy. At first I was a little put off by the lesson learned at the end of the episode. The first time I watched the episode through I thought the lesson at the end was that someone should not advertise one's greatness because it makes other people feel bad. I felt that Rainbow Dash earned the right to be overtly proud because she was saving ponies lives. However, upon a second viewing, I realized that the lesson was be modest about your successes because if you do not, people will start to unfairly resent you because of your behaviour instead of loving you because of your actions. At first I thought that this was an anti-pride episode in the same way I thought "Feeling Pinkie Keen" was an anti-scientific-inquiry episode, but I'm glad upon further review I realized that this was not the case in either episode.