My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on The HubIn Season

Question about "Bridle Gossip"

Tkerekes13

[1]May 23, 2013
    • level: 28

Now don't get me wrong, "Bridle Gossip" is a good episode with a good moral, but there's one part in that episode that still leaves me scratching my head: the part where Applebloom leaves her shrunken older sister on a branch, too high to jump down from and too far from the ridge where Applebloom stood when she put her there, before going to settle things with Zecora. I honestly can't decide: was Applebloom in the wrong by ditching Applejack like that, or did she have good enough reason to do so?

And if Applebloom did have good reason, then consider these possibilities:

1. Could it be that Applebloom meant no harm when she placed Applejack on that branch? If she meant no harm, then is it pretty evident that she forgot about possible dangers that could befall her older sister? If so, then can her naivete be justified since she is a child?

2. Is it possible that when Applebloom placed Applejack on that branch, she may have somehow protected/saved her from something far worse? If so, then was it? (My guess it was making Applebloom keep giving into her older sister's own selfish demands and preventing her from knowing the truth which Applejack and the rest found out later as well.)

Also, can any of these points be justified in any way? I await your responses.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Jun 22, 2013
    • level: 61
    I think it's option one. Childish impulse all the way.

Tkerekes13

[3]Jun 24, 2013
    • level: 28

bluecatcinema wrote:
    I think it's option one. Childish impulse all the way.
    Yeah, probably.