My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on The HubIn Season

"Sweet and Elite" Episode Discussion

tigerdude22

[1]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 43

POST here for your opinions!!!

By the way, sorry for making this forum topic you That_TV_Dude... I know that you usually do the forum topic for each of the new episodes but I wanted to do at least one forum topic for a new episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pwn312

[2]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 20
    Sorry, only That_TV_Dude gets to make episode discussion topics. Thread locked. ( No, jk.) Only six and a bit more hours until what I assume will be a lot more Rarity! Yay!

tigerdude22

[3]Dec 3, 2011
    pwn312 wrote:
    Sorry, only That_TV_Dude gets to make episode discussion topics. Thread locked. ( No, jk.) Only six and a bit more hours until what I assume will be a lot more Rarity! Yay!
    Haha, that was a good one. I actually felt for it at first. haha. Yeah, It's okay if That_TV_Dude does the rest of the forum topics but I just wanted to do it for once since I love this show.

Well... I'll come back here later on or soon to post my opinion of this episode once I get a chance to watch this episode on my DVR.

That_TV_Dude

[4]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 24

tigerdude22 wrote:
    pwn312 wrote:
    Haha, that was a good one. I actually felt for it at first. haha. Yeah, It's okay if That_TV_Dude does the rest of the forum topics but I just wanted to do it for once since I love this show.

Well... I'll come back here later on or soon to post my opinion of this episode once I get a chance to watch this episode on my DVR.

HEY! You took my job! Jk jk! I thought this episode was awesome, but was sad to see no Spike in it.

tigerdude22

[5]Dec 3, 2011
    That_TV_Dude wrote:

tigerdude22 wrote:
    pwn312 wrote:

HEY! You took my job! Jk jk! I thought this episode was awesome, but was sad to see no Spike in it.

Sorry That_TV_Dude haha don't worry, this will be the only time I took your job. Feel free the do the rest pal. haha I'm glad that you liked the episode. I haven't watched it yet MAINLY because I sleep in (lazy me) but I'm gonna watch it in my DVR later on. Again, sorry I took you job haha

tigerdude22

[6]Dec 3, 2011
    Alright, I just finished watching the episode from my DVR so here is my opinion of the episode. This episode was just okay. It wasn't good but it also wasn't bad either. I was honestly disappointed in this episode and those stuck up ponies were really annoying and I was also bored throughout most of the episode. I didn't laugh much either. Well, I haven't laughed at a lot of parts in each of the Season 2 episodes but the point of the show to me is the storyline and the characters. To me, this show really isn't comedy to me because it would have a bunch of funny parts if it was a comedy. Only Season 2 episode that had a bunch of funny parts was "May The Best Pet Win" and that's it.

So yeah, this episode wasn't bad but it's unfortunately the worst episode of Season 2. Somewhat enjoyable though so it gets a 6.5 from me.

pwn312

[7]Dec 3, 2011
    tigerdude22 wrote:
    pwn312 wrote:

The horrible thing is, I've actually been on fan forums where the moderation has been so strict that these kinds of shenanigans happen.

Anyway, I usually don't like posting my opinions on an episode until I've seen it at least twice, but I might as well while I'm here. I thought it was pretty swell. The first two acts seemed a little slow but I think the episode really picked up once Rarity's chums showed up. I loved all of the little throwbacks to previous episodes, like when Rarity mentioned having to go to "the thing at the place." I have a feeling I'll really enjoy the second viewing, especially since this is a Meghan McCarthy episode.

tigerdude22

[8]Dec 4, 2011
    pwn312 wrote:
    tigerdude22 wrote:
    pwn312 wrote:

The horrible thing is, I've actually been on fan forums where the moderation has been so strict that these kinds of shenanigans happen.

Anyway, I usually don't like posting my opinions on an episode until I've seen it at least twice, but I might as well while I'm here. I thought it was pretty swell. The first two acts seemed a little slow but I think the episode really picked up once Rarity's chums showed up. I loved all of the little throwbacks to previous episodes, like when Rarity mentioned having to go to "the thing at the place." I have a feeling I'll really enjoy the second viewing, especially since this is a Meghan McCarthy episode.
    Thanks for posting your opinion and it was enjoyable reading it. To me, it was just okay but it does have its moments.

pwn312

[9]Dec 7, 2011
    After a second viewing, I think my opinion remains more or less the same. I think my favourite episode moments were Applejack's gardening, Twilight's dancing and Fancy Pants being so accepting of Rarity and her friends. Nothing spectacular, but for some reason I cannot get enough of humorously posh accents, so the rest of the episode was fun as well. (I guess you could say that they tickled my "fancy." *drum and cymbal*)

tigerdude22

[10]Dec 10, 2011
    pwn312 wrote:
    After a second viewing, I think my opinion remains more or less the same. I think my favourite episode moments were Applejack's gardening, Twilight's dancing and Fancy Pants being so accepting of Rarity and her friends. Nothing spectacular, but for some reason I cannot get enough of humorously posh accents, so the rest of the episode was fun as well. (I guess you could say that they tickled my "fancy." *drum and cymbal*)
    That's good haha I'm glad that you enjoyed the episode after a second viewing.