My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on The HubIn Season

Who is your favourite pony?

Spongedude12

[21]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 4

Rarity, definetly.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nafaton

[22]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 2
    Jman2108 wrote:
    The great thing about this show is that I don't really have a least liked pony.

I don't why I'm posting since we don't get the channel this show is on, but I would say that when they got their sparkle character all set, the show should've been titled "My Little Sewer Rat."

Spongedude12

[24]Aug 20, 2011

Troll above.

Eternities22

[25]Aug 24, 2011

Pinkie Pie

Saturnkitty

[26]Oct 1, 2011

Princess luna, fluttershy, princess celest, twilight sparkle

BlackTulip009

[27]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 12
    I love them all, but my ordering is as follows:

1. Rainbow Dash
    2. Applejack
    3. Twilight Sparkle
    4. Pinkie Pie
    5. Fluttershy
    6. Rarity

Pinkie and Fluttershy are very close to being tied. They're all really close, honestly. I don't dislike anypony.

pwn312

[28]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 20
    Just a heads up y'all: TV.com is having troubles with the "Edit Post" option for forum posts, so it might be a while before I can update the poll in my first post.

Anyway, I figure I might as well share my favourite pony ranking while I'm posting here. Like many of the users here, there are no ponies in the show that I do not like; I just like some ponies more than others.

1. Pinkie Pie
    2. Fluttershy
    3. Rarity
    4. Rainbow Dash
    5. Twilight Sparkle
    6. Applejack

It actually took me a really long time to start liking Rarity. It wasn't until "Best Night Ever", specifically the scene where she flips out at Prince Blueblood and covers him in cake, that I finally appreciated the pony. I loved Psychoshy, but Rarity's gala story was my favourite part of that episode. The Cinderella parody just fit in so well with the overall philosophy of the show: discarding and, in this case, making fun of the types of tropes that have been plaguing young-female-oriented media pretty much since its conception and preaching a pragmatic alternative. Having Rarity be a part of that, finally meeting a character more stuck up than she was and having her stick up for herself bumped her up from the sixth spot on that list above. After re-watching the episodes with my newfound appreciation of the fashion pony, Rarity ended up climbing into my top three.

BlackTulip009

[30]Oct 13, 2011
    ^ I have seen so many people report that it took a certain episode to raise their respect and love for Rarity! For me, it was after watching "Suited For Success" that I really began to love her even more. Various other eps and moments have increased that feeling since, but even so, she remains my sixth favorite simply because there's hardly any way that the other five could be surpassed! "Afraid to get dirty?!" Man, I absolutely loved how Rare finally put her hoof down and refused to take any more crap and mistreatment from her "dreamboat" Blueblood. Her Gala story was terrific. All of them were, and I especially related, from personal experience, to Rainbow Dash's (being ignored no matter what you say or do), Applejack's (disappointing sale fail), and Twilight's (the one you most want to spend time with being too busy for you) situations. But it gave me a nice little thrill when Pinkie pointed out the glass slipper: "Now your prince is sure to find you!" And sure enough, Rarity subverts the classic tale by gasping, rushing back, and stomping that slipper to shards! XD It WAS terrific--a perfect statement of Lauren Faust's vision for the show. Mare power! And that's not the first time Rarity has brought Cinderella to mind, either; her friends creating her Gala dress for her reminded me of the mice and birds making Cinderella's. ^_^

ANYTHINGxLOVER

[31]Oct 15, 2011

Applejack gets no love... No love at all. You guys are cruel...

I really hate boiling these types of categorization down to a tie, and I hate tiebrakers even more. But to make it feel (somewhat) fair...

3 - Rarity (I can relate to her and she's three-dimensional character-wise, but Ms. Faust, please make her sound like she is)

2 - Fluttershy (because I mean really, saying no? That's just criminal), Pinkie Pie (fourth wall? What fourth wall?), Rainbow Dash (all-round awesomeness) (all that, and I have MLP kitchenware featuring G3 Rainbow and Pinkie) and Applejack (because of the rising band, Hey Ocean!, and lead singer Ashleigh Ball in particular. AJ and Rainbow, actually. Also because half of you guys can be quite mean and deny her attention)

1 - To the surprise of no one, Twilight Sparkle (more of a fanboy thing if nothing else. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TARA STRONG)

BlackTulip009

[33]Oct 18, 2011

Applejack does need more love, and she's my (close) second favorite.

If I had to divide them into three slots like that, I guess it'd be Rainbow & Applejack & Twilight, then Fluttershy & Pinkie, then Rarity.

Tara and Ashleigh (and all of the other voice actors and singers) are incredible. Some of their other characters I can hear, but then there are those such as, for example, Timmy Turner--who'd ever guess that he and Twilight share an actress?! Plus, Tara's a doll (she's one of my Facebook friends!) And I cannot belieeeeve that I hadn't caught on much earlier that Ashleigh also plays Plum Pudding in the new Strawberry Shortcake series (Berry Bitty Adventures.) It should have sounded so familiar, 'cause Plum is sort of a higher-pitched Rainbow Dash.

redfrog_girl

[34]Oct 24, 2011
    • level: 24

I'm actually gonna list my top 5 :3 Because I feel like it

1. Fluttershy

2. Rarity

3. Tom

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Derpy Hooves

BlackTulip009

[35]Oct 25, 2011
    XD I absolutely love that someone included Tom in their top five characters. That is awesome.

Watershiprabbit

[36]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 9

Why so few votes for Applejack?

BlackTulip009

[37]Oct 26, 2011
    I don't know. =( I've seen so many people say that she's their least favorite (or just not one of their favorites) simply because they're not typically all that fond of farm/country/southern characters...but they always add that they do still like her a lot. I LOVE AJ; she's absolutely awesome (and yes, I do tend to like farm/country/southern characters, usually so long as they're not dumb rednecks or somehow unlikeable--from which Applejack is the furthest thing!) I am the same way, though, because my least favorite is Rarity, but I still love her. There's nopony I dislike.

Synetech

[38]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 22
    Like most people I like them all (including Spike and the Cutie-mark Crusaders). If I had to pick one (I usually avoid listing favorites of any sort), I would probably choose Pinkie Pie. I would have thought that Fluttershy would be my favorite since I have social-anxiety myself, but Pinkie is just so cute, honest, straight-forward, and “random” that she is simply just fun (the random trait usually irks me, but somehow Pinkie makes it endearing).

(Oh, and discussion-stream polls allow for more than five options; though I think they have to be pegged to specific episodes; they doesn’t seem to be available for shows in general. Also, only mods/staff, and possibly editors seem to be able to make them.)
    Edited on 11/10/2012 7:46pm
    Edited 4 total times.

jay2158

[39]Nov 26, 2012

my favorites in order

1. Rainbow Dash

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Applejack

4. Fluttershy

5. Rarity and Pinkie pie are tied.

I don't dislike rarity or pinkie pie, just rarity seems stuck up which i guess she's supposed to be and pinkie just bothers me. again i don't dislike them.

Edited on 11/26/2012 8:19pm

cheese1994

[40]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 19

1. Twilight

2. Fluttershy

3. Scootaloo

4. Rarity

5. Luna

6. Spike (lol)