My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Hearth's Warming Eve

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Dec 17, 2011 on The Hub

• Hearth

This is a Winter play about how Equestria was made after the fight of the three tribes. It's at the ancient times of Starswirl the Bearded. A funny and light Christmas like episode. Notice that Unicornia are mentioned too. 10/10
  • A very special FiM Holiday Episode.

I have to say for the first Friendship is Magic Christmas Special, this was simply one of the best episodes of the season, and another winner episode. Our story opens with Twilight Sparkle and her friends going to Canterlot to do a play for the founding of Equestria. Spike comes out on stage and begins narrating they play and how long ago, the unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies didn't get along and constantly fought each other. One day, a blizzard came and has created chaos in the land, prompting the leaders of each faction to come and discuss what to do. Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie play as the leaders for each faction, but they can't come to a decision as to what to do, and the meeting fails. Eventually, the three factions move to find new land, and find a new land with each faction claiming their territory. Rainbow Dash calls it Pegasopolis, Rarity calls it Unicornia, and Pinkie at first calls it Dirtville, but her aid, Applejack, tells her to call it Earth. The three factions find each other and fight again, and it brings with them a blizzard that forces them into a cave. The leaders continue to fight amongst each other until the blizzard gets so bad it freezes them, leaving the three aids of the leaders, played by Fluttershy, Applejack, and Twilight to try to find a way to survive. Twilight sees that there are some mystic ponies in the sky that feed on hatred and makes things colder. Just as the three aids are about to go down, Twilight's horn lows and shoots out a spell that takes out the mystic ponies, and unfreezes them. As time moves on, and the three aids get along, the blizzard goes away and the leaders melt out, and they all decide to become friends and share the land, and called it Equestria. Our episode ends with Twilight and the others fighting when a roar is heard and decide to get along. This was simply put one of the very best episodes of this show yet. I loved the moments with Pinkie Pie especially with her coming down the chimney and her entrance as leader. I also loved Spike being dramatic as narrator, and the musical number at the end was excellent. This was an excellent episode for Friendship is Magic and it's a must see.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10
  • Christmas Review #8

Twilight Sparkle and her friends are invited to play the lead roles in the annual Hearth's Warming Eve pageant being held in Canterlot. The pageant portrays the founding of Equestria through the struggles faced by, and eventual unification of, the pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies. Oh man, I was really hoping to give this Christmas episode a 10 after last week's episode being so disappointing. Yeah, the past few episodes of this show have been getting weak and was hoping that this Christmas episode would make up for the weakness of the past few episodes. Still, I did like this Christmas episode but it's sadly not the greatest Christmas episode I've ever seen and the other shows have better Christmas episodes than this one. My biggest disappointment though is how this didn't even feel like a Christmas episode. I'm serious, the whole entire episode is just the ponies doing a play for Hearth's Warming Eve (a.k.a. Christmas) but it just didn't feel like a Christmas episode. Only thing that did give it a little Christmas feeling was the short musical number towards the end of the episode which I enjoyed. So yeah, my score is low due to that huge issue of mine and the episode was getting boring as it went on. The parts that did make me laugh was Spike being the narrator of the play, Pinkie Pie's line "I spy some pony eating a Gingerbread House" and then Pinkie Pie eats the Gingerbread House, Fluttershy being afraid to go on stage, and Pinkie Pie falling down the chimney. Pinkie Pie's entrance was also very cute. But yeah, if the writers do decide to make a second Christmas episode in the future, please make a storyline that actually feels like Christmas. Overall, a great Christmas episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" but it could have been better by coming up with a better Christmas storyline and it was by no means perfect. 8/10
  • A Christmas special.

A very good episode, especially from our "good neighbor" Merriwether Williams. After the disastrous and down to the bottom episode the mysterious mare do well, the only thing you could expect is that she could improve a little bit; well she does and also surpass my expectatives, especially making Spike being the narrator and giving more milliseconds to Derpy, but she uses one of the most used tropes you could think of: "the leader is an idiot". .This is her great fault, her lack of originality compared to the other writers from the show.