My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Hearts and Hooves Day

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Feb 11, 2012 on The Hub

• Great, was laughing all the way through

Got half way through this one and that was more than enough. This one is strictly for the younger crowd.

EDIT: Watched again, all the way through this time. Liked it a little more this time,

ReEDIT: After watching a third time, I actually quite enjoyed it. I suppose it grew on me.
  • One of the best CMC episode ever.

I have to say that out of all of the episodes involving the Cutie Mark Crusaders, this may be better right up there with The Cutie Mark Chronicles. That's saying a lot considering how excellent that episode was. The story begins in Ponyville School and it's Hearts and Hooves Day, a time for giving gifts and love a special somepony. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo bring a huge card for their teacher, Cheerilee, and learn that she has nopony to love. The Crusaders look through Ponyville to find a stallion for Cheerilee, and find one in Applebloom's brother, Big Macintosh. The CMC at first try to get Cheerilee and Big Macintosh to have a romantic dinner together, but it doesn't work. The CMC are bummed until they run into Twilight Sparkle, and learn she is reading a book about a love potion. The CMC take the book and go back to their clubhouse to make it. The CMC are able to make it and trick Big Macintosh and Cheerilee into drinking it. At first it seems to work, but when the CMC discover that the potion is Love Poison and it causes the ones who drank it to act like morons, then they realize their mistake. The CMC find a cure that if they can prevent Cheerilee and Big Macintosh from seeing each other for a full hour, the potion wears off. They all come up with an idea to pretend that the two lovebirds are getting married. Applebloom distracts Big Macintosh while Sweetie occupies Cheerilee. The plan works for a while, but Big Macintosh makes his way to Carousel Boutique, where Cheerilee is. The CMC do their best to hold them off until time runs off, but Cheerilee and Big Macintosh see each other as time runs out. The CMC check on the two lovebirds and see everything is back to normal with them. They explain they wanted to help Cheerilee with finding a special somepony and learn that they can't force love onto another pony. The episode ends with the CMC being punished by working on Big Macintosh's chores and Cheerilee and Big Macintosh go out on a date, much to the CMC's dismay. This was one of the best holiday episodes of Friendship is Magic yet. The musical number was by far superb and well done as well as catchy. I enjoyed Big Macintosh hopping like Pinkie Pie, and the attempts of the CMC to get Cheerilee and Big Macintosh together. I have only two issues. One, Twilight and Spike should've known what the CMC did and be there as they tell the Friendship Report. Two, the cheesy names from Cheerilee and Big Macintosh got tiring quickly. All in all though, an excellent first Valentine's Day episode for FiM, and a superb episode all around.

FINAL SCORE: 9.5/10
  • This Was a Great Episode.

I must admit that this was an excellent episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. It had such hugh ratings that the Hub might want to reconsider that Cutie Mark Crusaders spin-off. My advice to Twilight Sparkle is to get rid of that love potion before Spike gets a hold of it and gets tempted to use it on Rarity. Once again, a great episode.
  • Boys do fall in love

It's Hearts and Hooves Day and the CMC makes Cheerilee fall in love with Big Mac. But the fillies uses a love poison instead of a love potion. In comes the best FiM yet beside Rarity's two songs. There is a lot of small things to notice like a rejected filly, arcade games and on. The Mane Six is not to be seen together in this episode but it's up to the fans to do the writings that soon might flood. A feel good episode where the CMC steals the show once again. You might look out for spoilers ahead in the middle of this episode. Cheerilee is finally having a bigger a role and Big Mac has more lines. The CMC is not looking for their cutie marks in this episode but helps their teacher and Big Mac fall in love in this episode.

At final this episode gets 10/10.
  • Valentine's Day Review #3

After finding out that Cheerilee doesn't have a special someone to spend Hearts and Hooves Day with, the Cutie Mark Crusaders try to hook her up with Big Macintosh, believing that they are perfect for each other. When their plan to get them together fails, they decide to use a love potion on them, which does too good of a job as Cheerilee and Big Macintosh spend every single moment with each other. I thought that this was an almost perfect Hearts and Hooves Day (a.k.a. Valentine's Day) episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". Not the best episode I've seen but it's a little better than last week's episode "Read It and Weep" and I really liked it for the most part. I've seen a tad more better CMC episodes than this one though. I love how this episode actually focused on Big Macintosh for once and how he actually said more than one word (even though he only talked to say those lame and tiring pep names to Cheerilee). I thought it was funny when the Cutie Mark Crusaders borrowed a love potion book from Twilight to read on how to make a love potion so Cheerilee and Big Macintosh can fall in love with each other. The love potion turning out to be a love poison was funny as well. Like That_TV_Dude said, Big Macintosh was hopping like Pinkie Pie which I also found to be quite funny. The musical number was also decent but it's NOT the most catchiest or greatest one I've ever heard from this show though. I also enjoyed Twilight's cameo appearance even though I would rather see Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy make a cameo appearance on a Valentine's Day episode like this. Almost everything about this episode was wonderful. Only thing keeping this episode from being a 10 was that Big Macintosh and Cheerilee giving each other those lame and corny pep names got a little annoying and it got old very fast. Overall, this was an ALMOST perfect Valentine's Day episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". 9.5/10