My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Keep Calm and Flutter On

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Jan 19, 2013 on The Hub

• Discord Returns

Usually I watch new episodes of this show from my DVR because I love to be sleeping IN in the mornings. For once, I actually woke up early but it wasn't for this episode though... I was gonna watch it but that new SpongeBob episode "Plankton's Pet" was airing at the same time as this new episode so what did I pick??? the new SpongeBob because even though I love this show... that sponge will always be near and dear to my heart. Anyways, watched it from the DVR immediately after the new SpongeBob was over and I loved this episode. FINALLY!!! it's about damn time there was an excellent Fluttershy episode. Two of the Fluttershy episodes were great but I'll be honest, they were disappointing. As a Fluttershy fan, Fluttershy finally gets the episode that she truly deserved. There were many funny moments into this episode. It was definitely a better "villain goes from bad-to-good storyline" than that poor episode "Magic Duel" where Trixie goes from bad to good. This episode actually handled it right and very well. Discard was just as awesome as he was in the Season 2 Premiere last season. He was very random and I'm glad he gave Angel the bunny some bad luck. Fluttershy is such a sweet and adorable pony, I really would love to be her best friend. I'm so happy how Fluttershy NEVER (I mean, NEVER) gave up on Discord and Discord actually having a soft side because of the fact that Fluttershy was his one and only friend was very heartwarming and made me smile. It's handled in a very well and right way. The execution was impressive, the storyline was highly well-written, the humor just keeps coming and coming and I eventually had to take a break from laughing. I LOVED how Discard used the title "Friendship Is Magic" and I really cracked up at Fluttershy's final line of the episode after Discord said that. It's definitely an episode for all to see especially if you're a Fluttershy fan. Unfortunately, Season 3 is the shortest season that his series has brought but I could only hope that Season 4 would bring more Fluttershy episodes and make them be exactly like this episode right here. I can't remember the last amazing Fluttershy episode I saw (obviously it's somewhere in Season 1) but this is definitely one of the best, if not, the best Fluttershy episode that I have ever seen. Animation as always is very vibrant and beautiful and the return of Discord was amazing. Heartwarming, hilarious, and just all-around a well-written and genuine treat that I love to call a MUST-SEE. 10/10